Author Topic: More low frequency vibes after break in?  (Read 5775 times)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 10:53:23 pm
I think I remember your auto-decompressor disable thread.  How did they do that?

I would not worry about that as the cause of anything except a premature starter failure.  Whether it's there or not, it should do nothing once the engine is running if it's working properly.  It puts an additional strain on the starter if it's not there but that was noted as manageable if I recall.

Scott

ES-335

• Scooter
Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 11:30:33 pm
I think they just left the flyweight  etc parts away of the auto decomp from the exhaust cam?. it is reported to me that in England this has been done some couple of times, but how do I know? maybe there is a pin slot after the cam peek where the fly weight decomp pin should be?
Yes, I do feel that I am putting more or less RE reliability down but I still dig my c5 quite much. just like to inform You of some things of concern.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #17 on: September 09, 2010, 07:32:02 pm
So yesterday's ride home and today's ride in: fewer low vibes and even the ticking sound that cropped up has largely gone away.  Maybe she just wanted a rest and some easy in town rides after 4 days of highway back and forth to California.  I did get out the spray cleaner/polish and wipe her down, maybe she was just grateful for that.

Scott