Author Topic: Clamp  (Read 20235 times)

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
on: November 11, 2010, 09:49:10 pm
Aw come on guys. You just don't understand dry British humor.  ;D  You guys jump all over him, but treat others with kid gloves.
Yeah, he likes to stir things up, and makes it interesting.  :o
Funniest thing I ever read on here: Larry from Tonga showed a picture of the King of Tonga, dressed in a crisp uniform, with lots of medals like a General from a major war. Clamp was surprised because he expected a fat guy in a grass skirt with a bone through his nose. My computer keys still stick from the mouthful Pepsi I spit all over it. It was especially funny...because I was thinking the same thing.  ::)

He asked for alternatives in dealing with the neighborhood pets. No one offered alternatives, just jumped on him.
 Maybe he comes across wrong, or maybe I am weird too, but I am a Clamp fan. But then, maybe I am weird...I like Uncle Ernie too. :D
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 09:54:39 pm
I like him too. Like Rodney King said, Cant we all just get along..
Oh Magoo you done it again

redcat

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 10:00:09 pm
Clamp is an asset to the forum he is our resident anarchist/ rodeo clown. I liked his remark about travel. "you have to go South till the butter melts".
Watch out for the guy behind the guy in front of you

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 11:07:25 pm
He makes me laugh, I never ever take him serious.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 02:19:39 am by r80rt »
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Lahti35

• Currently Enfield-less!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • The Department of Redundancy Deptartment.
Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 11:12:22 pm
Just think if there were no Clamp, a world with no Clamp would be a downright dull place. Clampless is no way to go :D

Awaiting the next Clampism in temperature dropping Michigan..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jrJ5mcCshw&feature=related

« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 11:14:49 pm by Lahti35 »
'03 Ex-Electric start 500....gone but not forgotten...

I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

Rick O'Shea

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 12:31:53 am
Long live clamp,(holds my carburetor on)! By the way, I AM with him 100 percent on the snooty biker issue. I don't care if it's held together with baling wire and duct tape it's the persons scoot, don't dis it.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 01:56:41 am by Rick O'Shea »
REA member #161 was riding a 2004 Sixty-5. Now riding a 2022 Interceptor

Sam Simons

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 01:46:35 am
"You guys jump all over him, but treat others with kid gloves."- Give one example regarding me doing specifically that,BRW.......good luck.
MotoJ correctly called him out on what he was attempting to do,and a hell of a lot of you were explaining yourselves to him during his Tst Tst Americans post; not all of you
found that amusing,I know......

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 02:54:37 am
Sam,
I haven't read the "Tsk, tsk..." thread, and didn't understand why you were being defensive. I was referring to the "I don't like people" thread, but for the most part I didn't remember the names of most of the posters. I re read the thread and saw your recent post. A little over the top, I think.
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 03:08:52 am
The only way Clamp would bother me would be to find out that he is not a Brit and that he does not have an Enfield.Was not long ago we were missing him when he was ignoring us.Now,he is back and things seem rite again.

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 03:52:49 am
i got no problem with Clamp..  i got no problem with anyone...  we are all just here for awhile... 
it would be nice if all of us could meet each other and say howdy..  just imagine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q0Eyw3l3XM

in the meantime I started to ride the RE to work this AM and the front tire was flat.. sure hope I didn't pick up a roofing nail somewhere

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 05:37:11 am
The only way Clamp would bother me would be to find out that he is not a Brit and that he does not have an Enfield.Was not long ago we were missing him when he was ignoring us.Now,he is back and things seem rite again.
Maybe he's a 14 year old computer geek  from Omaha Nebraska parating information learned from the India RE page......It could happen.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

RBHoge

• Old Bill
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 10:20:17 am

I find our dear Bro. Cramp to be a simi-interesting humeroid, when he is not doing his damnedest to be insulting.

Miss him? Heck NO ! (not if he were in range anyway.)  It would be interesting to see a picture of him, I imagine him as a  "...fat guy in a grass skirt with a bone through his nose,..." wearing a knit toboggan cap.
1972 Honda CB 450 Rufus, Murdered
1978 Triumph T-140 E, Sadly gone
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe Iron head, " Old Bill"
1971 Honda CB-100,"Kikuchiyo"-traded
O Day 20 Sailboat "Tempus Fugative"
1992 Mazda Miata "Lady Murisaki"250,00miles!
Too many Toys, what else is retirement for?

Sam Simons

• Grease Monkey
Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 02:30:29 pm
"A little over the top, I think."
Think whatever you wish...
The Campfire 'arena' allows provokers and  also allows
responders. Clamp excels as a shit starter,if you're somehow unaware of that.
 His antics are cheap entertainment for a few of you,but certainly not everyone
on this list. His shit gets old to some of us.
"...not long ago we were missing him when he was ignoring us.Now,he is back and things seem rite again."
 Define 'we'-how many of you were missing him? While you're explaining that,single, go ahead and  tell me how his' presence' makes things "seem rite'' again......What 'element' is missing that only Clamp can supply? Well?
"i got no problem with anyone..." Really,scotty? Including the person that was the basis for your "I don't like people" post? Better rethink the 'anyone' term again.

"...Miss him?......(not if he were in range anyway.)" LOL-good one,RBH.....

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 03:19:45 pm
What do you think RBH, your bells should be ringing here, mine are --we have a lunatic on our hands.

In another topic Sam said Im only alive because I am not his neighbor,--thats a death threat isnt it?

Mr Simonds --I am a very fair man and I am in no way worried or even disturbed by your irrational ramblings even though they are on the verge of illegal.

I suggest you get yourself together -sober up and make some adjustment to your postings.

Every one but you is having a jolly good ole chat and we manage to stay friends, and as Scotty said it would be nice if we could all meet up for a beer.   I suppose it would  as long as you did'nt come.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 02:13:41 am by clamp »
I would never be a member of a cub that would have me as a member

bigweasel

• Scooter
  • the scythe that cuts the grain
Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 10:11:56 pm
"A little over the top, I think."
Think whatever you wish...
The Campfire 'arena' allows provokers and  also allows
responders. Clamp excels as a shit starter,if you're somehow unaware of that.
 His antics are cheap entertainment for a few of you,but certainly not everyone
on this list. His shit gets old to some of us.
"...not long ago we were missing him when he was ignoring us.Now,he is back and things seem rite again."
 Define 'we'-how many of you were missing him? While you're explaining that,single, go ahead and  tell me how his' presence' makes things "seem rite'' again......What 'element' is missing that only Clamp can supply? Well?
"i got no problem with anyone..." Really,scotty? Including the person that was the basis for your "I don't like people" post? Better rethink the 'anyone' term again.

"...Miss him?......(not if he were in range anyway.)" LOL-good one,RBH.....

hey, it is obvious that clamp is a shit stirrer, and those of us who want to play along, do. if you don't like it then don't participate, you are sounding like a kid who lost a game on the playground and now is grumpy with his feelings hurt. there is only one place on this fourm for even semi incindary language and communication and nineteen places where everything is very clean and on the up and up. 
this place is even clearly marked as 'anything and everything' so, again, if you can't keep up, or just don't like it, stay away. i do not think anyone wants to hear you trying to unwad your underwear. and sam you, too can relax a bit, or just look away if you don't like what you see. i personally find alot of what i read in the campfire section offensive, and i can manage to either respond to the posters about the specificity of their posts, not just bitching that "i don't like this person", or i just stop following the thread. but while we are at it, it was a really douche move, that is to say, below the belt to hit scotty about his dead pet thread. and really, is it that funny to yuck it up about killing a man because you don't like what he has said?that  is the same kind of progressive thinking that has been employed by not only all the fascist regimes of the past, but is also the mindset of the extremist  regimes that our children are fighting and dying to help exterminate in afghanistan and iraq. really classy
"come to kindly terms with your ass, for it bears you"

redcat

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 10:48:08 pm
Well said Bigw I have always found that people who refer to firearms as was done above, are the people who know the least about them.

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: November 13, 2010, 05:13:15 am
hey, it is obvious that clamp is a shit stirrer, and those of us who want to play along, do. if you don't like it then don't participate, you are sounding like a kid who lost a game on the playground and now is grumpy with his feelings hurt. there is only one place on this fourm for even semi incindary language and communication and nineteen places where everything is very clean and on the up and up. 
this place is even clearly marked as 'anything and everything' so, again, if you can't keep up, or just don't like it, stay away. i do not think anyone wants to hear you trying to unwad your underwear. and sam you, too can relax a bit, or just look away if you don't like what you see. i personally find alot of what i read in the campfire section offensive, and i can manage to either respond to the posters about the specificity of their posts, not just bitching that "i don't like this person", or i just stop following the thread. but while we are at it, it was a really douche move, that is to say, below the belt to hit scotty about his dead pet thread. and really, is it that funny to yuck it up about killing a man because you don't like what he has said?that  is the same kind of progressive thinking that has been employed by not only all the fascist regimes of the past, but is also the mindset of the extremist  regimes that our children are fighting and dying to help exterminate in afghanistan and iraq. really classy
Assertiveness and kindness, my hats off to you Sir!

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: November 13, 2010, 05:20:47 am
Aw come on guys. You just don't understand dry British humor.  ;D  You guys jump all over him, but treat others with kid gloves.
Yeah, he likes to stir things up, and makes it interesting.  :o
Funniest thing I ever read on here: Larry from Tonga showed a picture of the King of Tonga, dressed in a crisp uniform, with lots of medals like a General from a major war. Clamp was surprised because he expected a fat guy in a grass skirt with a bone through his nose. My computer keys still stick from the mouthful Pepsi I spit all over it. It was especially funny...because I was thinking the same thing.  ::)

He asked for alternatives in dealing with the neighborhood pets. No one offered alternatives, just jumped on him.
 Maybe he comes across wrong, or maybe I am weird too, but I am a Clamp fan. But then, maybe I am weird...I like Uncle Ernie too. :D

Soo? Your saying your Clamp's Huckleberry.

Sam Simons

• Grease Monkey
Reply #18 on: November 13, 2010, 07:12:12 am
"Keeping up" with you,Weasel,or anyone else here will never be a problem....Reread my comments, -I challenged ScoTTy because he contradicted himself-see if you're able to figure that out by yourself......
My comment to Clamp wasn't exclusive to just him.....He 'asked' for advice,but also spoke of poisoning the neighbors animals- such acts have gotten the perpetrator severely beaten,jailed and shot in one instance.....rightfully so.
"stay away" ?? You stay away,and  spare us your 'overview' of the matter.
"this place is even clearly marked as 'anything and everything'....no shit. Consequently
there shouldn't be any self appointed referees/spokespersons like you.
I'll be sure to read Clamps future posts,and monitor all responses to his taunts to
ensure that no one is upset or angry.......

We can continue this discussion as long as anyone wishes,boys,but from this point forward,it will be in the form of 1 on 1 PM's.......
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 12:57:56 pm by Sam Simons »

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: November 13, 2010, 07:52:22 am
Easy there now fellers. Lets just taker at a slow bell ; now hear?
Not being a reffer- ree, but a good citizen.

Allow me to point out the thread: "Emergency Board Meeting". It was designed just for this kinda thang.

Be sure and vote, I think it will help some.

Carry on gentlemen.

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Reply #20 on: November 13, 2010, 03:43:04 pm
Leave old Clampy alone - trolls got rights too y'know..... ;)
Who's going to chuck the firework into the fire otherwise and prod us out of slumber? (don't look at me.....I know what some of you are thinkin..... ;D(
Gotta tell you though Clamp - I'm an englishman but I do have a great fondness for the Colt 45 Peacemaker (buntline special).......to my eye a beautiful bit of engineering. Don't mean you've got to shoot your neighbour.
Got two rats last night though with my .22. Look at the size of this bugger -

« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 06:09:34 pm by WillW »
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: November 13, 2010, 04:02:55 pm
Was it wearing a saddle?
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: November 13, 2010, 04:17:05 pm
 :D  it ate the saddle along with the horse!

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: November 13, 2010, 08:07:33 pm
It's big enough for me to believe you :D
Iron Butt Association

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: November 13, 2010, 11:39:16 pm
good gosh..  reminds me of those size rats when I was up in NYC during the garbage strike so long ago :o

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: November 14, 2010, 01:17:58 am
 Geez Will, what the hell is that ? Rudolph the red nosed Rat?
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: November 14, 2010, 08:44:51 am
There's plenty of em up in the barn. We're looking for someone with lasso skills so we can catch em live and train up a team for hauling trailers. Offset the price of diesel. I'm told they don't taste too bad, but I'll have to be mighty hungry before I go that route...... :-X
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 09:12:44 am by WillW »

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: November 14, 2010, 01:02:45 pm
Yes they make a fine meal along with snake but not that type of rat.

We ---normally don't eat things that eat meat, --dogs cats etc but that is not a world wide thought. Cambodia and Vietnam, eat dogs, even road kill if your quick enough.

I eat fried locust in the street bars --Takatarn as they are called  1 dollar will get you a hand full with vinegar as well. Dont eat the legs --they have barbs on them that stick in your throat.

The bug lady has  all sorts of stuff on her cart,  maggots and frogs yum yum.

Oh --taste ?--smoky bacon crisps.

Royal Rider

• Scooter
Reply #28 on: November 14, 2010, 02:07:33 pm
 :o your took that thing on with a .22??  :o

You, my man, have courage. 
2004 Bullet Sixty5
(RE)Livin' the Dream!

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #29 on: November 14, 2010, 03:11:46 pm
There's plenty of em up in the barn. We're looking for someone with lasso skills so we can catch em live and train up a team for hauling trailers. Offset the price of diesel. I'm told they don't taste too bad, but I'll have to be mighty hungry before I go that route...... :-X
Ever eat a squirrel or rabbit? Rodents is rodents.

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #30 on: November 14, 2010, 03:48:39 pm
Yeah I know, and I've caught and eaten rabbits aplenty, but I'm squeamish about rats. Irrational I know.

Clamp - my dad used to tell me tales about his days in the air force in Africa, when the local guys would squabble over the locusts caught in the engine grills when the planes landed. Yum....

BUT I don't wanna eat insects either......   :P
Maybe after the apocalypse when there's bugger-all else   -  we'll see......
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 03:55:35 pm by WillW »

RBHoge

• Old Bill
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #31 on: November 15, 2010, 01:08:58 am
What do you think RBH, your bells should be ringing here, mine are --we have a lunatic on our hands.

In another topic he said Im only alive because I am not his neighbor,--thats a death threat isnt it?

Cramp,

I never made any threat on your life.  Your statement is a contemptable lie.   You have obviously confused me with someone who acually knows you.

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: November 15, 2010, 02:17:48 am
Cramp,

I never made any threat on your life.  Your statement is a contemptable lie.   You have obviously confused me with someone who acually knows you.

What the f--     Hoge I have altered the post so it reads better .You may be able to understand it now.  Geeeezuz

But in your failing twilight years your memory is not as strong as it used to be and im glad you brought it up.

Was it not you who replied to "would you mis him"?-- your reply was 'hell no ,not if I was with in range'.

If we were to be in a court of law either side of the pond you would have difficulty in claiming  Innocence of my murder.

With your experience of being in court guilty of  deliberately smashing peoples windscreens ( and probably other stuff)  you should know a bit about it.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 02:37:31 am by clamp »

RBHoge

• Old Bill
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #33 on: November 15, 2010, 07:47:22 am

What the f--     Hoge I have altered the post so it reads better .You may be able to understand it now.  Geeeezuz

But in your failing twilight years your memory is not as strong as it used to be and im glad you brought it up.

If we were to be in a court of law either side of the pond you would have difficulty in claiming  Innocence of my murder.

I know damn well what I wrote... In another thread you accused another fellow of wanting to kill you if only you were his neighbour. 

You "Altered the post..."  Hardly qualifies for evidence on any side of any pond.
B.T.W. I think that you belong in the bottom of the pond with the rest of the scum.

'Innocence of [your] murder," if you are truly speaking of your murder in the past tense... Sorry I missed it.

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: November 15, 2010, 08:53:43 am
I altered one word from him to Sam so you would not think I was accusing you --but your still too damn thick to see it.

As for calling me scum, Ive never called you names and I never will ,---I coud'nt possibly act so juvenile.

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #35 on: November 15, 2010, 09:05:50 am
I feel Im not alone in being threatened by very silly people --mentally retarded or not.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2003-11-04-death-threat-guilty_x.htm

I dont have to tolerate your childish threats --"If I was in range" RB Hoge or "your alive only because your not my neighbour" Sam Simonds.

RBHoge

• Old Bill
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #36 on: November 15, 2010, 11:32:11 am
I feel Im not alone in being threatened by very silly people --mentally retarded or not.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2003-11-04-death-threat-guilty_x.htm

I dont have to tolerate your childish threats --"If I was in range" RB Hoge or "your alive only because your not my neighbour" Sam Simonds.

I have never threatened you.  You are far to insignificant a pest to warrant  a threat much less direct action. I regret feeding your ego to such a  degree that you believed you were worth that much effort.

redcat

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #37 on: November 15, 2010, 12:14:44 pm
you two are shoveling shit against the tide

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #38 on: November 15, 2010, 02:16:34 pm
reminds me of a time when we were younger and we would settle this with the steel trash can lids and some type of sword like weapon...Those trash can lids sure took a beaten...un guard...
Oh Magoo you done it again

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #39 on: November 15, 2010, 03:51:27 pm
This is all very entertaining.Just the thing to boost me out to the garage and dive in on the body filler.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #40 on: November 15, 2010, 08:10:01 pm
Argument....boring..........losing...............consciousness................
Iron Butt Association

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #41 on: November 16, 2010, 02:10:11 am
I just need to ask .....Clamp, Mr Hoge.

As RE owners( or wanna be owner) it is your privilege to vote in the Emergency Board meeting. Please choose your vote wisely.

Gentel Ladies and men, ...Carry On!

RBHoge

• Old Bill
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #42 on: November 16, 2010, 02:24:05 pm
REPozer,
I already voted.  ;D When will we see the results of the poll?  And no I would not wish to take Cramp hunting.  I do not believe that I would trust him with hunting equipment.  He might hurt himself.  ::)

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #43 on: November 16, 2010, 02:41:41 pm
Yes I agree,I would be a bit nervous holding Hogs best blunder bus with 4 inch nails in it. Heaven forbid I might get so nervous I would trip and blow the balls of something nearby, --a pig maybe.

Ouch I bet that would hurt.

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #44 on: November 17, 2010, 01:03:42 am
REPozer,
When will we see the results of the poll?  And no I would not wish to take Cramp hunting.  I do not believe that I would trust him with hunting equipment.  He might hurt himself.  ::)

You can see the results after you vote.
 As off now, You are in the lead (and Sam) for taking Clamp on a snipe hunting trip.

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #45 on: November 17, 2010, 03:03:02 am
Quote from: REpozer
You can see the results after you vote.
 As off now, You are in the lead (and Sam) for taking Clamp on a snipe hunting trip.
[/quote

If you can see the results after you vote then he didnt vote as he said he did.

An untruthful policeman,--thats like lying is'nt it.

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #46 on: November 17, 2010, 06:32:13 am
If you can see the results after you vote then he didnt vote as he said he did.

An untruthful policeman,--thats like lying is'nt it.
Given the brevity of the situation, and the requirement for impartiality.

It would appear that Agent Hoge is walking a fine line and has not yet voted. But I have no way of knowing for certain.

As for you Clamp , unless you vote, I would suggest you brush up on your snipe hunting skills, even though some Enfielders have pleaded mercy on your behalf and have committed to pray for you.

The polls end December 12. Good Luck,....and Carry On!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 06:35:12 am by REpozer »

RBHoge

• Old Bill
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #47 on: November 17, 2010, 10:21:04 am
Given the brevity of the situation, and the requirement for impartiality.

It would appear that Agent Hoge is walking a fine line and has not yet voted. But I have no way of knowing for certain.

As for you Clamp , unless you vote, I would suggest you brush up on your snipe hunting skills, even though some Enfielders have pleaded mercy on your behalf and have committed to pray for you.

The polls end December 12. Good Luck,....and Carry On!

Actually, I voted to pray for, (not prey on) Cramp.

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #48 on: November 18, 2010, 02:05:57 am
Actually, I voted to pray for, (not prey on) Cramp.
You Sir, are an Officer and a Gentleman. ;)

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #49 on: November 18, 2010, 03:00:46 am
You Sir, are an Officer and a Gentleman. ;)

No--hes a retired officer, and the gentleman bit?   ----well hes trying,--very trying.

A Chameleon   would be a more accurate description more like.

Prey for me,--not necessary, no thanks. Any way If some one wants to prey for me then I think they should concern themselves with there own misguided beliefs.

Thats like giving a homeless person 5 dollars and him saying as he tipped his hat that he would prey for my financial success.

A few posts back he called me scum and he has expressed a desire,-- joking or not that he would like to shoot me down and kill me.

An officer and a gentleman-- do you mean a socially unbalanced dangerous lunatic.

I tell ya all i've known a few retired policemen with no more fuel with which to fire there superiority complex that now manifests itself as a control freak  yet with no power but his own delusions by  dreams and memories.

If USA were to have a competition and advertise "The cleverest man in the world " Hog face would be the first to put his name down.

Dealing with idiots most of his life has left him thinking he is superior. He thinks we are all criminals,  yes you--

Hey--- Ive not been in court for smashing a guys windscreen!!  nothing like.

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #50 on: November 18, 2010, 03:59:36 am
I’ve known a few cops. Seen a few bad ones too. I’ve never been one. They see the worst of humanity, crime, accidents,  a load of stupidity,and then get a load of crap from inside politics. Yes many cops have a jaded view of the “masses”.

Now prayer.
 Some folks use them loosely, some never do pray when they say they will, others don’t understand at all.
To pray for someone is not an act of charity equal to giving pocket change to a street beggar.
To really pray for someone would be to ask the Creator to intervene and use His wisdom to make an outcome not possible otherwise.

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #51 on: November 18, 2010, 06:43:00 am
Sorry Pozer you and I live in different planets.

Ok you've done it,--I was going to click post but I hesitated and well look whats happened now!!

A what?-- a  creator?--- a creator of what?  the earth,  Ever heard of the big bang and proof of it.   Theres a moon right there looking in your face where did that come from if not a big bang,  read some books.

na na leave it at that you really don't wanna get me going on this.

Keep your security blanket and believe what you want  sorry for you.

Nope hesitated again,, do you know what death is like?  you should do you have been there, yes think about it, There are two stages in life ,--life and death no more-- either one or the other.

Before you were born you were dead,--all those years through the big bang the dinasour age, the stone age and the civil revolution, YOU were dead and thats where you going when you leave.

Why would you think yourself so important to go anywhere else like a heaven with flowers and lakes with ducks in it.

We all die and are nothing,-- ashes to ashes dust to dust, ants flies and dogs.

Im gonna click post now

« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 06:48:01 am by clamp »

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #52 on: November 18, 2010, 07:35:20 am
Please don't get angry at me. Talk to God about it.

I wasn't around that long ago.Big bang is a theory, so is creation.

I used to believe in the big bang,kinda like Santa Claus. But it turns out to be its own religion and not science.  I wasn't around then nor was anybody I know around to witness bang or creation.

Clamp sorry this kinds stuff bothers you. We all have choice sto make.
 I wish( I could pray) what ever is bothering you will be cleared up.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 07:37:56 am by REpozer »

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #53 on: November 18, 2010, 04:27:54 pm
I wasn't around that long ago.Big bang is a theory, so is creation.

I used to believe in the big bang,kinda like Santa Claus. But it turns out to be its own religion and not science.  I wasn't around then nor was anybody I know around to witness bang or creation.

???   ???   :o   :o 

Clamp, you can't argue with stuff like this!  (well, you can, but you'll go crazy)

Eamon

p.s. The world is flat and the sun revolves around the Earth!
Eamon

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #54 on: November 18, 2010, 04:42:57 pm
Pozer I think your a nice guy, I don't mean offence to you but I cant understand you or anyone else believing in father christmas or the tooth fairy which has far far more logical credibility then a creator or if your afraid of the word--- GOD.

The big bang is not a theory it is a fact.

I have given this some thought before writing this and I know not of one British citizen who believes in god yet every Us citizen that I know does.

Is not US the most war wielding gun owning murderess WESTERN  country  on earth?  the most violent with massive population  in prison?

Eamon --- heard  you and understood  ;)

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #55 on: November 18, 2010, 05:17:59 pm
We all have the ability to research anything we wish from our computer.

I;ll spare you the long winded,well articulated reasoning behind many facts that prove the bang to be a false religion.

You remind me of the Englishmen  John Newton( 1725-1807)Scoffer of God, slave trader. Someone must have prayed for John Newton, he didn't stay that way.

bigweasel

• Scooter
Reply #56 on: November 18, 2010, 05:34:09 pm

I have given this some thought before writing this and I know not of one British citizen who believes in god yet every Us citizen that I know does.

i assume yer just continuing yer shit stirring, but 70ish % of british citizens claim to be christains, and your native kingdom has 4 national churches. i am most likely just as tired of american christain hypocritical rhetoric as you are, but it is mostly just a very vocal minority. there are plenty of non believers, as well as many who simply practice their faith, and do not wield it as a weapon of righteousness.

let it be stated that i am not a christain by any stretch of the imagination; however, unless one takes a true literalist interpretation of the christain bible, could not faith and science stand together? if one believes in the all powerful christain god, why not give him/it credit for the majesty and amazing complexity of the big bang and evolutionary processes?

GreenForce82

• Frank The TECH
  • Grease Monkey
  • The Dude Abides
Reply #57 on: November 18, 2010, 06:10:49 pm
Truth be told... About 4 billion years ago I had a bad burrito and had the shits for like a million years or so and the galaxy is my toilet...

Hows that for ya clamp!

There is about as much PROVABLE fact in there as there is in either of the other theories... But then again, anything that helps people be NICER to each other is alright in my book!

I wish people didn't need a "book of rules" (Tull) to tell them be nice to each other...

"Counted his friends in burned-out spark plugs
and prays that he always will.

But he's the last of the blue blood greaser boys all of his mates are doing time:

Married with three kids up by the ring road
sold their souls straight down the line.

mbevo1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Mike and Stumpy
Reply #58 on: November 18, 2010, 06:38:29 pm

I just happen to believe that something lit the fuse...

Nobody else has to agree... :)

Mike and Stumpy in Michigan
'07 Classic - Stumpy
'10 C5 Military - Sherman

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #59 on: November 18, 2010, 06:53:59 pm
I'm a confirmed Agnostic Buddhist and you are all wrong, Merlin told me so.
Iron Butt Association

bigweasel

• Scooter
Reply #60 on: November 18, 2010, 08:33:42 pm
I'm a confirmed Agnostic Buddhist and you are all wrong, Merlin told me so.

i didn't want to break out the " i know merlin" card.... but since you brought it up: that's what he told me too, he was my roommate in college. i knew him way back when, but  that's because i was born on mars, before the dinosaurs arrived.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #61 on: November 18, 2010, 09:44:09 pm
I'm usually not a name dropper, but in this instance I needed the credibility.
Iron Butt Association

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #62 on: November 19, 2010, 03:38:15 am
Truth be told... About 4 billion years ago I had a bad burrito and had the shits for like a million years or so and the galaxy is my toilet...

Hows that for ya clamp!

There is about as much PROVABLE fact in there as there is in either of the other theories... But then again, anything that helps people be NICER to each other is alright in my book!

I wish people didn't need a "book of rules" (Tull) to tell them be nice to each other...

Provable fact!!!!!!!!   well you were there,!!- you just said so your were dead nothing zilch thats where your going --nothing zilch.

I am a Christian I have to have a religious catagory to put on my Christian birth certificate.  I went to Christ church primary school and Holy Trinity secondary school. What all that teaching told me with hypocritical teachers was that it is all bullshit, and more to the point impossible.

Big bangs happen all the time I was actually privileged once to see a super nova in the sky late one night whilst pissing in the bushes --I saw it.

Focusing on a teeny star if flashed,---- bang it was not there any more.   I SAW A SUPER NOVA.

They happen all the time but the chances that you will see one with the naked eye are tremendous.  And I have much clearer skies than you have ever seen.

If god made Adam what happened to his off spring when God killed everyone on it but Noah and his family.   bullshit!!

Every one shouts   FACTS  but the bible written 2500 years ago and translated many times by many sometimes unkown people has to be taken with faith.

If something good happens Oh its a miracle --if something bad happens --Oh god works in mysterious ways ,--what crap.

If you cross the road carelessly you will be killed, your dumb genes are taken from the gene pool for being dumb. Your wife who was smart enough to not be with you is shagged by your best mate who was also smart enough to not cross with you.  

Your wife has a smart baby ( not yours ) and a new smarter family continues.

That is evolution and is how we are here and how we continue as long as we don't embrace  dangerous genetic disorders such as mongolism or dwarfism .

The white man is 20,000 years old he came from the mutation of a black.  No not the Garden of eden with talking snakes --thats for kiddies and people who are afraid of death.

Its all a massive joke a made up story like TV or for when people sit around a camp fire.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 03:45:02 am by clamp »

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #63 on: November 19, 2010, 03:55:17 am
What happened to the "click post"?

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #64 on: November 19, 2010, 04:21:53 am

Theory or fact, it is interesting that it was proposed by a Catholic priest.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lema%C3%AEtre
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

RBHoge

• Old Bill
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #65 on: November 23, 2010, 01:50:20 pm
Perhaps this departure from the thread should truly be addressed to an astronomy site.  Then again when I consider the initial subject of this thread I find no surprise in where it may end up.  ;D

I have difficulty understanding  all of the "Big Bang Theory".  I do understand how a star might collapse and create a "Black Hole", with mass and resulting gravity so great that not even light may escape its grip.  Then to postulate that the entire universe was collapsed into such a small and infinitely massive "singularity" containing all matter (likely including a Black Hole or three) which then exploded outward.

It seems to me that There is a contradiction in these two ideas. ???

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #66 on: November 23, 2010, 02:40:38 pm
Light can not indeed escape a black hole leaving the obvious conclusion that light has mas, but it does not.

Its difficult to comprehend the size of the universe, but if you picked up the smallest grain of sand to suggest Earth the end of our solar system would be 6 miles away but the outer universe as we know it would be near Mars.

Its difficult for us to understand this size.  Even I with my souperior massive brane can not do it.

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #67 on: November 23, 2010, 05:13:18 pm
Light can not indeed escape a black hole leaving the obvious conclusion that light has mas, but it does not.

Its difficult to comprehend the size of the universe, but if you picked up the smallest grain of sand to suggest Earth the end of our solar system would be 6 miles away but the outer universe as we know it would be near Mars.

Its difficult for us to understand this size.  Even I with my souperior massive brane can not do it.

Yes randomness is incomprehensible. Its also a mathematical impossibility for any amount of big bangs to create anything but a mess, let alone explode itself. It takes blind faith to believe in the fairy tale big bang. True science proves it as dribble.

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #68 on: November 23, 2010, 06:19:01 pm
Yes randomness is incomprehensible. Its also a mathematical impossibility for any amount of big bangs to create anything but a mess, let alone explode itself. It takes blind faith to believe in the fairy tale big bang. True science proves it as dribble.

Sorry Repozer, but you must be reading some comic book science.  There is much that science does not yet know about the big bang, but there are HUGE amounts of evidence now that it in fact happened.  The mathematics are strong, as well as observable evidence.  Call it fairy tales if you like, but the reality is still there.

Eamon
Eamon

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #69 on: November 23, 2010, 06:40:51 pm
Eamon, I don't have a problem with any " theory" . The theory becomes a problem when presented as a "fact" They the take on a political life of there own . We saw this in WWII. "
The "big bang" requires so much faith, that it has become its own religion.

I do aspire to "Intelligent Design".  Strong evidence supports life with a purpose and design. Again its a "theory" .

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #70 on: November 23, 2010, 08:01:01 pm
Eamon, I don't have a problem with any " theory" . The theory becomes a problem when presented as a "fact" They the take on a political life of there own . We saw this in WWII. "
The "big bang" requires so much faith, that it has become its own religion.

I do aspire to "Intelligent Design".  Strong evidence supports life with a purpose and design. Again its a "theory" .

Well, we're not going to change each other's minds over this, and I fail to see the point of your WWII analogy, but no skin off my back.  Big bang require little faith, since it clearly defines the difference between what there is quantifiable evidence for and what is unknown still.  Intelligent design has no evidence one way or the other and is untestable.  It is therefore a belief system, not a scientific theory in any way shape or form.  For all any of us know, there may be an intelligent designer.  It is simply not the realm of science since it cannot be tested.

But back to the original point, this place wouldn't be the same without Clamp!   :P

Eamon
Eamon

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #71 on: November 23, 2010, 08:08:43 pm

Glenn Beck will agree with you. Even Mrs. Palin ................

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #72 on: November 23, 2010, 08:44:39 pm
Where did the stuff come from to make a big bang?
How does a random act create life?

If an explosion accrued in a junk yard, would it create a Royal Enfeild Motorcycle?

How about 10,000 years of junk yard explotions? Would you be able to create a running motorcycle? Add in some sea water...they say that helps.

A motorcycle has a creator and purpose.Evidence supports it.

The big  bang is just as silly as the Junk Yard analogy, Yes, big bang is a faith based belief system. I used to believe it myself.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #73 on: November 23, 2010, 09:09:16 pm
Once again you are all wrong, just ask Merlin.
Iron Butt Association

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #74 on: November 23, 2010, 10:45:00 pm

If an explosion accrued in a junk yard, would it create a Royal Enfeild Motorcycle?

How about 10,000 years of junk yard explotions? Would you be able to create a running motorcycle? Add in some sea water...they say that helps.

The big  bang is just as silly as the Junk Yard analogy, Yes, big bang is a faith based belief system. I used to believe it myself.

No Sir. It is fact, based on evidence. Ask my ex-girlfriends...... never mind.

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #75 on: November 23, 2010, 11:13:24 pm
Once again you are all wrong, just ask Merlin.

@r80rt:

You are right on.  Checked with Merlin, said "It is all in your head - never heard a bang, nor God whisper in my ear."   :D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 11:18:14 pm by singhg5 »
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #76 on: November 24, 2010, 01:08:28 am

Well, obviously this is not just about the Big Bang theory, but also denial of evolution as well.  Your arguments prove you know little about either.  Fan of the Discovery Institute perhaps?

Anyway, enough of this.  I want to have a talk with the "intelligent designer" of my broken sprag clutch!  It went Big Bang!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Eamon
Eamon

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #77 on: November 24, 2010, 02:15:42 am
I do not care for the Big Bang theory.I am worried about the part where everything reaches it's limit-what then? Snap back,that's what.Maybe.Like a bungee cord."nuther Big Bang,probly.

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #78 on: November 24, 2010, 02:54:12 am
We dont know all the answers but the big bang did happen . Its shock waves can still be measured. Dust orbited anything else from gravitational forces and clusters form, them big lumps and then planets of all sizes and orbits.

The Earth has a moon many have moons, some have many, they are clumps that did not mix in, moon rock is the same as Earth.

Just shortly --(billions) the Earth was hit by another planet called 'Thea' that knocked the shit out of Earth and destroyed itself. The Earth being young was molten and just survived.

This started the Earth spinning but faster then than now and the moon was 10,000 miles away --a huge monster in the sky.

When water came to the planet on particles of dust, small meteorites etc--(yes enough to flood the Earth) the tidal wave from the gravity of the close moon resulted in a tidal wave flowing round the earth at 1000 feet high and over 1000 miles per hour depending on orbit speed of the moon then.

This is why sea shells can be found up in the highest of places.

Water, the base of life was abundant.  Throw a bucket of soapy water on the floor and mold will grow --mold is life.

Whats the alternative -- god made heaven and Earth in 6 days and had the 7th off.  Theres was no days!!   ha ha oh its so stupid  a day is a rotation of the planet --but he did'nt have one yet. If it takes 7 days to build Earth he would still be building the universe and still be in our solar system. --err ille go with the big bang.

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #79 on: November 24, 2010, 03:14:43 am
Well, obviously this is not just about the Big Bang theory, but also denial of evolution as well.  Your arguments prove you know little about either.  Fan of the Discovery Institute perhaps?

Anyway, enough of this.  I want to have a talk with the "intelligent designer" of my broken sprag clutch!  It went Big Bang!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Eamon
Correct!  Big bang, and evolution  theories are tightly woven together
 We could also discus how these philosophies prey on weaker humans when "survival of the fittest"kind of thinking influences an evil dictator.( that was kinda a teaser for later)

I think you are correct on your/mine sprag. There is no 'Intelligent design" with it. I think it was a result of a random junk yard explotion.It seems to have no real purpose and many questions of its existence.

Happy Thanksgiving !    

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #80 on: November 24, 2010, 03:32:46 am
Well, it was created one way or another, I won't pretend to know more than that.
Iron Butt Association

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #81 on: November 24, 2010, 03:40:27 am
  Just shortly --(billions) the Earth was hit by another planet called 'Thea' that knocked the shit out of Earth and destroyed itself. The Earth being young was molten and just survived.

This started the Earth spinning but faster then than now and the moon was 10,000 miles away --a huge monster in the sky.

When water came to the planet on particles of dust, small meteorites etc--(yes enough to flood the Earth) the tidal wave from the gravity of the close moon resulted in a tidal wave flowing round the earth at 1000 feet high and over 1000 miles per hour depending on orbit speed of the moon then.

This is why sea shells can be found up in the highest of places.

Water, the base of life was abundant.  Throw a bucket of soapy water on the floor and mold will grow --mold is life.

Humm, all of this random too. Just give it enough time to evolve right? Maybe a million, no a billion years...Okay!

I'm going back to my junkyard. This time we will collect all the worlds junk/scrape yards.   Make it collide and mix for ... 5 billion years.... Tadaa, a new Boeing 747 has evolved sitting on the run way with all engines running - Does this sound beleivable ? We gave it all the time in the world. Why couln't this happen?

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #82 on: November 24, 2010, 03:58:31 am
747 is a product of human technical evolution from the 60's; I would hope that your mix of junkyard scrap would collide and evolve into something new, like an 848.
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #83 on: November 24, 2010, 04:03:47 am
Really,  does any of this matter... Bristol Palin just came in third on DWTS,  now that is something to talk about..... ;D
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #84 on: November 24, 2010, 04:08:22 am
Really,  does any of this matter... Bristol Palin just came in third on DWTS,  now that is something to talk about..... ;D

Divine intervention!
2003 Classic 500 5 spd

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #85 on: November 24, 2010, 04:24:20 am
747 is a product of human technical evolution from the 60's; I would hope that your mix of junkyard scrap would collide and evolve into something new, like an 848.

Speaking of technical evolution from the '60's, seeing your Davie Allan avatar made me think of the best technical development of the 60's... the guitar fuzzbox!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgCTVtF70K8

Eamon
Eamon

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #86 on: November 24, 2010, 05:59:31 am
Speaking of technical evolution from the '60's, seeing your Davie Allan avatar made me think of the best technical development of the 60's... the guitar fuzzbox!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgCTVtF70K8

Eamon

You can find a couple of their albums at Sundazed Records. Great music, great era!

Fuzz Master

www.youtube.com/watch?v=em_G4B8oHMw&feature=related

Music evolution = Surf music, thanks to Link, Dick & Davie.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 05:16:10 pm by Blltrdr »
2003 Classic 500 5 spd

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #87 on: November 24, 2010, 03:08:27 pm
Any body else,---else?

Is there any one out there  with a brain -brain -brain .

Theres is a terrible ecko ecko ecko  in here here here.

E=MC #

Nope no takers. time travelers or anything --nope --just dumb bikers, god bless em?

Ok --Lady Diana was an alien, and she came from planet Zong!!    yes?

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #88 on: November 24, 2010, 05:43:16 pm
Any body else,--

E=MC # 
Oh Einstein? He didn't believe in the big bang either.

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #89 on: November 24, 2010, 06:45:35 pm
Oh Einstein? He didn't believe in the big bang either.

Initially true, so he introduced the idea of a "cosmological constant" to try and fudge the math.  He also later abandoned that idea and said it was his biggest mistake.  It was a consequence of his own work that the Big Bang theory arose.

Eamon
Eamon

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #90 on: November 24, 2010, 06:51:46 pm
Find your place in the universe.

www.outreach.jach.hawaii.edu/birthstars/
2003 Classic 500 5 spd

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #91 on: November 25, 2010, 02:09:41 am
What about the infinity theory.

The theory is that if you hand an infinitesimal amount of monkeys one of them would write the entire contents of the bible.

And look what happened ---one did,  well it took a few.

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #92 on: November 25, 2010, 02:37:42 am
What about the infinity theory.

The theory is that if you hand an infinitesimal amount of monkeys one of them would write the entire contents of the bible.

And look what happened ---one did,  well it took a few.
You might be related to a monkey. But not me.
Remember the monkeys had design and purpose ,nothing random.

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #93 on: November 25, 2010, 03:09:52 am
Really? I didn't know that. Now I really wonder about you GarB.  ::)

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #94 on: November 25, 2010, 03:33:41 pm
You might be related to a monkey. But not me.

Your not related to a monkey?  are you sure?  you got hairy arm pits and hair round your balls and round your mouth --why do you think that is ??  errrm think about it.

A Chimpanzee has 99% of our genes  you can kick and scream all you like --monkey face.

First US citizen into space was a monkey,lovely little feller but was a bit tied and fatigued after the ordeal.

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #95 on: November 25, 2010, 06:42:48 pm
Clamp I was being a little tuff on you. Makes me feel bad.

Okay...you are NO monkeys uncle...there.

Happy Thanksgiving!