Author Topic: C5 conical air filter  (Read 12296 times)

SSR

• Grease Monkey
Reply #30 on: January 03, 2011, 08:36:22 pm
There is one filter which would fit in OEM filters place is K&N E0900. Its a bit wider then stock and you have to use the filter plate from CI bullets filter assembly.

nigelogston@gmail.com

• Bulleteer
Reply #31 on: March 13, 2011, 11:29:02 am
Agent X    Sorry I have no idea.
Scot    Thanks for your reply   I got away from this thread for a few weeks and didn't get back to it until today.   Some life happened in between I guess.    Just a thought about the plastic air box sealing upgrades.  It seems to me that someone earlier suggested this might fix the poor sealing of the air filter endplates itsetlf:  I don't think this would be the case.  It would only stop outside air from getting sucked direct from the higes to the intake manifold.  Air slipping though under the rubber seals on the air filter unit would still happen if the sscrew down didn't tighten and seal.   Regarding the larger diameter (3 1/2 or 3 5/8) fillters , would another metal plate under the stock plate on the same mounting screw 9which might have to be longer ) fit and work?   .  Or what about getting the "lid" meant for the larger  filter unit (whatever machine it was meant for)  So long as the centre hole is the same size, a larger diameter lid to seal to the free end of the filter should work perfectly  and if they make the filter that size, someone must be making the lid.   Is there a rubber washer sealing the centre screw that holds the filter lid in place?  Nigel

SSR

• Grease Monkey
Reply #32 on: March 13, 2011, 11:45:31 am
@Nigel- have a look at this thread for some answers to your questions. I have posted some pics of the dust cover and the filter plate. http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,9617.msg110694.html#msg110694

With the new filter cover you can not fit any filter bigger then OEM and there is no rubber seal on centre bolt.

You can fit a bigger filter from CI bullets(don't know what these versions were called out there) and use their centre bigger filter plate but then you can not fit the new filter cover.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 11:52:18 am by SSR »

nigelogston@gmail.com

• Bulleteer
Reply #33 on: March 13, 2011, 02:47:16 pm
Thanks for that SSR       I actually got hee by mistake having followed a link for the K & N fiilter testing thread, so if you want to see what prompted my questions, check there.  Thanks, Nigel

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #34 on: March 13, 2011, 02:58:17 pm
If enough of us e-mail K&N asking for a proper size filter, they just might start producing one, I did my part.  ;)     tech@knfilters.com
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 05:06:30 pm by r80rt »
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association