Author Topic: another new owner  (Read 3322 times)

exmayor

• Scooter
on: January 24, 2008, 01:26:09 am
Just bought an '06 Electra with a rocket sidecar on ebay.  We are currently in Savannah and will pick it uo when we return to Wisconsin in the Spring.  Really looking forward to driving the sidecar.  The forum is very helpful.  Owned a '66 Triumph 500 for 15 years so shoulden't be too many suprises with the Enfield.

'06 Electra w/Rocket sidecar (Green)
'02 Ducati Monster 620 (Dark)

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 01:49:53 am
Welcome aboard! Was it a Triumph Daytona you had (or did that come a few years later)? Sounds like a fun ride with the sidecar, you'll have to post some photos up in the gallery to share with us. What color is the new ride?

Matt

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 02:48:09 am
super.. a sidecar...  say heY ;D

exmayor

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 01:28:48 pm
The Triumph was a T100SC Jackpine Special (Triumph's enduro/off road bike of the time. trials tires, alloy mud guards and a single high pipe)  The RE and sidecar are green.  The seller is storing it until we return to Wisconsin in mid April.  Will post pictures then.

Rick
'06 Electra w/Rocket sidecar (Green)
'02 Ducati Monster 620 (Dark)

TRider

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 01:55:31 pm
Hey exmayor and welcome to this forum.  Yes, this forum can be very helpful and also fun.  By the way I love Savannah and the Midway to the coast area.  They can keep Hinesville.  You actually gave me a call concerning purchasing my 07 Enfield Electra I listed on Ebay.  I am glad you found the motorcycle you wanted.  Well, as you probably know my Electra didn't sell.  I wanted to sell it and I didn't want to sell it.  I had some pressure from myself and my wife to sell it since I recently bought another scooter and am picking up a Vespa GTS250 this Sat.  Since you have my phone number, don't call my wife and tell her, but I am elated that my Electra didn't sell.  Happy, very happy.  After riding it last night for a few miles, I am more than happy.  When I stopped to fill up with gas a couple of guys at the station went ape over my bike.  I like attention very much.  A real showoff.
Again, a great big welcome to you.
Terry

PS:  you will discover that I personally don't have anything of a serious mechanical nature to add to this forum.   

Just bought an '06 Electra with a rocket sidecar on ebay.  We are currently in Savannah and will pick it uo when we return to Wisconsin in the Spring.  Really looking forward to driving the sidecar.  The forum is very helpful.  Owned a '66 Triumph 500 for 15 years so shoulden't be too many suprises with the Enfield.

[/quote]

deejay

Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 02:03:57 pm

Congrats!

LJRead

Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 11:54:36 pm

Sure is a beautiful old barn you have there, exmayor.  Is that down Savannah way or up in Wisconsin?  It even looks nice without your new rig in front, but think how nice it will be with the rig there beside the barn.  I live down in the South Pacific so this forum is my link to home, with a great family present.  Always glad for another family member!  Good luck with the new bike.

I just bought one on Ebay as well.  Now I've got to keep my eyes front, center, but off the Ebay auctions.  Too much temptation there!

Larry