Author Topic: new bike,new member  (Read 7471 times)

donatelos

• Scooter
Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 12:44:58 am
Well once again thanks all for good advice ,I firmly beleive regular oil changes with a quality oil is the answer to any bike's longevity be it jap ,brit, italian or whatever and was thinking of a change once arriving home so glad to hear am on right tracks ,dealer said he supply me with full service kit to take home once I pick bike up,there's a lot of misconception here in the UK that doing your own servicing  at home nullifies the warranty ,not so ,you just have to be seen to be competent and follow the manufaturer's guide lines to stay within the letter of the law should a claim occur but I guess a lot of dealers don't want that as common knowledge . So you guy's reckon there's no big problem riding home as long as a sedate pace with breaks taken regular. Roll on spring when me an the (unnamed yet) can blat  around Germany and Switzerland with my little tent on the back ,you guy's got one heck of a country to tour but really I must tell you  you owe it to yourself to do the back roads of Europe and taste the sight's ,sound's and smell s of differen't culture's  and what better way to do it than by motocycle,magick.Don
life is not a rehersal  theres no second chance  so don't hurt anyone  and follow your dreams

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 02:47:32 am
Welcome aboard and congrats on you new bike.

Many smiles per gallon to you  ;)
No matter where you go, there, you are.

kiamarider

• Amazin
  • Scooter
Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 05:10:57 am
must be something in the beer I also had not ridden a bike for 41 years (previously was in UK- Now in Australia). After riding one of those little scooter things at Cairns i remembered what a kick it was.  I bought a black C5 2 days before Christmas, but it was an early 60th birthday presssy for June2010. Now 10 months on and 4,000K still having a ball. Every weekend i do a 60-100km ride and engine seems to get sweeter and sweeter. Sweet as  at 110km with 130kg on board- no vibration. Generally run 80-100km depending on road.My roads are generally country back roads, a little like Ireland- stone walls- dairy area etc.- lots of hills too.
enjoy
Peter

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
  • It takes a villiage to raise an idiot.....
Reply #18 on: October 23, 2010, 11:58:59 pm
Welcome and enjoy.  Stay in touch with us as you bond with your new love!
Any other Enfields in New England?

Maturin

• Grand Gearhead
  • My Precious
Reply #19 on: October 24, 2010, 12:03:13 pm
Roll on spring when me an the (unnamed yet) can blat  around Germany and Switzerland with my little tent on the back ,you guy's got one heck of a country to tour but really I must tell you  you owe it to yourself to do the back roads of Europe and taste the sight's ,sound's and smell s of differen't culture's  and what better way to do it than by motocycle,magick.Don
My words, Don, couldn´t have said that in a better way. Welcome to the Royal Family!
2010 G5
A Garage without a Bullet is a empty, barren hole.

When acellerating the tears of emotion must flow off horizontally to the ears.
Walter Röhrl

billy2sheds

• Scooter
Reply #20 on: October 24, 2010, 07:50:38 pm
welcome to the best UCE RE forum on the net,as singhg5 said 60 is the new 40,
  although i feel 60 after a good ride. ;D

donatelos

• Scooter
Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 05:06:11 pm
Hi all,had a chat to my dealer today and he seems happy with the pic's of my breva I sent him  and is willing to truck the Enfield to me for £i50 so may very well take Vince;s advice and do that  thereby taking it easier on break in period ,did really want to ride it home and spend the money on a pillion pad but all in good time I guess, will also wait to put  some decent mileage  on it before the giant sausage on the side goes for a more pleasing and rortier can goes on .Lord I can see this is going to be a expensive love affair allready but think I might have more fun riding this than something else that  took all my money and half my house.Don
life is not a rehersal  theres no second chance  so don't hurt anyone  and follow your dreams

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 05:14:56 pm
Good idea with the break in. The first 50 miles are the most crucial. You may want to change your first oil around the 50 mile mark. That is where all the metal shavings come out.

The C5 come pretty loaded. You can spend as much money on it, but me thinks, a fly screen and silencer is all you may need.

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: October 27, 2010, 05:17:16 pm
Hi all,

had a chat to my dealer today and he is willing to truck the Enfield to me for £i50 so may very well take Vince;s advice.

I might have more fun riding this than something else that  took all my money and half my house.Don

Good decison that your dealer will deliver the bike to you - it is worth it.  You can go through the break-in procedure at your own pace.  It won't cost you half the house, though RE does like TLC and occasional treat  :D.
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #24 on: October 27, 2010, 05:25:50 pm
Good decision!  Ask the dealer if he had the oil changed on the RE before he delivered it to you.  Here in the USA, the dealers are suggested to do that.  If so, you won't have to worry about it until 300 miles.  If not, do it earlier.

I didn't have very much bad stuff, including magnetic shavings on the two plugs, when I did the 300 mile oil change.  The 750 mile change (I was anal this time) found even less "stuff". 

Enjoy and keep the wrist from twisting too much for a while.   ;D
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.