Author Topic: What are you doing this Winter?  (Read 8347 times)

Chasfield

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 01:34:36 pm
Very much so. They are saying that it has been the worst November snowfall for 17 years or more.
2001 500 Bullet Deluxe

C.C.

• Scooter
  • 1960 Bullet
Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 01:38:23 pm
Should reach 46 degrees today in Indianapolis so I will be out riding. Will ride as much as weather will permit and only if no snow/ice on the roads.

CC
2006 Bullet Sixty 5
Member: Royal Enfield Association #11

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 02:27:06 pm
Should reach 46 degrees today in Indianapolis so I will be out riding. Will ride as much as weather will permit and only if no snow/ice on the roads.

CC

That's the spirit !!

Riding whenever possible saves me between $1,500 and $3,000 a year in gasoline costs compared to driving.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: November 28, 2010, 03:49:47 pm
Is everybody on here younger than me?Or just tougher and more determined.I just do not care to ride at temps below 65 f.Torture.Then,I cannot get warmed up,cold to the core.We have been having an easy fall in Missouri with many days in the 60s and today we will see 55.It is soon gonna go away,and I will feel better and more justified in neglecting to ride Jolly.I would go for a ride today but I am enjoying a really nice association with a respiratory virus,taking up all my time.I will actually be finishing off the 2 sumbitchin MGs.Midget is almost done,TD is at the stage where things start to speed up,ready for primer,chassis restoration complete,etc.I will never do a TD again,too many details.

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #19 on: November 28, 2010, 04:01:37 pm
Doing what I do every winter —  Wondering why the hell I live in New England.  The birds are smart... they fly away.  The bears can't fly so they just sleep it away.  Even the frogs dig in and let it pass.  But no... not this stupid land-monkey.  I just shiver, shovel, and swear.
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #20 on: November 28, 2010, 05:20:34 pm
Doing what I do every winter —  Wondering why the hell I live in New England.  The birds are smart... they fly away.  The bears can't fly so they just sleep it away.  Even the frogs dig in and let it pass.  But no... not this stupid land-monkey.  I just shiver, shovel, and swear.

I couldn't have said THAT better ..... What, in the Wide Wide World of Sports is WRONG with us??  ::)
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #21 on: November 28, 2010, 05:38:14 pm
I just rode to the store in a T shirt, hehehehe ;D
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

motomataya

• Grease Monkey
Reply #22 on: November 28, 2010, 09:23:11 pm
Riding on a lake with virgin ice and no snow is the most fun you can have on a motorcycle. The rest of the time winter sucks.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #23 on: November 28, 2010, 11:14:16 pm
Riding on a lake with virgin ice and no snow is the most fun you can have on a motorcycle. The rest of the time winter sucks.

You ain't right .... but somehow ..... I LIKE that idea! Hahaha! It beats "ice fishing" - which, as I've found out, is not about fishing at ALL - but avoiding the wife and drinking copious quantities of liquor while pretending to fish. Riding a motorcycle anytime is good ..... Would the ice hold up the Duh-Nyepper?  ;)

motomataya

• Grease Monkey
Reply #24 on: November 28, 2010, 11:49:29 pm
We'll put a plow on the duh-nyepper.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #25 on: November 29, 2010, 12:03:54 am
We'll put a plow on the duh-nyepper.

;D ;D ;D

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: November 29, 2010, 02:13:19 am
I couldn't have said THAT better ..... What, in the Wide Wide World of Sports is WRONG with us??  ::)
Yea, why couldn't the freek'in Pilgrims have landed in Oahu ! I am sick of raking 12 metric tons of Oak leaves. >:( They hang on till December. Spend all damn day doing it, the next day it's covered again.Then it's shoveling snow and Oak leaves! I need to move to a Pine forest.
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #27 on: November 29, 2010, 02:23:48 am
I've been burning leaves for days, I'm beginning to get tired of it.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #28 on: November 29, 2010, 02:28:56 am
 At least it smells nice. Can't do that around here anymore , the fire dept. and swat team would show up. :D
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #29 on: November 29, 2010, 02:31:30 am
Nothing lays upon the ground in Missouri.It is all blown away.Dead animals disappear,they are eaten.Tree limbs are firewood.Beer bottles and pop cans last awhile.No refund.