Author Topic: 120 miles on the new C5 today - 9/25  (Read 1508 times)

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
on: September 26, 2010, 04:03:26 am
Glorious weather here in the Seattle area today!  I put 120 miles on the C5, which now has 450 miles.  The tank fill up showed 66mpg. 

I headed north and east from Seattle through Kenmore and Mill Creek down into Snohomish and then south for awhile to Carnation and then north into some back roads that suddenly came to a fork in the road.  BOTH roads said Dead End!  I met a Triumph owner on the road and we agreed that just being out and riding, dead ends or not, was worth it. 

Autumn leaves were falling all around and I was glad the roadways were dry.

A couple of sportbikes followed for a long time but never passed me.  Either I was going at too torrid a pace for them, or they were just admiring the soul of a true motorcycle with its thumper tone.  More likely the latter.   :D

The Howard Leight MAX earplugs were magical how they kept out the wind and exhaust noise.  There is a lot less riding fatigue with them in place.

The C5 has a really nice sweet spot in 5th gear at 45-50 mph.  It has a really effortless feel there.  The motor seems to be loosening up nicely.  The tire pressure was at 22/25psi.  The handling was great and the ride was smooth.

The Cortech rear bag on the pillion carried the fresh corn back home.

The gas mileage would have been higher if I had ridden like an old man.  Not this day...

Excuse my language, but DAMN this is a fun motorcycle!

-------------------

Bob's Corn and Pumpkin farm is a nice resting place, a little south of Snohomish, and at the start of the West Snoqualmie Valley Road, a cycle haven.

They were getting the hayride going while I was there, piling the kids in the back to take them around the farm and corn maze (maize?   :))
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 01:35:03 pm
The ride sounds perfect, and the bike looks great. Just wait till you have around 2000 miles on it, the engine will be a LOT  better ;D
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

woodboats

• Grease Monkey
  • New Zealand
Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 05:49:46 am
Very nice!!
Glad you included some photos.
Ours: 2006 Bullet Deluxe 500
Hers: 2007 Yamaha V Star 650
His: 2007 Honda Shadow Aero 750