Author Topic: New C5 upgrades by RE  (Read 15321 times)

Andy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #30 on: November 09, 2010, 02:15:03 am
Orgasmic.  That's the word.  No.  It's another word.  Something like that. 
2010 C5 Military - "The Slug"

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
  • It takes a villiage to raise an idiot.....
Reply #31 on: November 09, 2010, 05:31:13 pm
I like the white on a bike.  I have had two Harley Road Kings in white. For me it is a real cool color.  Easy on maintenance too. The black Enfield really shows the swirls and fine scratches.  Drives me nuts! If I had the option when I bought mine it would be white.

I have been considering a paint job on mine, seeing how it looks makes me even more interested. 

-Q
Any other Enfields in New England?

Maturin

• Grand Gearhead
  • My Precious
Reply #32 on: November 09, 2010, 08:14:45 pm
I like the white one. I really miss non-metallic coulors of any kind. I also like trim strips, thats why I got myself a deluxe. The chrome tank´s style however would work perfectly with painting, like blue/black or white/brown....I´m dreaming again  ;D
2010 G5
A Garage without a Bullet is a empty, barren hole.

When acellerating the tears of emotion must flow off horizontally to the ears.
Walter Röhrl

SSR

• Grease Monkey
Reply #33 on: November 10, 2010, 11:42:50 am
Mini update on another implemented upgrade. This upgrade has been implemented since last few months but can not give you an exact date.

Our C5/G5 crank has put on some weight, 1.3 pound or 600gm to be precise. It has been done to counter the vibrations and make the engine lot smooth.

No wonder why the RE mechanics at the workshop felt the new C5's to be lot smoother and I am getting the new crank installed tomorrow. Will let you know if I feel any difference with the heavier crank.

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: November 10, 2010, 05:52:47 pm
Our C5/G5 crank has put on some weight, 1.3 pound or 600gm to be precise. It has been done to counter the vibrations and make the engine lot smooth.

No wonder why the RE mechanics at the workshop felt the new C5's to be lot smoother.

My G5 bike runs smoother and better when gas tank is full.  A heavier tank is a good idea.  

Why RE doesn't go for rubber cushion mounted engine ?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 05:59:52 pm by singhg5 »
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

SSR

• Grease Monkey
Reply #35 on: November 10, 2010, 06:05:30 pm
I think because the engine is a stressed member of the chassis(part of it) so not feasible.

I have installed rubber washels on the rear tank mounting and it has taken care of some unwanted noise when fuel is below 4L.

louis 911

• Scooter
Reply #36 on: November 10, 2010, 09:35:55 pm
 Classic 350cm3 with the kick starter:

http://www.royalenfield.com/Motorcycles/classic-350.aspx

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #37 on: November 10, 2010, 11:05:57 pm
Classic 350cm3 with the kick starter:

http://www.royalenfield.com/Motorcycles/classic-350.aspx

Yes, very nice!  If RE sold both C5 and C3 here, I would get the C3.  Smaller is better (for me).
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

holodeck

• Bulleteer
Reply #38 on: November 11, 2010, 02:57:17 am
And the 19" front tire gives it ( IMHO ) a  much better look.

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #39 on: November 11, 2010, 03:10:28 am
And the 19" front tire gives it ( IMHO ) a  much better look.
+1

I sure could use the 19" tire for more high speed stability.

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #40 on: November 12, 2010, 03:08:08 am
Will these changes occur for USA bound bikes for 2011 or 2012?  I'm thinking the latter, but you never know if the changes will just start coming piecemeal.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #41 on: November 18, 2010, 01:40:24 am
R.E. has a history of making running changes rather than changes based on model year .
No matter where you go, there, you are.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #42 on: November 18, 2010, 04:32:13 pm
How does that work with the parts catalogs?  For instance, Gorilla has different rear fender struts than I do: he's got tabs to bolt the fender to and mine bolts right up to threaded bosses on the strut.   But we're only a year apart and I bet this change rolled out in the middle of the yearly production.  How are the parts differentiated in the parts catalogs?  I ask because with the vintage bikes having the right parts catalog for your bike is key.

Scott

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #43 on: November 19, 2010, 04:42:51 am
How does that work with the parts catalogs?  For instance, Gorilla has different rear fender struts than I do: he's got tabs to bolt the fender to and mine bolts right up to threaded bosses on the strut.   But we're only a year apart and I bet this change rolled out in the middle of the yearly production.  How are the parts differentiated in the parts catalogs?  I ask because with the vintage bikes having the right parts catalog for your bike is key.

Scott
  Yea, whats up with that Scotty !!!  He..he...he. :D Well I hope the black front fender's are not a problem to get, as I just dropped a muffler off the garage shelf DIRECTLY ON TO IT ! >:(  Nice big ass dent to,... damn. ::)
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #44 on: November 19, 2010, 02:35:37 pm
No worries.  I would bet it's easy to get and that black has the best chance of being a good color match.  How much would you bet on teal parts matching the original bike color? ;)