Author Topic: New Royal Enfield Standard 350cc UCE model  (Read 6213 times)

sara

• Neophyte
on: November 27, 2010, 11:16:27 am
friends,

i planning to book Royal Enfield Standard 350CC UCE model coming Monday,

what are the things to be asked from the dealer during booking

what are the things to be checked during the time of vehicle delivery,

your suggestions will be very useful

thanks in advance
Sara

Maturin

• Grand Gearhead
  • My Precious
Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 12:14:25 pm
Hello friend!
Welcome to this forum! You´ll find many technical hints and tips concerning the 500cc-EFI-unit used in the Classic- and Electra-frame. You´d be the first to join the board with the 350! This nice bike, that is much closer to the old pre-unit-Bullet, is unfortunatlely not available in the export markets. That´s a pity, because it probably has many qualities, that could satisfy many potential riders, combined with a significant price advantage over the 500.
So I´m afraid you won´t get any specific tips for the 350, most of the model´s details are unknown to most of us. Maybe an Indian forum could help you better, unfortunaltely I have no links for you. Maybe one of the fellow riders on this forum can post some.
I´d like to hear about the behavior of the little one, though, maybe they´ll show up at the European or the American makets in the future. So please keep us posted. To boost your anticipation I´d like to add that the unit models are running surprisigly reliable, no comparison to the pre-units!
I hope you will have as little problems as I had with my precious - ride safe!
2010 G5
A Garage without a Bullet is a empty, barren hole.

When acellerating the tears of emotion must flow off horizontally to the ears.
Walter Röhrl

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 04:52:44 pm
Dear Sara,
You are going to find that there are far less if any questions to be asked of your dealer. In the past it was common to bring your own mechanic to the showroom to run different Bullets to see which one he liked etc. You will find that the new engines are so sturdy and so reliable that there isn't much to ask. I am guessing that you are buying the carburetor version and not the Electronic Fuel Injection model.

The  main question is are you set on the Bullet? As you know it compares to no other bike in the Indian market. If you want one - get one. It is as simple as that. While the 350 is different from the US or export models they have more in common than not. You may enjoy this forum. I would also suggest that you look for one of the many great clubs in India centered around the Bullet. They have lots of rides and are very keen on helping each other.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 06:22:15 pm
Sara, welcome to the forum, that 350 is a great looking bike!
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

holodeck

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 09:35:27 pm
If this is something like what the c-5 would have looked like I would have one now.

clubman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 06:34:01 pm
If this is something like what the c-5 would have looked like I would have one now.

Well the G5 looks very similar to me, the difference being of course the battery and tool box housing. And I must say they way outclass the side panels and sausage box of the G5.

holodeck

• Bulleteer
Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 07:04:58 pm
And the front fender supports give it a very period look. I can imagine the RE styling team meeting  " maybe if we give the electra / g-5 a more  modern look it would sell better?"