Author Topic: New RE Fury  (Read 5536 times)

Maturin

• Grand Gearhead
  • My Precious
on: November 28, 2010, 02:15:03 pm
Found these pics from the newest, somewhat bizzare animal in the RE stable:
http://www.autoplugged.com/photos/2011-royal-enfield-fury-pictures-revealed/
I have to say that the name works for me: in view of this design I get infuriated. The worst from the 70s & 80s, and on top something disgusting from the 10s aswell: the digital clock panel :o.
Given the fact that any classic clubman is a guaranteed sucess in Europe and the United states - as proven by Watsonian with their clubman - I really like to know what kind of grass they´re smoking in the factory design department. Hope they will rethink this endeavour.
P.S.: They kept the sausage boxes  >:(
P.P.S.: Fortunately it will only be sold in the UK.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 02:18:11 pm by Maturin »
2010 G5
A Garage without a Bullet is a empty, barren hole.

When acellerating the tears of emotion must flow off horizontally to the ears.
Walter Röhrl

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 02:48:31 pm
While the bike in question does have some appeal, it does bear repeating, Please R.E. DO NOT call that thing a Fury UNLESS its as quick and as fast as the original Fury.

Please save the name for a worthy successor.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

Bullet Whisperer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 05:28:03 pm
Here's my take on it,
 If they sort that gap out between the seat and sidepanel, I think they have a pretty good looking machine there. I don't care much for 'Bobbers' or 'Chops', but flat track styling has always appealed to me. In the U.K. [where I live], we had to wait in the back of the queue, when Triumph, BSA etc sent all their good looking machines to the States first, leaving us with the bland 'leftovers' from last season. It might come as a surprise to learn that there is still strong demand here for TR6c's, A65 Firebirds etc, so there may well be takers for the new R.E. over here. The new UCE machines haven't done anything for me yet, but  this one has caught my eye.
 At 46 years old, I am not in the first flush of youth, but it may attract younger customers to the marque, which would only be a good thing.
 We own a couple of 'Real' Furys and are not offended, after all if Hinckley Triumph can get away with their monstrosity they call a 'Bonneville', anything goes.
 I hope they sell a good few and wish them luck, at least they are trying to maximise a market for what is in reality just one machine, rather than a true 'range'.
 B.W.

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 11:13:58 pm
Maturin,
I'm with you.  The design is ALL over the place.  Completely unbalanced.  It looks like 3 motorcycles mashed together.  RE's should be all about keeping the past alive in modern updates.  The Cafe Racer concept is fantastic.  How about the factory sells some nice Cafe's and Scramblers as models and not kits.  DO a flat-tracker... but jeez... do it right for crying out loud.  This thing is an industrial design catastrophe.
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 11:30:55 pm
Man, I don't know if I love it or hate it!   ;D
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 05:04:00 am
While the bike in question does have some appeal, it does bear repeating, Please R.E. DO NOT call that thing a Fury UNLESS its as quick and as fast as the original Fury.

Please save the name for a worthy successor.

It is probably impossible to have it be as quick and fast as the original with today's emission and noise restrictions. 

Plus, I'm not keen to do the ton on a 500cc bike.   ;)

enfield freddy

• Grand Gearhead
  • old man riding an old bike
Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 01:34:08 pm
checking the details , it looks like this bike is put together by the RE uk importers (watsonion squires) , sad innit?
arthritis hurts at my age!

geichal

• Grease Monkey
  • REA #64 ...not quite done, but close...
Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 03:27:57 pm
Plus, I'm not keen to do the ton on a 500cc bike.   ;)
[/quote]
I'd like to do it once to know that I can, I can get close at about 94mph (gps)...soo close...
You are right in that going that fast on a 300# (mine is stripped down) 500cc pushrod single will get your blood pumping!  As far as the new Fury goes, I don't dig it. 
geichal ;D

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 02:44:12 pm
I just don't get it... of all variations they could put out, they do a "half" flat tracker?  I say half, because I really only see half on one there.  The high bars in the front say cruiser to me, not tracker.  I enjoy proper trackers... this ain't one of 'em.  The tail is so futuristic.

Is this an official RE India factory machine?  Or like what Freddy said, is it just a UK job.  Don't get me wrong... I'll take all the extra ponies I can get, but dress it up right.  Are people in England really clamoring for something like this?
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 04:57:48 am
That is one ugly-ass motorcycle.
Any allegedly younger crowd it's supposed to appeal to will think so too.  Buckhorn bars with a flat-track seat?  Puh-LEESE.

As far as calling it a vury, I don't think that's any worse than calling what I have a "Bullet"- unless you consider a rock thrown by hand to be a bullet.  I think technically, though, it's considered a missile.  There ya go- the Royal Enfield Missile!
Run what ya brung

blueberry

• Bulleteer
Reply #10 on: December 05, 2010, 02:24:20 pm
Sorry :(  IMHO The seat and tank do not go together.  The Fury decal and Royal Enfield on the tank do not work either. Duel exhaust? Give me a break.  There is something about the way a single pipe looks and sounds that can't be topped.  It looks like someone put it together from spare parts of a few different motorcycles.
Ride Safe, Blueberry
2008 Electra
1985 Honda 250 Rebel
1970 Honda SL90

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: December 05, 2010, 06:34:41 pm
It is arriving in stores soon.. in the UK...

http://www.royal-enfield.com/fury.html

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: December 06, 2010, 01:13:14 am
I like the chrome headlamp, separate from the meters.  The chrome hot dog bun warmers have GOT to go. 

Nah, it just doesn't work for me.   :(

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: December 06, 2010, 01:23:04 am
I am much calmer about things now.  I still don't like this machine, but upon further reading I realize this isn't coming out of the factory.  And to Watsonian Squire's credit, I love their Clubman and Trials bike that they've put together.  Really classy machines. 

Gazelle handlebars, mismatched tank-seat combo, hot dog buns, and one too many exhausts aside... that FURY font is just a really poor choice.  I feel like that Enfield is embarrassed because it's mom bought it a really ugly shirt and made it where it to school.  Poor little guy.
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #14 on: December 06, 2010, 11:22:37 pm
Are the guys at Watsonian Squire blind? This can't be. It just screams Indian styling.
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: December 06, 2010, 11:57:23 pm
its sure does...but not like wehaven't  seen other manufacturers put out strange cosmetic work before..
Oh Magoo you done it again

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #16 on: December 07, 2010, 01:21:38 am
Yeah, I guess I have seen this before.  Remember what Yamaha did to the XS650? Hog rear wheel and all. On the other hand what do I know ?, This may be the newest trend, like "factory customs". Don't those two words contradict themselves?
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

pistone

• Scooter
Reply #17 on: December 24, 2010, 06:56:22 pm

I like the fact that something new is coming.

I dont' like the digital gauge

I like the dirt track tail

I don't like the toolbox retaining

I like the red stripe on the blu paint.

I don't like the name. the roaring "Fury" must be used for an eventual sport and quicker version as somebody told.

I like that British are trying to make something "american"  (also if a bit ugly   ;))

I hope the next time they will ask to Kevin Mahoney and other US "boyz" how to do a flat track bike    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Fabrizio   (can I try to make my own version?   :))

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #18 on: December 29, 2010, 12:47:42 pm

the roaring "Fury" must be used for an eventual sport and quicker version as somebody told.

Fabrizio   (can I try to make my own version?   :))

PLEASE make one of each  8)
No matter where you go, there, you are.

pistone

• Scooter
Reply #19 on: December 29, 2010, 03:50:27 pm

I already have in stock the Fury tank

We have the complet exhausts  ( the same we use on our EFI McDeeb Six Days scrambler)

We can make mudguards and all the body.

Theonly thing we need is an order to make it  from a customer    ;)

(orders are welcome   :))

Fabrizio

wizbang42

• Scooter
Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 04:29:40 pm
2007 Bullet Deluxe 500es