Author Topic: Enfield people nice?  (Read 2030 times)

donatelos

• Scooter
on: October 30, 2010, 07:21:34 pm
Thought that may grab your attention lol,So to the point,was out on the Strom this afternoon and pulled over at a well known bike shop and lo an behold what was beside me but a pair of EFI Dl's with two elderly gent's as owners so naturally as I'm still waiting for my classic to be delivered I got straight into the nitty gritty of ownership ,maintenance ,or should that be the almost lack of maintenance needed,anyroad these guy's who it turned out had a host of Brit iron each  including various Enfield bullets and  gave me a great insight to the running in ,care of the EFI  etc as they say a picture is worth a hundred words  and to be shown around the bike by  a owner is allways going to be informative and I must say just about all they said was identical to what I.ve read on this site particulary what Vince said about the carefull running in so to conclude are Enfield people nice? methink that's a big YEP.Don
life is not a rehersal  theres no second chance  so don't hurt anyone  and follow your dreams

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 10:42:29 pm
Yup pretty much.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
  • It takes a villiage to raise an idiot.....
Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 01:41:26 am
Seems as though we all play nice.   :)
Any other Enfields in New England?

donatelos

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 03:13:19 am
well yes sir   your riight Enfield peole play nice  an thats comming from a newbe to this site maybe cus us old beggers  we done  the nonsense or because the younger element with sense realise that doing 50-60  or so around the back roads on a bike that handles is actually more fun and skillfull than  a blat up the motorway ay 160, Told a guy who was bonging his gums about how fast he went on the straight  from Paris  to basically Nice  that he had actually missed the flavour  of touring and  and the love being on a motorcycle .dont get me wrong  the gentleman I'm repliying to got his head screwed on right,There is nothing in this world better than a warm late night ride over to pastures  greener ( europe if you want,ya welcome to stay here  with Don)Allways remember this aint a   rehersal  this is the deal live it now an dont regret  later ' cus  who know's Don
life is not a rehersal  theres no second chance  so don't hurt anyone  and follow your dreams

mikail gransee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 12:45:02 am
I deff got to agree  :D....and those who can't handle the
EnField life..soon sell out.    8) like right now I am going through the pains of fixing what the previous owners' misstakes.   >:(
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 12:47:50 am by mikail gransee »
-"ONCE YOU STOP CONTRIBUTING, YOU BEGIN TO DIE",   -ELENOR ROOSEVELT

1999 Enfield Bullet
1977 Yamaha xs360 TD
1978 Yamaha xs 400 D
2005 Yamaha YZF 600R
2007 Honda CBR 1000RR