Author Topic: Sprocket change or Gozilla vs Maturin  (Read 5897 times)

BRADEY

• Grease Monkey
Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 05:24:37 am
Royal Enfield Dealerships are provided with special tool (a wrench that looks exactly like your spark plugh wrench in shape, only its bigger). I recently had mine opened and it was pretty easy. However as your dealer said, sometimes these things load up more, as in the case of my brake fluid reservoir screws. One of them got stripped in the process, no matter what "trick" I tried on it. ;D

Maturin

• Grand Gearhead
  • My Precious
Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 10:12:39 am
Good to hear that this struggle is over.  What size sprocket did you put in your bike ?  How is the ride ?

I changed to the Classic´s 18-tooth-sprocket. I wonder why it´s not standard in the G5, it´s so much better!
The ratio now fits very well to the german speed limit steps that are mostly 30/50/80/100 km/h. Acceleration generally has improved because the former dispensable 1st gear puts the bike forward now instead of only causing noise. Even with two on board you don´t need the clutch much. I din´t tested full throttle yet - always had a truck ahead ::) - maybe there´s a little plus in top speed.
A recommendation, but: beware of Gozilla!  ;D
2010 G5
A Garage without a Bullet is a empty, barren hole.

When acellerating the tears of emotion must flow off horizontally to the ears.
Walter Röhrl

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 11:49:39 am
I changed to the Classic´s 18-tooth-sprocket. I wonder why it´s not standard in the G5, it´s so much better!

I wondered that myself. There doesn't seem to be a downside.
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"