Author Topic: Himalayan Odyssey  (Read 3400 times)

Roger

• Scooter
on: September 18, 2010, 05:48:32 am
http://www.royalenfield.com/gallery/events/himalayanodysseygallery.aspx

Find the C5. 

Kevin should find us a mountain to climb.
2017 Bullet
2007 Ural Patrol - the 'trol

Andy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 12:06:49 pm
There's quite a number of Himalayan RE treks on youtube.  They look....scary.   :o
2010 C5 Military - "The Slug"

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 09:04:46 pm
Doesn't going to work or getting the honey-do list feel like a mountain to climb sometimes?
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Roger

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 09:42:32 pm
Just think, an RE only event up the Sierra Nevadas or Mount Evans as an annual event.  it would be a great way to advertise the durability and versatility of your product. 
2017 Bullet

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 01:41:19 am
Just think, an RE only event up the Sierra Nevadas or Mount Evans as an annual event.  it would be a great way to advertise the durability and versatility of your product. 

Good idea, or a run up Mt Washington in the east, during Laconia bike week in New Hamshire.
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Roger

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 03:04:14 am
According to the online schedule there is a run up Mt Washinton during the rally.  And RE was at the rally, too. 
2017 Bullet

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 03:12:02 am
Cool !!

daves02ES

• Bulleteer
  • Thump Thump
Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 03:38:16 am

I'm only 70 miles or so from Mt. Evans and would love to do it sometime.
2002 Bullet ES

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
  • It takes a villiage to raise an idiot.....
Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 07:29:36 pm
gashousegorilla
I like that idea!  An Enfield run to the Summit!

Do you come up to NH for Bike Week each year?    Our host was here last year for Bike week, (I bought one of the Demo Bikes they brought),  Perhaps if they are coming back next year and a few Enfields come to town a run to the Summit might be a very do-able event.

Quinn
Any other Enfields in New England?

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 10:48:52 pm
gashousegorilla
I like that idea!  An Enfield run to the Summit!

Do you come up to NH for Bike Week each year?    Our host was here last year for Bike week, (I bought one of the Demo Bikes they brought),  Perhaps if they are coming back next year and a few Enfields come to town a run to the Summit might be a very do-able event.

Quinn
Quinn, I have not deen up in the past few years. I was getting tired of the same old broken spoke, 200,000 doller  store bought chopper/ harley thing going on.I do like them Jagermiester girl's though. But if there's something going on, I'm there. As long as I get to go to the summit in the side hack :D. It would be reel cool to hang with some like minded people,Ya Know?
 They should also do some kind of British vintage, Mods vs Rockers type thing. Something different . A little more diversity, would be cool. I could drop my Brother off with his Baggerized dyno FLHTxcW special edition screemming hawk dyno manned, thing? And hook up with you Guy's.

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
  • It takes a villiage to raise an idiot.....
Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 02:53:46 am
Well I am all for it.  I live 20 min from Laconia and have not gone in two years for the same reasons you have not gone.  Same old $h!# different year.

I would be happy to assist with whatever organization that needs to be done on this end if there is any interest.  No reason we cannot do it.

Perhaps our site sponsor is making some plans to come back next year and would like to organize (or at least publicize) such a trip.

I drive by the base of the Summit Road once every two weeks or so, it would be an awesome ride.

I will let this ride (Pun intended) for a couple of days and then if Kevin does not see this thread I will send him a PM and see if we can get some input from him.

-Q
Any other Enfields in New England?

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 03:07:20 am
 Good Idea Quinn. ;)