Author Topic: C5: Refused Shipment  (Read 25779 times)

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #90 on: September 16, 2010, 03:29:59 am
The Battleship and Destroyer calls it a "Battleship Sandwich" -- it's 3 feet long and filled to the gills with salami, ham, cheese, shredded lettuce, tomato slices and Italian salad dressing.  The "Destroyer" is only a foot long. Rick Seback, the Pittsburgh Video Historian has immortalized the place and the sandwiches in one of his 'Burgh videos on PBS.  But some at other foodie places call 'em Subs and some call 'em Hoagies.  .... Like, "Yinz wanna sub?"  "Yinz want some hoagies?" ;D

But the REAL other sandwich around here is the Primanti's sandwich--Whatever kind of meat etc. you want piled on a large square bun specially baked, with shredded lettuce, tomato slices, and a pile (yes a pile) of french fries on all that with the other piece of the square bun on top.  Stands 4-5" tall.  You can ask 'em to leave off the fries at Primanti Brothers, but they won't.  Signature Sandwich. Primanti's Pastrami Sandwich is to die for... or rather to ride yer bullet 25 miles for.  ;D

Got cha Cuz. Always wondered why some people call them "hoagies" what the heck is a  "hoagie"? Some sort a critter? :D We call them subs, cause of there obvious shape.Like a U-Boat. Yinz Guyz seem alright. and your samwitches even better :D
 I may just have to take a cruise down there the next time the G-men play da Steelas, and get me a Primanti Samwitch. And I suspect we also share the same utter, "feelings", For the Cowboyz ;)
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #91 on: September 18, 2010, 03:26:29 am
Somehow someone got the idea that Deluxes were not available in CA. Black Deluxe are and will remain available for the foreseeable future and remember we have a pipline. I have two Deluxe in the first container of CA bikes marked for a couple of people who ponied up to the Bar and left deposits. Shame to miss them as the first 100 CA bikes will be numbered.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 10:50:01 pm by Kevin Mahoney »
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

meilaushi

• Grease Monkey
  • If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Ride!
Reply #92 on: September 18, 2010, 10:47:08 pm

Got cha Cuz. Always wondered why some people call them "hoagies" what the heck is a  "hoagie"? Some sort a critter? :D We call them subs, cause of there obvious shape.Like a U-Boat. Yinz Guyz seem alright. and your samwitches even better :D
 I may just have to take a cruise down there the next time the G-men play da Steelas, and get me a Primanti Samwitch. And I suspect we also share the same utter, "feelings", For the Cowboyz ;)
You got it, Bro!  Yinz get to da 'Burgh, ya gotta have a Primanti Samwich!  Ya ain't lived 'till ya do, Butcha won't want supper after, er maybe even the next two or three meals!   ;D  And yeah, Usn's like waving the Terrible Towels and blowin' the 'Cowboys' off their game.  (sometimes it works and sometimes it don't).  ;D
Ralph Meyer
2008 RE Classic Bullet ES :) "Ennypenny" (It's an Enfield and costs pennies to run!)
2010 RE Deluxe G-5 :)) "Eagle"
2010 BMW F800ST
Ridin' 58 years & counting!  Back roads are fun! Member IBA.