Author Topic: New C5 upgrades by RE  (Read 15366 times)

SSR

• Grease Monkey
Reply #60 on: August 19, 2011, 06:19:08 am
I feel the edge should be sealed with some sealant as you pointed out that rust can make it's way through it.

In India if you want to survive on your daily ride through traffic and considering the 4 wheelers who don't give a hoot to a 2 wheeler, a powerful horn is a blessing in disguise.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #61 on: August 19, 2011, 05:13:06 pm
How does that work with the parts catalogs?
When parts are ordered, supplying the serial number would be very beneficial to the parts people...maybe. At least that's how it works for most Japanese bikes. Most of them make a lot of incremental changes throughout the year and if you don't have the S/N of the bike, you could be lucky to get the right part.
I have to ASSume the Indians do it the same way.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #62 on: August 19, 2011, 05:14:54 pm
When parts are ordered, supplying the serial number would be very beneficial to the parts people...maybe. At least that's how it works for most Japanese bikes. Most of them make a lot of incremental changes throughout the year and if you don't have the S/N of the bike, you could be lucky to get the right part.
Bare
Heh, I think you assume too much!
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #63 on: August 19, 2011, 05:53:15 pm
Bare

Makes sense, I always write them down when I'm going to the shop.  I know some parts supercede others and are direct replacements.  I guess I need to make sure the C5 parts catalog I have is the right one for my bike.  And I guess it's why it's so important to get a good parts catalog for the older bikes.

Scott