Author Topic: John Lennon - Dec 8  (Read 1633 times)

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
on: December 08, 2010, 04:47:00 pm
Imagine - There is no heaven
Across the universe - Jai guru deva
Strawberry fields - Living is easy with eyes closed
A day in the life - I read the news today, oh boy
Mind games for ever - pushing the barriers

Peace and Love !
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 06:59:58 pm
I know I just posted a film a few days ago, but considering this post I have another to share.  This is an interview with John Lennon done by a 14 year old kid who snuck his way into John's hotel room.  It's candid, powerful, and just as pertinent today as it was in 1969.  A quick 5 minutes and an absolutely fantastic interview accompanied by some amazing animation.

I Met the Walrus"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmR0V6s3NKk

R.I.PEACE John and George.
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

Maturin

• Grand Gearhead
  • My Precious
Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 09:55:15 pm
When I was 12 I had a timer for the radio to wake me up for school. At 7 o´clock in the morning the timer went off and my day started with the news. The first message on this decemberday in 1980 was, of course, Lennon´s assasination and I was awakened immediately.
The year before I had started to discover music, starting with a `Best of`-LP of the Beach Boys and the Beatles´ White Album. That someone could have killed John Lennon was outside of my imaginativeness and so I was completely in shock for the following days. I can remember that as if it happened yesterday.
Today my best entrance into the world of art is music, and the foundation for that was build by the four from Liverpool - so I owe this guy a lot. Thanks John, r.i.p.
2010 G5
A Garage without a Bullet is a empty, barren hole.

When acellerating the tears of emotion must flow off horizontally to the ears.
Walter Röhrl

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 02:56:53 am
Well,Lennon was part of the group that saved us from the music of the time.I appreciate that.Senseless murder is just that.I did not care much for Lennon one way or another.Talented for sure.The thing he did that I resented most was his withdrawal from the arena when he was at his best.Ironical that he was killed just as he was beginning to return to his calling.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 03:18:53 am
so true...he was in that yoko thing and disappeared....didn't  his murderer request parole recently and got shot down..
Oh Magoo you done it again

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 05:50:18 am
Gets to be with wife 3 times a year.Bet Yoko would like to be with John 3 times a year.

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 05:58:26 am
I liked his early inventive stuff and what came with the Revolver album.  Didn't care for his persona or later stuff.  He and tunesmith Paul were perfect for each other.  But for some reason I always prefered George's tunes. 
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

billy2sheds

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 05:30:30 pm
john  elvis  che  they are dead get over it.

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 06:24:17 pm
john  elvis  che  they are dead get over it.

just a theory....
    Elvis is really hiding out in Michigan!!
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 12:09:23 am
I found out Lennon died when I got school.  My French teacher brought in a record player and we just quietly listened to Beatles records for the whole class.  I'm still a huge fan of Lennon, although I can't picture the Beatles being as good without all four of their distinct contributions.  People can argue all they want about which Beatle the liked best, but when it comes down to it, all four of them were The Beatles.  Nobody else comes close.  Being the fourth best Beatle would still leave you in a higher ranking than anyone else who wasn't also a Beatle.

Eamon
Eamon

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 01:29:17 am
apparently lennon was the first beatle as he introduced paul into their early band,  paul found harrison and harrison knew ringo..believe the band was known as the  quarrymen in liverpool.

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 04:52:26 am
Strange --not much mention of it in Blighty.  Assassination?  isnt that the word used when important people are murdered. 

Not that Important in Blighty for a start off not many of the population remember who he is, he ran away from the tax systems and was a multi  milionare but sang songs about the poor,  smoked drugs and got his brain fked out.

Thats it,----   Anything else?
I would never be a member of a cub that would have me as a member

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 03:41:09 pm
Yeah.Wonder if it would be so big here if Lennon had been offed in some other country.I don't get idolizing entertainers,and talent is pretty much luck.But a lot of the time talent is just staying with it till it's right.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 04:10:54 pm
that's one way to look at it but then again the british invasion was successful on the third try and it happen to be the Beatle..