Author Topic: Tst Tst Tst Americans.  (Read 31632 times)

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #30 on: November 05, 2010, 01:08:12 pm
  Im sorry I live in a tourist town,--its what I see every day.

::)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 02:24:08 am by r80rt »
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #31 on: November 05, 2010, 01:28:46 pm
  ...    No but seriously crying is bullshit and is not considered manly in uk or anywhere else for that matter which is why I brought the subject up,-- are you not embarrassed standing there  crying at 50 years old.   boo hoo I wanna lolly  Tst tst tst Americans.

It would seem from the face of it that it does not bother you, although I have made lite of it.  I guess its just another one of those American things we have to go along with --you know the green pants and red shirt with a camera round the neck spitting chewing tobacco--- oh and bursting into tears whilst telling the receptionist that the tea was late.   

This mixture of uncontrollable emotion with arrogance that Us citizens appear to conjure when abroad  leaves a very strange and difficult tourist. 

But hey,--Im sure you are aware of it!!!!!

Clamp, speaking of things we have to put up with, ...
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

HRAB

• I should really edit this
  • Grease Monkey
  • Been there, doin' more...God willing
Reply #32 on: November 05, 2010, 01:52:06 pm
Crying is psycologically linked to apologizing and bowing. And, It is contagious. We've all caught it from our "Pretender in Chief".

jim
BMWMOA www.bmwmoa.com
Iron Butt Association www.ironbutt.com/about/default.cfm
(Formerly) CRA# 118N www.cra-mn.com (I got smarter in old age)
74 Honda XL350 'Scoot'
81 Honda CB650C
86 Gold Wing with California Sidecar
00 Honda ST1100 'Large Marge'

Sam Simons

• Grease Monkey
Reply #33 on: November 05, 2010, 04:29:24 pm
Damn,you guys are easy.......well done,again,Clump!!

Oh well,he's not the only one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuw81WAHbfM

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Reply #34 on: November 05, 2010, 04:52:16 pm
Oh dear yes -  the Top Gear boys, Britain's premier knob-heads. You could've, and we'd have thanked you - but you let em just drive away.... 
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #35 on: November 05, 2010, 05:50:43 pm
Damn,you guys are easy.......well done,again,Clump!!

Oh well,he's not the only one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuw81WAHbfM

You mean all this time Clamp was just pulling our leg? So he really does like Americans.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #36 on: November 06, 2010, 12:29:17 am
No!No! Clamp is a "closet"crier.I used to be like that.Now I let it go whenever.Always feel better after.Women come over to comfort me,cop doesn't give me a citation,etc.

oldsalt

• Bulleteer
Reply #37 on: November 06, 2010, 03:15:04 am
Watch this space. He'll bite soon...... ;) :D

Yes, soon.  But not until the 6th of November.  Today, November 5th, is Guy Fawkes Day.  You know, the Catholic dude that in 1605 tried, and failed,  to blow up the House of Parliament.  They have the Church of England over there and don't really cotton to having any other religion cluttering up the landscape.  Except, of course, Muslims of both kinds. These, for some reason only known to Britishers, are welcomed in any numbers.  Sorry, I digress.  Anyways, Guy Fawkes Day in the last few years has become very popular with them 'stiff upper lip' islanders.  Seems that it is now generally recognized that Guy was an absolute expert in his handling of the bombing attempt in comparison to the Shoe Bomber and the Underpants Bomber that were sent from there to the US of A with bombs.  GB has really slipped in the last couple of centuries.  The last two mentioned bombers are the best that they could currently be produced in the British Isles.  A sad situation that they are working to rectify.  Nether one of them a Catholic, or even Church of Englandites, and both goofy looking and laughable bunglers.  It's enough to make a person steeped in the belief of British Superiority openly cry.  But, of course that can't EVER be done.     
-2006 Sixty-5
-1941 Knuckle
-Lotza Mini Bikes
-67 Triumph 500
-46 Hiawatha
-67 Triumph 650

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #38 on: November 06, 2010, 04:04:10 am
Interesting that you as American readily accept that emotion should be outward and no attempt should be necessary to curtail it so as to keep ones dignity.

Infact it would appear that you a warmed to such a person that freely expresses his emotion.

"Emotion '-- well lets see thats anger -sorrow-  or a complex phsycophysiological experience of an individuals state of mind interacting with biochemical and environmental situations leading to a person freely outwardly acting on his emotional state at that moment.

My question has to be that if this is to be encouraged and not taken control of should a person of this ilk carry a  hang gun so manufactured for the sole purpose of killing another human being.

Being a bad tourist could infact be encouraged by this feeling of safety in another country where some one as emotional as you are does not have the capability of blowing your head off.

tut tut tut Americans ,-- alas not many around at 29 baht to the dollar.

I would never be a member of a cub that would have me as a member

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #39 on: November 06, 2010, 04:11:21 am
carrying a hand gun to kill another... ???  I prefer the barbarian way ;D ;)

clubs at 20 paces..

whatcha U havN toNighT

I'm buyN

« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 04:14:03 am by scoTTy »

oldsalt

• Bulleteer
Reply #40 on: November 06, 2010, 05:09:37 am
carrying a hand gun to kill another... ???  I prefer the barbarian way ;D ;)

clubs at 20 paces..

whatcha U havN toNighT

I'm buyN

Scotty

Seems you also have picked up one of his most common touchstones; GUNS!  It always gets back to firearms, no matter the subject at hand, with this guy!  Did his mother, before he was born, get frightened by a gun?  Is it possibly a genetic thing that makes bombs OK but guns wrong?  [The last two bombers from GB sent to the US of A were the Shoe Bomber and the Undershorts Bomber...is there a trend here?]  But all in all I'm sorta at a lose as to why he keeps bringing up our Right  to Keep and Bear Arms.  Maybe, deeply in his ID, it greatly disturbs him that his government has decided that he and his compatriots be stripped of the right a very long time ago.  Simple 'Transference' perhaps?  Inwardly his tears are held, tears brought on by his his inability to own such a simple device as a gun, and this may have caused him to hate tears in others that can and do own guns?  Especially AMERICANS that have tons of really fine firearms?  The pic is one of mine.  Its a AR-50.  Fires a .50 Browning Machine Gun round.  I truly hope the sight of such a common sight, on this side of the pond, does not cause him to relapse.  Maybe this is a poor choice for showing one of my firearms because this one REALLY was designed and built as a United States military sniper rifle exclusively for shooting foreign people that ripely deserve it.   
-2006 Sixty-5
-1941 Knuckle
-Lotza Mini Bikes
-67 Triumph 500
-46 Hiawatha
-67 Triumph 650

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #41 on: November 06, 2010, 01:42:54 pm
Your taking this much too seriously, Salty. If you just don't like Clamp, don't read him. Your falling into his trap every time.

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #42 on: November 06, 2010, 01:53:30 pm
Say,Old Salt,that is a great piece.I am able to target shoot here in my backyard but can't afford the ammo.Things are gettin' slowly better tho'.It is enuff to make a grown man cry,well,some grown men,the way things are going these days.Pretty neat that Enfield has a gun connection in the company's history,ain't it?I suppose it must seem kinda weird to folks from more repressed countries,our fascination with firearms.And,insult to injury,nuthin' seems to be happening to change it.I guess it shows that there are still more freedom loving Americans than anti-gun crybabies.

Bullet.wagon

• Grease Monkey
Reply #43 on: November 06, 2010, 01:56:29 pm
 Once again It's Clamps rational for not visiting America.The missus wants to go ,you know.
2005 RE Military
2000 RE 350

redcat

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #44 on: November 06, 2010, 03:01:29 pm
I gotta tell ya Clampy, the last time I cried was in London near Covent Garden when I had to pay almost nine pounds for two cups of coffee and two scones. It was a very emotional moment.
Watch out for the guy behind the guy in front of you