Author Topic: Tail Light  (Read 6070 times)

Maturin

• Grand Gearhead
  • My Precious
on: September 16, 2010, 06:47:38 pm
I really like the looks of my Precious. Thats one of the most important reasons why I bought her. But....I don´t like the tail light. It looks like a red bread box.
The Classic, however, has a nice rounded exemplar and that black carrier it is mounted on is more similar to the ancient shape. At my dealders threre are a couple of originals lying about that had to yield to more sophisticated luminaires. How is it fixed on the mudguard? The Electra original has only one big nut. Maybe somebody has some pictures, that would facillitate the comparison. Thanks in advance!
2010 G5
A Garage without a Bullet is a empty, barren hole.

When acellerating the tears of emotion must flow off horizontally to the ears.
Walter Röhrl

perri

• Scooter
  • Italy
Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 06:56:14 pm
Only a nut too c5

c5 2oo9 italy
c5 2009 italy

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 07:39:15 pm
I really like the looks of my Precious. Thats one of the most important reasons why I bought her. But....I don´t like the tail light. It looks like a red bread box.
The Classic, however, has a nice rounded exemplar and that black carrier it is mounted on is more similar to the ancient shape. At my dealders threre are a couple of originals lying about that had to yield to more sophisticated luminaires. How is it fixed on the mudguard? The Electra original has only one big nut. Maybe somebody has some pictures, that would facillitate the comparison. Thanks in advance!
The C-5 Birdhouse ::) has one bolt towards the bottom, through inside of rear fender.One small stud at top of light assembly, through the outside of the fender, to the inside.  I would think it would be easy to install. You may have to drill a new hole or two. Not sure how the G-5 arrangement is.
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 09:01:44 pm
If I'm not mistaken, you've got an older bike with that red brick across the top.  Inside the birdhouse you can remove that light and bolt on a round trailer light available for $5-10 at any auto store.  Some people here on the board have done it and it looks good.  Or get fancy and go for a Model A Ford tail light.

I didn't like the brikc tail light either and planned for that to be my first mod.  Luckily, my C5 already had the round light.  I think the round light matches the look of the bike much better.

Scott

jjoe256

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 11:42:32 pm
I'm going to replace the whole unit. The newer G-5s come with the C-5 arrangement and also unfortunately, the C-5 valve covers. I never liked the brick and the angle that it sits. Not only is the newer one round it has the more vertical face.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 12:44:28 am
Is it more vertical or just mounted in a different spot?  I saw the new G5s and I think they are a little more angled even though I think it's the same light.

Scott

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 12:53:19 am
If I'm not mistaken, you've got an older bike with that red brick across the top.  Inside the birdhouse you can remove that light and bolt on a round trailer light available for $5-10 at any auto store.  Some people here on the board have done it and it looks good.  Or get fancy and go for a Model A Ford tail light.

I didn't like the brikc tail light either and planned for that to be my first mod.  Luckily, my C5 already had the round light.  I think the round light matches the look of the bike much better.

Scott
I know that exact light your talking about. Cheap, nice and classic, Dot approved. Got one right here. It's going on my next Bike. ;)

jjoe256

• Grease Monkey
Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 03:08:21 am
DucatiSeattle has the newer G-5s and I checked it out. They're mounted in about the same place but there is a different shape to the attachment: less distance between the bottom of the number pl;ate and the fender, making it more vertical. Also, the number plate itself is shaped differently. There may be some drilling required as the electrics enter in a different place but the look is drastically different, much more classic.

meilaushi

• Grease Monkey
  • If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Ride!
Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 02:03:04 pm
Just got my G-5 Deluxe last week.  Taillight on it is round.  Nice.  I like it better'n my iron barrel 'brick.' :)
Ralph Meyer
2008 RE Classic Bullet ES :) "Ennypenny" (It's an Enfield and costs pennies to run!)
2010 RE Deluxe G-5 :)) "Eagle"
2010 BMW F800ST
Ridin' 58 years & counting!  Back roads are fun! Member IBA.

Sub

• Bob's Your Uncle
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2010 Black Bullet C5
Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 02:16:33 pm
Here's what I did.

I bought the LED taillight from nfield, but ended up not installing it. This is a 50's Ford replica I got off the 'bay. The turn signals are $5 from Autopalace/PepBoys!

« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 02:18:40 pm by Sub »

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 02:31:58 pm
That's bloody lovely. I'm looking for one just like it right now.
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 04:10:31 pm
 Nice  !!!!!

jjoe256

• Grease Monkey
Reply #12 on: September 19, 2010, 09:12:21 pm
Hey Sub. If yopu still have the C-5 take off, I'll be happy to take it off your hands. Email me.

Sub

• Bob's Your Uncle
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2010 Black Bullet C5
Reply #13 on: September 19, 2010, 10:17:02 pm
Hey Sub. If yopu still have the C-5 take off, I'll be happy to take it off your hands. Email me.
Do you mean the oem one or the LED one?

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: September 20, 2010, 12:48:58 am
Br. Sub, great job on the tail light... a very good looking light and a very clean installation!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla