Author Topic: Value.  (Read 2342 times)

ALex.C.

• Neophyte
on: September 03, 2010, 03:54:45 pm
Hello to all,

I am writing because personal circumstances are forcing me to consider selling my RE but what offers I have had seem quite the pale compared to what I think she is worth. According to all the paper work she is 1966 Royal Enfield military Bullet 500 . I bought her from the seller for two pence and now want to know what you all think I could get if the worst came to be. It is in fine nick and only has some scratches to the paint work. It has had a full service run on it not a month past. Any thoughts are welcome. :'(

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 06:11:45 pm
$400 - 800, depends on looks anf if it runs.     

2 pence sounds like a good deal.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

Vince

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 01:00:09 am
     You should really verify what you have. A '66 350 in average running condition goes for about $800 at auction per the NADA vintage appraisal guide. HOWEVER... the only '66 500cc were made in India. If it is anything like we get here in the states, it is a "restored" mishmash put together to avoid import and smog compliance issues in the US and, presumably, Great Britain.  This would have no classic value. Retail would be less to anyone in the know.

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 06:55:22 pm
This is a joke ,right?
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.