Author Topic: new c5 military  (Read 3058 times)

GrumpierGrunt

• Scooter
  • I would much rather be on my 1974 Kawasaki H2B
on: September 14, 2010, 04:54:02 am
hello everyone, i cant wait until i get my military c5 and was just curious if they are making a 2011 or are they keeping the 2010?i am not familiar with royal enfields release schedule so any help is appreciated

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 01:58:11 pm
Royal Enfield?  Release Schedule?     :D :D :D
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 02:00:59 pm
Generally Enfields tend to stay the same year to year with changes thrown in the as they go along.   
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

mbevo1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Mike and Stumpy
Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 03:06:43 pm
I received my new '07 iron-lung in October, 2006... didn't know I had an '07 'till the title came back from DMV... ;)

Mike and Stumpy in Michigan
'07 Classic - Stumpy
'10 C5 Military - Sherman

Bullet.wagon

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 03:14:42 pm
I was thinking bikes made 6 monthts before become the next year models. It's a Kevin question?
2005 RE Military
2000 RE 350

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 03:24:39 pm
Royal Enfield?  Release Schedule?     :D :D :D

Hahaha! I'm glad YOU said that - the tip of my tongue was turning BLUE!!  ;D It's funny - the REST of the "free world" is not quite so tied up "model year" as we in America seem to be. A PRIME example is the venerable Chang Jiang. They aren't any particular "year" - they just "are" ..... The "model year" is usually what's on the paperwork when they are released from the military bunkers - where they may have been for thirty years ALREADY! None to worry, though - nothing changed but the frame numbers in that time ...... Heeheehee!  ;)
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

meilaushi

• Grease Monkey
  • If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Ride!
Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 09:12:05 pm
I think in the NfieldGear catalog somewhere there's a description of either the engine number or the VIN number and the way it's set up that lets you figure out the year and month a bike was manufactured.  However, not being one of those assticized plasticized change their looks and style with high-dollar plastic every year bikes, the year, etc. really doesn't seem to me to be any kind of big deal....  REs just look like a real motorcycle should look year after year, after year.  Ain't that great????   :D
Ralph Meyer
2008 RE Classic Bullet ES :) "Ennypenny" (It's an Enfield and costs pennies to run!)
2010 RE Deluxe G-5 :)) "Eagle"
2010 BMW F800ST
Ridin' 58 years & counting!  Back roads are fun! Member IBA.

Maturin

• Grand Gearhead
  • My Precious
Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 11:32:15 pm
Generally Enfields tend to stay the same year to year with changes thrown in the as they go along.   

O yeah! These boys from this great mysterious county somewhere far away do indeed throw changes in  ;D
At my dealers there was a brand new black G5 deLuxe standing in front of the shop - Precious´ sister. But suddenly there was something odd....the rear footrest holders where shaped in a different way!  Appealed for this reason the mechanic told me that the connectors changed aswell. Thats funny - everybody who buys an Enfield gets his individual bike without extra charge! A real deluxe, for that matter 8)
2010 G5
A Garage without a Bullet is a empty, barren hole.

When acellerating the tears of emotion must flow off horizontally to the ears.
Walter Röhrl

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 01:23:20 am
OK here goes

For the most part model year is irrelevant It can be relevant in terms of parts sometimes but even then mostly month or VIN is the important piece of information. If you look at used values you will see that they fall more along the lines of specific models and not model year. For example you might pay more for a 1999 Iron Barrel than a 2005 depending upon accessories etc. Don't let that bother you at all. These bikes take a hit when they leave the showroom floor and
then settle into a price range that doesn't change much over time.

The boys at the factory cannot understand for the life of themselves our obsession with model year. You have to remember for 50 years when a model year changed all they did was change the calender in the parts room. I am sometimes surprised when I am researching a part to see that it's part number goes back well before they published parts books. We are still using some of those today with numbers.

For years they used an amusing system when we did have a big change such as to the ES which did change on a model year. All bikes built from whenever they started to produce those bikes (late 2001 as I remember) were stamped as Jan, 2002 models. This went on for months. It appeared as if we made as many bikes in a single months as we sold all year. They could not understand how you can make a 2002 model in 2001.

If you look at the VIN plate on your down tube3 there will be a date plate.  Then look at your engine number. The last letter in the engine number is the actual month the engine was made. It is labeled A for Jan., B for Feb etc. If it doesn't math the date on the VIN the engine number is  the best indication of its actual heritage.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com