Author Topic: Reconcstruction of EFI Engine in Spain !  (Read 7005 times)

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
on: November 25, 2010, 09:33:07 pm
This man in Spain is perhaps RE dealer or something like that.  He has a few videos on youtube on RE motorcycles.  The newest one is on EFI engine - the video shows reconstruction of a new engine.  The video is very short and jumps quickly but nontheless interesting to look at some of the details -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeRJCwdOiKg
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 09:40:56 pm
Cool, Thanks.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 04:09:17 pm
CMW has the video training that we send to the dealers for sale .... it features yours truly doing a complete disassembly and explanation of the engine - and a pretty good rundown of the EFI and its diagnosis and repair. It is intended for the experienced technician - but there is a lot to gain from watching it even if you never intend to wrench on your bike.
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 04:17:41 pm
How can I view this cinematic masterpiece?
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 04:52:18 pm
CMW has the video training that we send to the dealers for sale .... it features yours truly doing a complete disassembly and explanation of the engine - and a pretty good rundown of the EFI and its diagnosis and repair. It is intended for the experienced technician - but there is a lot to gain from watching it even if you never intend to wrench on your bike.
  What  the .........?  Come on Cuz, don't be holding out on us. Don't be like the kid on the block with all the playboys, and won't share them with the rest of us !!
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 07:12:29 pm
How can I view this cinematic masterpiece?

Well - you COULD sign up to be a dealer ....... or call in and ask for the set of DVD's! I have to be honest, though - I have NO IDEA on the price ..... just the incredible production quality!! Hahaha!  ;)

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 08:09:41 pm
 Alright what do you say Dan, "r80rtgashouse Royal Enfield Emporium" ?  ::) :D

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 08:45:07 pm
I'm in!
Iron Butt Association

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 11:36:45 pm
You know ..... The very best dealers are rabid fans of the bikes ....  ;) I had one of the engineers from India tell me that the RE was like my mistress - I'd do ANYTHING for "her" - and "she" could do no wrong in my eyes .... and there is LOT of truth to that. I had a ball as a dealer .....  ;D

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 12:46:43 am
I used to make pretty good money wrenching on bikes, almost opened up a shop. But I realized I'd have no time to ride while keeping every one else up on two wheels :D
Iron Butt Association

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 02:38:53 am
I used to make pretty good money wrenching on bikes, almost opened up a shop. But I realized I'd have no time to ride while keeping every one else up on two wheels :D

Good point - but I ALWAYS made the time to ride something - even if it was the "long way" to the bank or post office. The "Gone Ridin'" sign was hung in the window from time to time as well if the day was glorious and the work was done. Talk about your incentive program! Heeheehee!  ;)

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 02:48:09 am
Motorcycle technology passed me by while I was working on the old stuff, when I finally looked up and discovered how far behind I was, I had no desire to catch up. I still get greasy now and then, I put a clutch in a '78 shovelhead last week and I'm looking at a '50 BSA B33 that needs some TLC. Now I do it for fun if I feel like it,  and ride when I want to, not a bad way to go.  ;D
Iron Butt Association

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 05:52:34 am
 Alright I hear ya r80rt, I'll spend most of the time in the garage, you can do the test riding, customer schmoozing and keeping our classic Bike inventory in order. But you gotta work Saturday mornings!  :D
  Seriously though, sometimes it is a toss up on what is more fun, ride'in or work'in on them. A little nut's I guess.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: November 27, 2010, 03:07:50 pm
I love working on the old ones, Luckily my C5 is simple enough for me to understand :D
Iron Butt Association

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #14 on: November 27, 2010, 03:22:03 pm
I'm with BOTH of you - on all counts!  ;)