Author Topic: Stuck kidney stone  (Read 7983 times)

Lahti35

• Currently Enfield-less!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • The Department of Redundancy Deptartment.
on: September 11, 2010, 01:46:41 pm
Woke up yesterday at 6am to the worst pain i've ever had. Turns out i gots me a kidney stone thats too big to pass and a urethra thats too small to stick the tools up to bust it up. Last nights unsuccesfull surgery will be followed up in 2 weeks after they have stretched me out some. Mamma said there would be days like this... Holy crap...did i mention kidney stones hurt :o
'03 Ex-Electric start 500....gone but not forgotten...

I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 03:14:12 pm
Got to be one of the most painful things a person has to endure.  Hope you get better.
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 03:16:52 pm
Dude, that sucks.

Can't they splode it with them sonic waves?
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 04:03:41 pm
Sorry about the stone.Yeah,always hearing about marvels being done with sound waves on kidney stones but folks keep right on suffering.I hope this clears up soon for ya.

woodboats

• Grease Monkey
  • New Zealand
Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 09:14:55 pm
Wow, sounds really hurtful!
Hope things work out sooner than later for you.
Ours: 2006 Bullet Deluxe 500
Hers: 2007 Yamaha V Star 650
His: 2007 Honda Shadow Aero 750

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 11:06:47 pm
Br. Lahti, I'll send you my positive thoughts and prayers so that a) you can deal with the pain and discomfort and b) the doctor (and the other care givers) can handle the stone... hang in there, borther, this shall come to pass!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 12:09:36 am
Dude, that sucks.

Can't they splode it with them sonic waves?

They call that a "lithotriptor" and it does break the stones up into little teeny-tiny, sharp as all hell, feels like a meteorite coming out and will make you yell loud enough to pass out, pieces .... Been there - done that - no more freekin' Rolaids for ME!
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 01:58:30 am
I got some white lightning that'll disslove that thing in seconds, if you were close enough I'd give you a dose or two :D
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 01:22:40 pm by r80rt »
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 03:37:05 am
I have heard that the pain is second only to a gall bladder attack. Good luck.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 03:44:21 am
My wife gets a kidney stone every year. This year she had 4 of them at the same time and 3 were over 1/2 inch. They couldn't blast em so they had to go in and get em.
I feel for ya brother.
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

Lahti35

• Currently Enfield-less!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • The Department of Redundancy Deptartment.
Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 02:17:04 pm
I got some white lightning that'll disslove that thing in seconds, if you were close enough I'd give you a dose or two :D

Thanks guys!

Sign me up!

Hopefully when they try again in 2 weeks they can get it outta me. It sure doesn't feel good using the bathroom :o :o :o
'03 Ex-Electric start 500....gone but not forgotten...

I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 04:02:37 pm

Scooter came by
With a tear in his eye
Said his wife had come down with the flu ......
He said that you ort
Just give him a quart
Of that Good Ol' Mountain Dew ...... !
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 06:55:52 pm
Wow.  Here I and I thought we just had bikes in common.

I'm a chronic producer of the calcium oxalate variety of kidney stones.  I pass a good dozen or so small guys a year.  Just minor back pain, and a little how-ya-do on the way out. 

First real bad one was a centimeter long, torpedo shaped guy.  When that hit, I was unresponsive and drifting in and out of consciousness.  I can't describe the pain because it's really tough to even remember.  Had the lithotripsy done after a month of waiting and several ER visits for the Dilaudid iv's.  Good stuff, if you get the chance.   ScooterBob describes it well.  Instead of one big one that is stuck, you get a bunch of small, "sharp as hell" little devils.  When those passed?  I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.

I've had two lithotripsy sessions for big guys, including that first big one.  If they are stuck, they are stuck and it has to be done.  No one is going up my wing-wang to yank'm out.  It's a one way street.  Exit only.  If they said they could cut my side open and pull'm out, I'd take it.  Just stay away from lil' Boggy.  Problem with the lithotripsy is you can only do so many before you start wrecking your kidneys.  Mine do ache from time to time.  However, if you have the option, I would recommend having the lithotripsy done.

One other aspect of this most folks don't have to deal with when passing small stones is that if its stuck at the top of the ureter, you get the back pain.  Once its near the bottom, the pain is in your balls.  If they are bad, it will feel like a horse is standing on your crotch, and doesn't plan on moving for a few days.  THAT my friends, is a bad place to be in.  Fist time that happened, a genius, mid-twenties doctor told me I must have slept on them funny.

Mr. Lahti... I feel your pain brother!  I'll tell you what... if you like beer and coffee, now is the time to double down.  You want to piss as much as possible.  The beer helps dull you down too  ;)  Trust the good ol' Dr. Boggy on this one.  Please feel free to hit me up with any questions.  I make kidney stones better than I do anything else in this world.  I guess it's nice to be great at "something."
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

cochi

• Grease Monkey
Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 10:53:05 pm
Lahti, I read an article about a study done in the U.K. several years ago. It seems that drinking an ounce or two of lemmon juice per day significantly reduces the production of kidney stones, It was especially so for the calcium oxilate buggers. The juice apparently changes the ph making it harder for the stones to form. I haven't passed a stone since I started my lemmon juice cocktail 2 years ago.  Good luck! cochi

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 01:06:28 am
Lahti:  

Hope you get proper treatment and get rid off these stones as soon as possible.  As you know that drinking a lot of liquids can help keep urinary tract clean and prevent the formation of crystals.  

There are different types of crystals that may be composed of calcium or uric acid or cystine.  First the type of crystal must be determined to plan the course of action. e.g., uric acid crystals dissolve in alkaline pH by giving potassium citrate to person (only by prescription).  If it is calcium crystal (oxalate), it is helpful to take diuretics and low calcium diet - avoiding green leafy spinach type veges.

Do you know the composition of crystals ?  Send you my best wishes.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 01:38:18 am by singhg5 »
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5