Author Topic: Newbie question  (Read 5374 times)

pollocka

• Scooter
Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 12:21:55 pm
I live 120 miles from my dealer, have had 2 failures in my first 900 miles, and if I don't take it to the dealer RE does not reimburse for repair. Think twice.

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
  • It takes a villiage to raise an idiot.....
Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 07:21:26 pm
Welcome.
I bought a new C5 in June of this year. Great little bike.  Like most of the folks here I have had a lot of bikes over the decades but few that I have been so fond of so quickly.  You will find the prices of parts and accessories to be very favorable when compared to other popular brands, both US and Metric. 

You will find that your new C5 will draw attention wherever you stop. 

Welcome, stay in touch and Post Pictures as soon as you get your new bike.  We love pictures and we are all here to help.
Any other Enfields in New England?

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 08:50:21 pm
I live 120 miles from my dealer, have had 2 failures in my first 900 miles, and if I don't take it to the dealer RE does not reimburse for repair. Think twice.

I suppose that ones geographical location SHOULD play into the decision of purchase. If you are inconvenienced by taking your bike to a dealer who isn't on the next corner - don't buy an Enfield - buy a Harley - THEY have dealerships on EVERY corner ... oh, wait - they USED to!  ::)

As far as warranty repairs go - Royal Enfield has one of the BEST warranties in the business - 2 years and unlimited mileage - and there's not a lot they won't cover. In inconceivable that you WOULDN'T take the bike to an Authorised Dealer for warranty service! You get Factory Trained technicians with all the correct tools and literature to properly service the bike - plus - most of the people in an Enfield dealership are genuine enthusiasts for the brand and KNOW the bikes - like the fine folks on the Forum here   ;)
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

Andy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 10:53:49 pm

As far as warranty repairs go - Royal Enfield has one of the BEST warranties in the business - 2 years and unlimited mileage...

Two years, 10,000 km in Canada, which is about the worst warranty in the business up here.  I guess they don't expect people to ride them further than the nearest Starbucks for a Saturday pose. 
2010 C5 Military - "The Slug"

hocko

• Grease Monkey
Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 12:27:50 am
Two years, 10,000 km in Canada, which is about the worst warranty in the business up here.  I guess they don't expect people to ride them further than the nearest Starbucks for a Saturday pose. 

10,000km and 2 years here is Australia, here's hoping it's not needed too often.

Cheers  :)

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #20 on: September 22, 2010, 01:52:03 am
I'm really surprised at the mileage limitation out of the USA ..... really ....... ! I honestly think that the UCE engine will go 50K miles without incident - or more. This is especially true judging from the merciless whipping that the Crash Test Dummy is taking in stride .....
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!