Author Topic: '55 Trailblazer for sale  (Read 5292 times)

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #15 on: December 27, 2013, 10:55:51 pm
He might not even know his ad is on Blasco's site.
I think Dave runs a search on the various States CraigsList and links the ad's he finds to his site.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: December 28, 2013, 12:29:24 am
He might not even know his ad is on Blasco's site.
I think Dave runs a search on the various States CraigsList and links the ad's he finds to his site.

I didn't realize David did that.  If the owner didn't post it on there he definitely needs to take a look and have a wake up call.
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Bumboo

• Scooter
Reply #17 on: December 28, 2013, 12:41:46 am
From a guy who's restored dozens of m/cycles (no REs but many early Euro and Japanese) I think you need to decide:  are you a "process" guy or a "product" guy?   I'm, fundamentally, a process guy that enjoys the project as much, even more, than the final product.  I don't think I've ever restored a bike that I couldn't buy restored for less than or just a little more than it cost me to do it.  Figure time and they're all upside down in cost vs. value!  With age I'm becoming more of product guy where I'm buying more bikes that are intact and roadworthy or restored such that I'm only adding my own finishing touches.  Mortality thoughts lead me to want to ride more and restore less.  A lot of folks who are not "process" oriented, however, buy a project bike because they don't have or want to spend the $ to get a road ready specimen.  They assume they'll restore them as time and money allows.  These often lie dormant in the garage never finished. You've got to love the PROCESS to see a project through.  If you're not sure what you are....start small with something inexpensive like a moped, scooter, radio wagon.  See it to completion and then you'll know without putting big bucks at risk.         

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 02:03:52 pm
Blasco puts every RE for sale that he can find and puts them on his site to show a broad range of RE's.  ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
Reply #19 on: December 29, 2013, 05:18:17 am
pictures taken in a hotel parking lot in the back of a truck??
   If I wasn't local I'd consider this to be
    a craigslist scam.
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: December 29, 2013, 02:08:42 pm
pictures taken in a hotel parking lot in the back of a truck??
   If I wasn't local I'd consider this to be
    a craigslist scam.

Maybe.  Or he just finished detailing it and was taking it to a show to display it for sale.  Who knows these days.  If it is a scammer, he sure had an eclectic list of other cars for sale, some of which aren't very desirable.

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Reply #21 on: January 07, 2014, 05:37:16 am
You guys don't relise how lucky you are :P

Enfield here and few and far between (Iron barrel) and only really 350s pop up but all going for 6K plus, in poor condition!
I'd love to get a Iron barrel and Fireball it but I can't even find a suitable bike for it!
Lizzy - 07 500 Deluxe ES - Red and chrome - Sold.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: January 07, 2014, 01:17:49 pm

Enfield here and few and far between (Iron barrel) and only really 350s pop up but all going for 6K plus, in poor condition!
I'd love to get a Iron barrel and Fireball it but I can't even find a suitable bike for it!

Yeah, well you get to swim with sea turtles and sharks.  I on the other hand have never even seen the ocean, let alone played in it.   :(

flyboy

• Bulleteer
  • Keepin the shiney side up
Reply #23 on: January 07, 2014, 08:10:57 pm
Wait Scottie...don't you live in CO? Why would you ever want to play in the ocean, when you have those majestic mountains and endless scenic rides? Oh, and the recent legalization! Right on CO!!

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #24 on: January 07, 2014, 08:18:40 pm

Exactly my thoughts. And as for the '55, there is one fact I'm sure of, "They are not making any more of them". Someone will buy that bike.
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.