Author Topic: Clamp  (Read 20237 times)

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
on: November 11, 2010, 09:49:10 pm
Aw come on guys. You just don't understand dry British humor.  ;D  You guys jump all over him, but treat others with kid gloves.
Yeah, he likes to stir things up, and makes it interesting.  :o
Funniest thing I ever read on here: Larry from Tonga showed a picture of the King of Tonga, dressed in a crisp uniform, with lots of medals like a General from a major war. Clamp was surprised because he expected a fat guy in a grass skirt with a bone through his nose. My computer keys still stick from the mouthful Pepsi I spit all over it. It was especially funny...because I was thinking the same thing.  ::)

He asked for alternatives in dealing with the neighborhood pets. No one offered alternatives, just jumped on him.
 Maybe he comes across wrong, or maybe I am weird too, but I am a Clamp fan. But then, maybe I am weird...I like Uncle Ernie too. :D
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 09:54:39 pm
I like him too. Like Rodney King said, Cant we all just get along..
Oh Magoo you done it again

redcat

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 10:00:09 pm
Clamp is an asset to the forum he is our resident anarchist/ rodeo clown. I liked his remark about travel. "you have to go South till the butter melts".
Watch out for the guy behind the guy in front of you

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 11:07:25 pm
He makes me laugh, I never ever take him serious.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 02:19:39 am by r80rt »
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Lahti35

• Currently Enfield-less!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • The Department of Redundancy Deptartment.
Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 11:12:22 pm
Just think if there were no Clamp, a world with no Clamp would be a downright dull place. Clampless is no way to go :D

Awaiting the next Clampism in temperature dropping Michigan..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jrJ5mcCshw&feature=related

« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 11:14:49 pm by Lahti35 »
'03 Ex-Electric start 500....gone but not forgotten...

I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

Rick O'Shea

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 12:31:53 am
Long live clamp,(holds my carburetor on)! By the way, I AM with him 100 percent on the snooty biker issue. I don't care if it's held together with baling wire and duct tape it's the persons scoot, don't dis it.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 01:56:41 am by Rick O'Shea »
REA member #161 was riding a 2004 Sixty-5. Now riding a 2022 Interceptor

Sam Simons

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 01:46:35 am
"You guys jump all over him, but treat others with kid gloves."- Give one example regarding me doing specifically that,BRW.......good luck.
MotoJ correctly called him out on what he was attempting to do,and a hell of a lot of you were explaining yourselves to him during his Tst Tst Americans post; not all of you
found that amusing,I know......

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 02:54:37 am
Sam,
I haven't read the "Tsk, tsk..." thread, and didn't understand why you were being defensive. I was referring to the "I don't like people" thread, but for the most part I didn't remember the names of most of the posters. I re read the thread and saw your recent post. A little over the top, I think.
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 03:08:52 am
The only way Clamp would bother me would be to find out that he is not a Brit and that he does not have an Enfield.Was not long ago we were missing him when he was ignoring us.Now,he is back and things seem rite again.

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 03:52:49 am
i got no problem with Clamp..  i got no problem with anyone...  we are all just here for awhile... 
it would be nice if all of us could meet each other and say howdy..  just imagine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q0Eyw3l3XM

in the meantime I started to ride the RE to work this AM and the front tire was flat.. sure hope I didn't pick up a roofing nail somewhere

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 05:37:11 am
The only way Clamp would bother me would be to find out that he is not a Brit and that he does not have an Enfield.Was not long ago we were missing him when he was ignoring us.Now,he is back and things seem rite again.
Maybe he's a 14 year old computer geek  from Omaha Nebraska parating information learned from the India RE page......It could happen.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

RBHoge

• Old Bill
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 10:20:17 am

I find our dear Bro. Cramp to be a simi-interesting humeroid, when he is not doing his damnedest to be insulting.

Miss him? Heck NO ! (not if he were in range anyway.)  It would be interesting to see a picture of him, I imagine him as a  "...fat guy in a grass skirt with a bone through his nose,..." wearing a knit toboggan cap.
1972 Honda CB 450 Rufus, Murdered
1978 Triumph T-140 E, Sadly gone
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe Iron head, " Old Bill"
1971 Honda CB-100,"Kikuchiyo"-traded
O Day 20 Sailboat "Tempus Fugative"
1992 Mazda Miata "Lady Murisaki"250,00miles!
Too many Toys, what else is retirement for?

Sam Simons

• Grease Monkey
Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 02:30:29 pm
"A little over the top, I think."
Think whatever you wish...
The Campfire 'arena' allows provokers and  also allows
responders. Clamp excels as a shit starter,if you're somehow unaware of that.
 His antics are cheap entertainment for a few of you,but certainly not everyone
on this list. His shit gets old to some of us.
"...not long ago we were missing him when he was ignoring us.Now,he is back and things seem rite again."
 Define 'we'-how many of you were missing him? While you're explaining that,single, go ahead and  tell me how his' presence' makes things "seem rite'' again......What 'element' is missing that only Clamp can supply? Well?
"i got no problem with anyone..." Really,scotty? Including the person that was the basis for your "I don't like people" post? Better rethink the 'anyone' term again.

"...Miss him?......(not if he were in range anyway.)" LOL-good one,RBH.....

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 03:19:45 pm
What do you think RBH, your bells should be ringing here, mine are --we have a lunatic on our hands.

In another topic Sam said Im only alive because I am not his neighbor,--thats a death threat isnt it?

Mr Simonds --I am a very fair man and I am in no way worried or even disturbed by your irrational ramblings even though they are on the verge of illegal.

I suggest you get yourself together -sober up and make some adjustment to your postings.

Every one but you is having a jolly good ole chat and we manage to stay friends, and as Scotty said it would be nice if we could all meet up for a beer.   I suppose it would  as long as you did'nt come.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 02:13:41 am by clamp »
I would never be a member of a cub that would have me as a member

bigweasel

• Scooter
  • the scythe that cuts the grain
Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 10:11:56 pm
"A little over the top, I think."
Think whatever you wish...
The Campfire 'arena' allows provokers and  also allows
responders. Clamp excels as a shit starter,if you're somehow unaware of that.
 His antics are cheap entertainment for a few of you,but certainly not everyone
on this list. His shit gets old to some of us.
"...not long ago we were missing him when he was ignoring us.Now,he is back and things seem rite again."
 Define 'we'-how many of you were missing him? While you're explaining that,single, go ahead and  tell me how his' presence' makes things "seem rite'' again......What 'element' is missing that only Clamp can supply? Well?
"i got no problem with anyone..." Really,scotty? Including the person that was the basis for your "I don't like people" post? Better rethink the 'anyone' term again.

"...Miss him?......(not if he were in range anyway.)" LOL-good one,RBH.....

hey, it is obvious that clamp is a shit stirrer, and those of us who want to play along, do. if you don't like it then don't participate, you are sounding like a kid who lost a game on the playground and now is grumpy with his feelings hurt. there is only one place on this fourm for even semi incindary language and communication and nineteen places where everything is very clean and on the up and up. 
this place is even clearly marked as 'anything and everything' so, again, if you can't keep up, or just don't like it, stay away. i do not think anyone wants to hear you trying to unwad your underwear. and sam you, too can relax a bit, or just look away if you don't like what you see. i personally find alot of what i read in the campfire section offensive, and i can manage to either respond to the posters about the specificity of their posts, not just bitching that "i don't like this person", or i just stop following the thread. but while we are at it, it was a really douche move, that is to say, below the belt to hit scotty about his dead pet thread. and really, is it that funny to yuck it up about killing a man because you don't like what he has said?that  is the same kind of progressive thinking that has been employed by not only all the fascist regimes of the past, but is also the mindset of the extremist  regimes that our children are fighting and dying to help exterminate in afghanistan and iraq. really classy
"come to kindly terms with your ass, for it bears you"