Author Topic: Need some tips  (Read 7716 times)

luckylefty

• Scooter
on: January 21, 2008, 02:26:27 am
hi guys i am from singapore and  i got an bullet army editon and planin to do a bobber project on it. i saw a picture in the gallery which is how my end product of my bike should look like. the few questions would be...what handle bars are those ? and front trye being used, i am currently usin a nachelle covers and i want to change the headlamps like the one in the picture..can i just remove my nachelle and just replace it wit this lamp or do i have to get a new fork aswell ? are there any good website on bobber style enfield ? thanks a million guys !

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 03:16:06 am
I don't thing that one belongs to anyone on the forum.  It was one someone found on the internet.  Try http://www.vardenchi.com/ they might have some tips for you.
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 03:54:00 am
    Yeah, I posted that photo. I found it doing a google search on the internet. I just liked the looks of it. Sorry I don't have any real information on that bike. Wish it was mine.

jon
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

LotusSevenMan

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...._[:]@==<
Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 05:20:11 pm
Birdmove.
Glad it's NOT mine.
I wouldn't want to carry around that housebrick everytime I wanted to park up somewhere!!!   ::)
If it ain't broke-------------------------- fix it 'till it is!

Royal Enfield Miltary 500cc  (2003)
Honda VTR FireStorm (SuperHawk) 996cc 'V' twin
Kawasaki KR1 250cc twin 'stroker
Ducati 916 'L' twin

luckylefty

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 05:50:11 pm
it looks really mad crazy. anyone has any ideas on the tyres being used ? or the handle bar ?

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 06:32:19 pm
Interesting looking bike Luckylefty, but if you take a look at it, you'll see it isn't street legal. Not sure where you might be able to ride something like that. Maybe it's just for show. Don't get me wrong, I love show bikes, just like riding more.

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 08:58:05 pm
Interesting looking bike Luckylefty, but if you take a look at it, you'll see it isn't street legal.

Why is that?
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 09:16:26 pm
it looks really mad crazy. anyone has any ideas on the tyres being used ? or the handle bar ?
The tires look like the Russian tires that are used on the 2 wheel drive Urals.
http://www.imzural.info/Crawfordsales/stories/storyReader$256
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"

BanditRE

• Bulleteer
  • Use Small Words - I'm an Engineer
Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 09:16:43 pm
I'm guessing because there's no turn signals (may or may not be required), no stop light or license plate from what I can tell. Who needs 'em anyway.

It looks cool though.....
2007 Military 500ES. 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 09:25:55 pm
A hand shifter? As if things aren't hairy enough in modern traffic.....
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 09:37:37 pm
  Hard to tell what year it is-it might be old enough that it doesn't have to have turn signals.
    A coworker of mine ride an old Harley with kick start only,foot clutch,hand shift,and a belt drive primary that is totally exposed! You have to be a caveman to ride that thing.

jon
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 09:47:37 pm
I'm guessing because there's no turn signals (may or may not be required), no stop light or license plate from what I can tell. Who needs 'em anyway.
It looks cool though.....

In Michigan you don't have to have turn signals.
The taillight and license plate could be mounted off the left side axle bolt like these,

http://www.jpcycles.com/search.aspx?search=side+mount+tailights&store=All

The only thing that I can see that wouldn't fly here is that you have to have at least 1 mirror.
Jockey shift, I don't like jockey shifts on the same side as the throttle. Since there is no brake pedal on the right side I would guess that the clutch is on the left handlebar.
Yup, looks like a nightmare to shift with that old 4 speed box and not being able to use the throttle to control the RPM's.
It would be much better with the jockey shift lever on the left side with a foot clutch on the same side. Throttle and both brakes on the right side like the old HD's.
The way he has that lever with that big old knob on it will trash that gearbox in a hurry.
CJ

1972 FLH "Sambo"

HRAB

• I should really edit this
  • Grease Monkey
  • Been there, doin' more...God willing
Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 10:20:47 pm
To make the front look this way you will need to replace the headlight casing with the trials or cafe racer top yoke, Headlight bracket and headlight shell.

The handlebars are what we here call "Western Style".

Exhaust looks custom bent.

Blacked out engine and shiny parts really makes this bike look like it means business.
jim
BMWMOA www.bmwmoa.com
Iron Butt Association www.ironbutt.com/about/default.cfm
(Formerly) CRA# 118N www.cra-mn.com (I got smarter in old age)
74 Honda XL350 'Scoot'
81 Honda CB650C
86 Gold Wing with California Sidecar
00 Honda ST1100 'Large Marge'

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 10:36:48 pm
    One could basically make this bike from a new Bullet but with the standard r/side foot shifter.Convert the headlight,bob the rear fender,different exhaust,bars,nice solo seat,tail/stop light/license plate setup on the right side (see the new HD Nightster setup-legal in the US).Smaller, less obtrusive front turns,minimal gauge/indicators, different tires etc.Repaint. I think they've done a good job here, but I would retain the stock foot shifter for sure.In Wa. State you'd have to retain the turn signals if its a newer bike. I've seen photos of Bullets that looked similar to this one. Just a nice, minimalist roadster with some hints of offroad use.

I'd love to have one like that.But I also love the stock Classic,65,Electra, etc. By the way, I've seen lots of similiar bikes to this one made from the Suzuki Savage/S40s too.

jon
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

luckylefty

• Scooter
Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 03:06:51 am
hey guys thanks for the reply!!  i will be might be starting my project soon when i have the time. I will post pictures to update you guys wit my progress. i got a few question along the way as i am very new to a bullet. do you guys think i that if i could modify the front end with a springer fork ? which will be the best fork..and also what is the widest and the highest profile i can use for bullet.

thanks guys..sorry for botherin with lotza questions :)