Author Topic: Comunity map  (Read 5043 times)

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
on: November 26, 2010, 01:42:24 am
Thought I post here that the comunity map is now working, where you at? I'm in northern Arkansas.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 01:49:59 pm by r80rt »
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 05:08:58 am
I'm a little north of the Space Needle.  Eamon is north and east of me here in town.
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

Lahti35

• Currently Enfield-less!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • The Department of Redundancy Deptartment.
Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 02:59:31 pm
Its like watching a Chia pet grow...a little more green every day.......
'03 Ex-Electric start 500....gone but not forgotten...

I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 03:08:44 pm
Yeah, it'll be nice to have a rough idea of were everybody lives.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 03:25:10 pm
western ky.. Paducah.. put my sticker up..think it shows me living in the ohio river

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 03:39:24 pm
Hehe yeah mine is within 10 miles or so :D
Iron Butt Association

Royal Rider

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 02:17:08 am
Pretty neat feature.  Don't expect we'll be having a group breakfast ride anytime soon, though!  ::)
2004 Bullet Sixty5
(RE)Livin' the Dream!

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 03:41:26 pm
Langkawi national  park, north of Malacca straits, just south of the Thai border with Malaysia, 25 miles off shore of Kedah.
I would never be a member of a cub that would have me as a member

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 03:09:33 am
I'm not quite as remote as Clamp. Chatham Ma. still part of the U.S. last time I checked.  ERC   ::)
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 05:18:14 am
Langkawi national  park, north of Malacca straits, just south of the Thai border with Malaysia, 25 miles off shore of Kedah.
Next time I'm near there, I'll stop in.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 02:11:33 pm
Holiday destination , duty free, and an ornithologists dream with white sand beaches and beer cheaper than cocola.

Monkeys,  snakes--  Cobras usually and giant Toucans.
 Duty free shopping full of chocolate cigars wines and liquers.

Google it.

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 03:16:38 pm
I'm close to you ERC up here in Chelsea, and you are a few town's away from my brother.  However, I'd prefer to be closer to Clamp.  Um... geographically.  I did Google it.  Looks like a great place to jump in with the mask and fins.
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

j byrd

• Scooter
Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 06:28:33 pm
Just moved from Alabama to Hawaii a couple of months ago. The gal at the DMV told me I had the only Enfield registered on the island !! Warm, sunny, happy, NO MORE WINTERS !!!!  Rode to a toys for tots event yesterday, it was 83 and sunny, the Enfield drew quite a bit of positive attention. Lovin' life !!  John
j byrd

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: November 29, 2010, 07:01:38 pm
Must be a perfect place to ride, glad to see you on the map too, it gets more  green dots every day.
Iron Butt Association

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: November 29, 2010, 10:15:20 pm
Which island, j byrd?
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

j byrd

• Scooter
Reply #15 on: November 29, 2010, 11:18:00 pm
r80rt, it is in fact a really great place to ride, the only multi-lane roads are either passing lanes going up-slope, or in the city like Kona or Hilo. And, the speeds are generally rather leisurely. The highest speed limit sign I encounter on my travels is 45, but I don't need to go far or fast for anything, ha !

boggy, I am on the big island of Hawaii, but everybody just calls it the big island.  By the way, I bragged about the weather and riding, so now the rascal won't idle or run except with the choke on, so off to the technical forum section for me !  John
j byrd

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 03:02:05 am
OoOoO  :o ... wouldn't be the first strange thing to happen on the Big Island!  Watch your step, be nice to Madame Pele, and your Enfield problems should sort themselves out!

Big Island is beautiful.  Bet the ride up country is fantastic.  Lucky-you-live-Hawaii.
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: December 04, 2010, 02:43:14 am
We get a few more on the map every day, I like that.
Iron Butt Association

hocko

• Grease Monkey
Reply #18 on: December 05, 2010, 10:54:43 am
Bowen, Queensland, Australia, top of the Whitsundays (Google it  :D )

Cheers all

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #19 on: December 05, 2010, 06:21:47 pm
Bowen, Queensland, Australia, top of the Whitsundays (Google it  :D )

Cheers all

Beautiful place but where's your pin Hocko? And if you are from there we'll need some pics of your bike with some of that gorgeous scenery behind it. Would give us something to dream about till spring!
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: December 06, 2010, 06:48:19 am
I think its good for you septice to learn geography this way, good idea.

In the light of recent media reports American Septics are behind other countries in geographical locations,-- not knowing for instance where they are at war.

This simple stick the tail on the donkey game is a help full learning tool.

I did give my location some time back but it is not yet on the map --I guess the location of Malacca straits was bit difficult for you ,  I did  give this some thought when I said it so uncluded 20 miles offshore of kedah,    Hmmm still not enough I included Malaysia,--near Australia any good?.

Oh never mind I stuck it on myself.

RBHoge

• Old Bill
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #21 on: December 06, 2010, 03:59:52 pm
I live two miles South of the geographic center of Tennessee. Blessed with beautiful long summers, we only had our first frost last week! There are numerous lakes, natural and "man made. The mountains are just to the east and north of here.  Hunting, Fishing, Flying Radio Control Model Airplanes, and Sailing are my chief pastimes (when I am not riding my Royal Enfield.) It is a grand place to live.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 04:42:38 pm by RBHoge »
1972 Honda CB 450 Rufus, Murdered
1978 Triumph T-140 E, Sadly gone
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe Iron head, " Old Bill"
1971 Honda CB-100,"Kikuchiyo"-traded
O Day 20 Sailboat "Tempus Fugative"
1992 Mazda Miata "Lady Murisaki"250,00miles!
Too many Toys, what else is retirement for?

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: December 06, 2010, 04:18:49 pm
I've been through there a time or two, nice country.
Iron Butt Association

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: December 06, 2010, 04:56:34 pm
I think its good for you septice to learn geography this way, good idea.

In the light of recent media reports American Septics are behind other countries in geographical locations,-- not knowing for instance where they are at war.

This simple stick the tail on the donkey game is a help full learning tool.

I did give my location some time back but it is not yet on the map --I guess the location of Malacca straits was bit difficult for you ,  I did  give this some thought when I said it so uncluded 20 miles offshore of kedah,    Hmmm still not enough I included Malaysia,--near Australia any good?.

Oh never mind I stuck it on myself.
I tried.  I used the google map to try and zoom in on your location.
 I think your boat is too small.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: December 06, 2010, 05:18:31 pm
Clamp: Couldnt u be a mate and send us a pic or two of your location and yourself..Inquiring minds want to know...cheers
Oh Magoo you done it again

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: December 07, 2010, 12:32:47 am
Ok, Clamp, is it the lsle of Yan, Yan, Yan or Yan just off shore from Kedah?

By the way, it appears closer to Thailand, much closer, than Australia.

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: December 07, 2010, 02:48:24 pm
Im going there tomorrow, no kidding 4 am,-- infact Im going to bed after I write this. It takes 12 hours to drive through Bangkok and all the full length of Thailand to Satun where I stay the night and catch the ferry in the morning, 1400km in one hit in my Mazda deisel pick up.

I leave it in the car park for months, sometimes a flat battery when I return but some guys will give me a push, rats sakes all sorts live under the hood / bonnet.

The ferrry accross to Langkawi  takes 50 minutes, The yacht club is next to the ferry terminal, google earth it. My boat is the cat on the outside dock near the sea wall, E 45, about 5 berths up from the end.

Visitors are denied access so don't come and see me, I don't do fishing charters.

Vixen is a 44 foot Ventura  power cat 2x 250Hp yanmar  6lp's, 1.5 tons of fuel. 25 knots surface drives, and semi displacement hulls.

Seawindcats, com

I don't take it out much, but some time  we anchor up in the mangrove swamps of Kampung kilim for a few days, snakes lizards fire flies n Arab tourists etc etc. We get cockles off the beach and cook then up.  Flat calm like a mirror, start the gen and sit on the aft deck drinking cold beer,watch a bit of Tv  until bed time 8PM.

Will be back Feb for the big bike show, but I got wifi on the boat so you wont notice anything.

Oh forgot , thats where I keep the RE,--in the car park ,--well thats where I left it.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 02:50:42 pm by clamp »

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: December 07, 2010, 05:15:47 pm
Yes, well I had to download Earth, but I saw you there .... scratching yourself, I think.

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #28 on: December 07, 2010, 08:11:00 pm
Hang out in  Langkawi? Well, I have thought of it. But what would I do ?

Walking the beach wearing a speedo with a beer in my hand really doesn't appeal to me. It doesn't take much imagination or creativity to do it.

I already eat the best fish in the world. You should try a Halibut Taco.....outta this world man.

So what is the high light of your day? Is it bar hopping ? Is it eyeballing your cute cleaning lady?  Is it deciding what time to go eat breakfast?

I bet the locals don't like Brits anymore than Americans .Its really about being self serving, its it?

I suspect you've been duped into believing that's life. None of it forfilling or rewarding.

No thanks.

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #29 on: December 08, 2010, 05:13:08 pm
South east Michigan,about 20 miles N.W. of Pontiac.
Robert & REnfield freezing to death. ;D

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #30 on: December 09, 2010, 07:59:47 am
Highlight of the day? probably dusk the most beautiful, probably with beer in hand.

Retire inside and watch Charlie Rose or National geographic,--you would'nt like it --you need an open mind.

Maintenance is high,-- tomorrow I have to remove one of the fridges and change the thermostat and I have brought with me 2 new senders for the fresh water tanks with a new guage as I have to replace the crap "Centroid" American crap.   They would not post a new one to me as they dont post under 1000 dollar order yet admitted that it was an internal fault. So I replaced both senders and the guage  with KUS-- a chinese company for half the price of one of the American crap senders.

Stbd engine needs a new oil pressure sender unit for the bridge clocks so Ille cycle down to town to get one  ( again american senders from 'Faria' marine guages.

In the afternoon I go hashing   "Hash House Harriers"  Google it.  I am the Grand Master.

Ive just started up the RE that was OK after arriving Oh 3 hours ago.

I don't have a pair of speedos or have I ever walked on the beach.

The boat needs a  wash. takes 2 days for a good job and there will be the fridge to fit back in etc etc.

Boats arriving leaving --rope handling help needed etc etc.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #31 on: December 09, 2010, 02:04:05 pm
so in other words u go for a jog with a bunch of like minded people.
Oh Magoo you done it again

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: December 10, 2010, 01:03:08 am
If you did google Hash then you will have read that the only thing we have in common is a desire to consume vast quantities of beer --after jogging.

Many nationalities --even septics.

Im feeling a little uncomfortable about talking about this. Some one suggested some were interested, Im not sure.

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #33 on: December 10, 2010, 08:54:09 pm
If you did google Hash then you will have read that the only thing we have in common is a desire to consume vast quantities of beer --after jogging.

Many nationalities --even septics.

Im feeling a little uncomfortable about talking about this. Some one suggested some were interested, Im not sure.
Jogging takes too much time away from consuming vast quantities of Bier, I therefore disqualify myself from joining, please don't ask me any more. Hick......up!  ::)