Author Topic: Cannonball Baker would be proud  (Read 1348 times)

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
on: September 03, 2010, 01:29:53 pm
These guys are going coast to coast on pre 1916 motorcycles, if the route is close by, try to see these cool bikes. I hope to catch up them when they pass through Arkansas.
http://www.motorcyclecannonball.com/
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

DNash

• Idiot
  • Bulleteer
  • '01 Military - "Rocinante"
Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 07:22:38 pm
Indeed! I might have to see if I can rumble up to Hot Springs to catch these guys.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 08:47:28 pm
Man! - There are some KILLER vids on that site! A steamer, even .... WAY cool, dood ....!!!
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

rick505

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 11:03:55 pm
Yeah, I've been visiting the site for a bit now.  Believe they head right through Albuquerque.  Might be neat to obtain the actual route as it would have to be a great RE route if these are, what, pre 1915 bikes making the trip.  Hopefully a 2008 AVL could make it also. 

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 12:31:06 am
I think one of the old heaps should do nicely for that distance. Most of the fellows who've sweated blood over them to put them in top shape KNOW them - and they'll ride them accordingly ....... GENTLY! Modern oils, greases and a bit of modern technology IN the engines - as well as modern roads that are a FAR cry from the slightly improved goat paths that were highways in 1915 should help as well. I'd be all about it. In fact - I plan to ride my BSA to North Dakota - about a thousand mile round trip - when it's done to "prove the theory" ..... That ought to be a squall to do ..... If I could afford a lovely WCO Enfield, I'd do the same .....  ;D
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!