Author Topic: For the Mosin Nagant fans among us  (Read 6724 times)

Lahti35

• Currently Enfield-less!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • The Department of Redundancy Deptartment.
Reply #30 on: December 22, 2010, 04:05:47 pm
I gotta ask, though - does the scope REALLY help? I just "squeeze and lead ...."  ;D

Its actualy just a red dot 1x sight, I wouldn't put a magnification scope on any AK, but thats just me. Its got a ring with a small 1.5 MOA dot in the center that is black but turns red when you flip the switch. Its nice that you can use it with the red dot or not. What i REALLY like about it is that your sight picture is much cleaner, you don't have iron sights blocking the bottom half of whatever you shoot. I'm not a big scope man, on anything really but i dig this. I fly the other way too. I have a bone stock polish underfolder that I rock and roll with also. No scope, not even a scope rail.
'03 Ex-Electric start 500....gone but not forgotten...

I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #31 on: December 22, 2010, 04:13:57 pm
Ha! Ha! - You'd look like a Monty Python episode with the deer carcass draped over your shoulder ..... "Bring out yer DAID *DING* - Bring out yer DAID ....!" "What a lovely day it is, madam ..... I was just out for a walk when all the sudden ....." I'm barely able to type thinkin' about it!! Hahaha!  ;D ;D ;D
" Not to worry Kids, I got it under control, I'm a vet EMT. Yes Yes, Santa's sled did have a mishap, Donner is in good hands, He'll be just fine" " where's the sled? Not to worry, it's already Back on it's way". " Now shuffle off". Oh geez!  your killing me... :D :D :D :D
 "what this? Airsoft riffle, yes he dropped it out of the sled, now get go'in"
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 04:26:36 pm by gashousegorilla »
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #32 on: December 22, 2010, 06:26:00 pm
Its actualy just a red dot 1x sight, I wouldn't put a magnification scope on any AK, but thats just me. Its got a ring with a small 1.5 MOA dot in the center that is black but turns red when you flip the switch. Its nice that you can use it with the red dot or not. What i REALLY like about it is that your sight picture is much cleaner, you don't have iron sights blocking the bottom half of whatever you shoot. I'm not a big scope man, on anything really but i dig this. I fly the other way too. I have a bone stock polish underfolder that I rock and roll with also. No scope, not even a scope rail.

That makes sense .... I was thinking that magnification was wasted on one of the darn things ..... Mine's pretty accurate - once you figger out that it tosses a round out just a bit high and to the left ...... Hahaha! I have a longing for an underfolder .... GIT SOME ...  ;)
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #33 on: December 22, 2010, 06:29:58 pm
" Not to worry Kids, I got it under control, I'm a vet EMT. Yes Yes, Santa's sled did have a mishap, Donner is in good hands, He'll be just fine" " where's the sled? Not to worry, it's already Back on it's way". " Now shuffle off". Oh geez!  your killing me... :D :D :D :D
 "what this? Airsoft riffle, yes he dropped it out of the sled, now get go'in"

(In best straight laced British accent) "Deer? What deer? ... Oh, THIS! It must have been a bit of a mistake, you see .... I was out looking to get the paper in when all of the sudden it jumped up at me. It must have passed out or something when I yelled and hit it with the National Enquirer ....... it'll come round in a moment ...."  ::) ;D ;D ;D

Lahti35

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: December 22, 2010, 08:34:23 pm
That makes sense .... I was thinking that magnification was wasted on one of the darn things ..... Mine's pretty accurate - once you figger out that it tosses a round out just a bit high and to the left ...... Hahaha! I have a longing for an underfolder .... GIT SOME ...  ;)

Here's a pic of the sight witht he red dot on, you can even still see the front sight inthe lower right of the view ;D

I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #35 on: December 22, 2010, 08:40:09 pm
Here's a pic of the sight witht he red dot on, you can even still see the front sight inthe lower right of the view ;D

Hahahaha! That's rich, man - that's about where mine SHOOTS at 50 yards ......  ::) Pretty cool tho - I assume the "tuning" is so when the red dot is on the forehe .... er, ah ..... the target, that the round will follow. Watch them TOES .... it's mighty close -  ;) I may have to look after one of those - it'd sure make killin' them evil cans and other farm junk a lot easier ......  ::)

Lahti35

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #36 on: December 23, 2010, 01:27:58 am
Watch them TOES .... it's mighty close -  ;)

LOL that picture does make it look close! Due to a teenage accident I have no feeling in the toes on my left foot so I wonder if i'd even notice they went missing unless i was looking at them when it happened :D