Author Topic: Tail Light  (Read 6074 times)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 04:57:55 am
Clean, clean, clean!  Well done :)

Maturin

• Grand Gearhead
  • My Precious
Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 12:21:08 pm
Oh you lucky Americans! You don´t need any approval mark on your luminaires, don´t you?
Well, well, in Europe there are a few obstacles to such lightheaded behavior like going into a shop and buing a nice tail light. There must be an "E"-sign! The purpose of making our lives easy and secure unfortuntely has some lesser benedictory effects...It´s a kind of administrative friction loss.
While the replacement of the exaust systems is easy to manage for the bienal TÜV-test, the altering of connectors and wireing should be a lasting operation. So I´m looking forward to the new round tail light that is apparently standard now. Are there any pics?
2010 G5
A Garage without a Bullet is a empty, barren hole.

When acellerating the tears of emotion must flow off horizontally to the ears.
Walter Röhrl

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 04:20:34 pm
We have those laws here too in most states but most people just ignore them and the police don't seem to mind too much, unless they've already got you pulled over for something else.

Scott

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
  • It takes a villiage to raise an idiot.....
Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 05:59:04 pm
Yah very true.
If they can see the lights functioning as Brake/Tail they don't put too much effort into looking for the DOT approvals.

They are more concerned with Noise.  Not so much on the highway but in town.

-Quinn
Any other Enfields in New England?

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 05:59:57 pm
Oh, and Maturin, that taillight looks very cool!

Sub

• Bob's Your Uncle
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2010 Black Bullet C5
Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 06:31:37 pm
Thanks for the comments on the taillight. I like it too!

In New York they will only pull you over for it if its obviously unsafe. I've seen people with license plates sideways, or hidden under fairings, and tiny turn signals.  Compared to them, I'm uber safe. I've upgraded my brake and turning signals to the brightest I could fit. My headlight actually dims a bit if I use my brake light at a stop. Probably not great for the bike, but at least I'm visible.

I was actually stopped for this tail light once. I was driving and I didnt realize that my rear indicator light went out. It turned out to be the harness had come apart (they suck!). The only thing the cop said about the brake light was that it looked "neat." :)

In these parts, if you're not an idiot, the cops are very lenient.

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 06:59:02 pm
Not an idiot and respectful. If you have  a loud exhaust, then idle it through town.  If you run aftermarket lights, make sure they are bright enough to do the job and located where they can be seen. An ounce of common sense goes a long way to warding off trouble..... ;)

Maturin

• Grand Gearhead
  • My Precious
Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 10:22:42 pm
An ounce of common sense goes a long way to warding off trouble..... ;)
Common sense? Yes, nice idea, probable ancient greek. But every two years the TÜV-engineer tells me with a meaningfull face that having approval marks on whereever they are necessary is critical for my survival in modern traffic. Hm. I guess everybody has to earn his living anyhow.
Ähem..did I mention before that I´m keen on photos of the new tail light?
2010 G5
A Garage without a Bullet is a empty, barren hole.

When acellerating the tears of emotion must flow off horizontally to the ears.
Walter Röhrl

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #23 on: September 23, 2010, 05:31:57 pm
I saw the 2010 C5 and G5 next to each other at the dealer the other day.  They both have the exact same tail light/plate mount BUT the G5 fender is a little shorter so it gets mounted a little higher and is slightly off vertical.  Still looks fine.

Scott