Author Topic: Going to Texas  (Read 2820 times)

bwilson17

on: February 15, 2008, 02:58:52 am
Leaving Sat. 02/16 from Sarasota, Fl. to New Braunfels, Tx. I will be riding my 06 Electra and my son will be riding his Vulcan 800. Plan on taking all secondary roads no interstates. We are figuring 3 days riding there and 3 days riding back with a few days to visit my mother and father in New Braunfels. This will be my longest trip on a motorcycle (longest so far has been Key West) any advice will be appreciated. Plan on staying in motels - A nice warm shower and a bed will be needed for these bones to recoup for the next day.

The main reason for the trip is that my mother is having open heart surgery - Please pray for her - Thanks, Brian

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 01:44:20 pm
  A little late with a reply and I hope your Mom is doing OK.  If you didn't figure it out on the way there here are a couple of things.........lube your chain as soon as you get off the bike at the end of the day.  The chain will be warm and the lube will dry overnight.  Carry oil with you and check everytime you stop.  Oh one last thing, don't try to keep up with the Vulcan.
Safe Trip,
Leonard
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com