Author Topic: Power commander may have some competition  (Read 3344 times)

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
on: December 10, 2010, 10:36:40 am
 A programmable EFI module from TOTTI MOTORI  of Italy 

http://www.tottimotori.com/index.php?lingua=it&pagina=3212&a=0&pag=0&recordDettaglio=7596#deatailAnchor

Makes me wonder whats next.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 11:35:34 am
I see that theirs utilises the Oh-Two sensor inputs ...... interesting .......
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 07:16:30 pm
A little competetion is a good thing. While you are at it Mr. SB, why dont you get a hold of this too.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 09:41:10 pm
A little competetion is a good thing. While you are at it Mr. SB, why dont you get a hold of this too.

You have no idea of the a$$ beating that I got when the LAST one "just arrived" ..... TWO of them would put me in the doghouse .... unless I get the PC-V doing the GRAND job - and you guys "buy in" .... The other one IS interesting to me, being a closed loop system ....

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 10:05:28 pm
I wonder if it uses the stock O2 sensor or a wide band one?  Maybe it ignores the sensor for high throttle openings or has a learning map that adapts over time.  Most EFI uses the sensor at steady engine speed and the base map when speeds are changing.  The fancy ones tune the base map for best performance over time as the engine passes through all the points in the map.

Scott

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 10:10:36 pm
I would guess that the Eye-Tally-un one uses the wide-band sensor and DOES "train" for the best map over time .... Italian tuners can get more out of a lawnmower than the entire engineering department at Ricardo ..... I have no idea how this works, either .... it's SOME sort of voodoo. Sort of like Professor Volta and Dr. Ohm being Italian and they have some of the WORST wiring in the world ... Go figger! Maybe the tuning was because Bernoulli and Venturi were Italian .... "Principled" Italians! Hahaha! 

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 10:36:01 pm
IMHO DaVinci and Michaelangelo were brilliant in their fields but the creative efforts of Taglioni, Cicatto, DiBella inspire awe as well if not more so. Roberto Totti could be a serious candidate time will tell.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 11:55:21 pm
Taglioni is my HERO! I have picture of him in "Motocicletta" slaving over a drawing board, Marlboro dangling from his lips at a jaunty angle and a half emptied glass of wine sitting nearby ..... THAT'S how to do engineering!  ;)