Author Topic: C5: Refused Shipment  (Read 25804 times)

meilaushi

• Grease Monkey
  • If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Ride!
Reply #75 on: September 14, 2010, 03:03:13 pm
Dude, it's 'youz' with a 'z'.  I live on the west coast now but I know Jersey.  If you don't spell it that way no one outside the tri-state area will get the proper pronunciation ;)

Scott
And in the 'Burgh (Pittsburgh), it's always "Yinz" or (seldom) "You-uns".  Youz we woudln't unnerstand nohow.   ;D

Be neat to see a comparison of a nice duded up C-5 and G-5.  Go to it! :D
Ralph Meyer
2008 RE Classic Bullet ES :) "Ennypenny" (It's an Enfield and costs pennies to run!)
2010 RE Deluxe G-5 :)) "Eagle"
2010 BMW F800ST
Ridin' 58 years & counting!  Back roads are fun! Member IBA.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #76 on: September 14, 2010, 04:01:11 pm
And in the 'Burgh (Pittsburgh), it's always "Yinz" or (seldom) "You-uns".  Youz we woudln't unnerstand nohow.   ;D

Be neat to see a comparison of a nice duded up C-5 and G-5.  Go to it! :D
As in "YINZ GUYZ" ?  or "You-uns guyz" ? Would the "Guyz'"  be dropped? "Youz" is pretty versitile in our area. It can also be used to refer to farm animals. In the rare occasion we get to venture into the country, you may here " Yo, kidz look out the winda, I tink I seez some youz!" :D
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

meilaushi

• Grease Monkey
Reply #77 on: September 14, 2010, 04:23:14 pm
Bang on on the "Yinz Guyz"!  Local Scooter club's name's "The Scootin' Yinzers."  The "You-uns Guys" invariably get elided to the much more ubiquitous "Yinz"  -- we iz lazy: "Yinz" is easier to say than "You-uns" -- one less sibbulul ... or somepin' like that! ;D
Ralph Meyer
2008 RE Classic Bullet ES :) "Ennypenny" (It's an Enfield and costs pennies to run!)
2010 BMW F800ST

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #78 on: September 14, 2010, 09:49:47 pm
Bang on on the "Yinz Guyz"!  Local Scooter club's name's "The Scootin' Yinzers."  The "You-uns Guys" invariably get elided to the much more ubiquitous "Yinz"  -- we iz lazy: "Yinz" is easier to say than "You-uns" -- one less sibbulul ... or somepin' like that! ;D
Man thats crazy!  But I like it! Like a combination of north and south. What would Yinz call , a long rolled samwich, with Italian lunch meats on it?

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #79 on: September 14, 2010, 10:46:02 pm
As soon as Justin realized he could get another Deluxe in stock quickly he agreed to give the one he had to 3rdgear.  I just saw them prepping it and heard them start it up.  It looks good and sounds good.  3rdgear is coming by to pick it up soon.  

All the chrome on that bike helps offset the hot dog boxes, I like it better than the regular G5.  It's a really nice looking machine.  Interestingly, the Deluxe gets the older style, larger knee pads compared to the smaller ones on the C5.

Scott
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 12:24:31 am by Ducati Scotty »

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #80 on: September 14, 2010, 11:11:15 pm
As soon as Justin realized he could get another Deluxe in stock quickly he agreed to give the one he had to 3rdgear.  I just saw them prepping it and heard them start it up.  It looks good and sounds good.  #rd gear is coming but to pick it up soon.  All the chrome on that bike helps offset the hot dog boxes, I like it better than the regular G5.

Scott

Nice !!!

3rdgear

• Scooter
Reply #81 on: September 15, 2010, 03:48:46 am
Yes, I am happy to report that I did indeed pick up my baby today.  Got in a 25 mile ride, mostly surface street but what a kick in the pants.  I can not describe the experience in words but can say that it strikes a cord that with me that takes me back to why I got into motorcycles in the first place. Freedom on two wheels.

Did noticed a few oil leaks when I returned from my ride, will try posting pics.  

« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 03:57:09 am by 3rdgear »

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #82 on: September 15, 2010, 04:58:34 am
Yeah, that Classic is a beauty! 
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #83 on: September 15, 2010, 06:00:25 am
Did noticed a few oil leaks when I returned from my ride, will try posting pics.  

Welcome to the brotherhood!  Now start tightening bolts ;)

These bikes seem to need a little 'finish work' when you first get them.  No worries, it will be all set soon enough.  Enjoy!

Oh, and that chrome tank looks totally badass!

Scott

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #84 on: September 15, 2010, 01:04:11 pm
I understand the feeling well! the new ride is gorgeous!
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #85 on: September 15, 2010, 02:08:11 pm
 Beutifull  Bike 3rdgear !!!  Good luck!!

3rdgear

• Scooter
Reply #86 on: September 15, 2010, 02:22:29 pm
As soon as Justin realized he could get another Deluxe in stock quickly he agreed to give the one he had to 3rdgear.  I just saw them prepping it and heard them start it up.  It looks good and sounds good.  3rdgear is coming by to pick it up soon.  

All the chrome on that bike helps offset the hot dog boxes, I like it better than the regular G5.  It's a really nice looking machine.  Interestingly, the Deluxe gets the older style, larger knee pads compared to the smaller ones on the C5.

Scott

Scott: Apparently I just missed you by few minutes.  Were you wearing a yellow hat?  If so, I may have seen you leaving.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #87 on: September 15, 2010, 04:21:04 pm
Yellow helmet on a teal C5.

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
  • It takes a villiage to raise an idiot.....
Reply #88 on: September 15, 2010, 06:07:24 pm
Glad to see you got it sorted out.  Not all "Dealers" will be dealers in the long run.  Good shops will outsell bad shops and the reputation factor will kick in.  We just need to send everyone who is buying, or considering the RE to this forum so they can get the straight dope ahead of time. 

Very nice Bike, Congrats!
Any other Enfields in New England?

meilaushi

• Grease Monkey
Reply #89 on: September 15, 2010, 08:23:06 pm
Man thats crazy!  But I like it! Like a combination of north and south. What would Yinz call , a long rolled samwich, with Italian lunch meats on it?
The Battleship and Destroyer calls it a "Battleship Sandwich" -- it's 3 feet long and filled to the gills with salami, ham, cheese, shredded lettuce, tomato slices and Italian salad dressing.  The "Destroyer" is only a foot long. Rick Seback, the Pittsburgh Video Historian has immortalized the place and the sandwiches in one of his 'Burgh videos on PBS.  But some at other foodie places call 'em Subs and some call 'em Hoagies.  .... Like, "Yinz wanna sub?"  "Yinz want some hoagies?" ;D

But the REAL other sandwich around here is the Primanti's sandwich--Whatever kind of meat etc. you want piled on a large square bun specially baked, with shredded lettuce, tomato slices, and a pile (yes a pile) of french fries on all that with the other piece of the square bun on top.  Stands 4-5" tall.  You can ask 'em to leave off the fries at Primanti Brothers, but they won't.  Signature Sandwich. Primanti's Pastrami Sandwich is to die for... or rather to ride yer bullet 25 miles for.  ;D
Ralph Meyer
2010 BMW F800ST