Author Topic: Engine management light  (Read 1771 times)

JohnofDelph

• Scooter
on: September 04, 2010, 08:34:47 am
I had a small but easily fixable problem with my Woodsman recently. It felt just like a two stroke fouling a plug and the engine management light would come on for a moment until the engine cleared. This happened several times until I realised that it only occurred when I had my tank bag fitted. I repositioned my bag so that it did not cover the filler cap and solved the problem! Somehow, the bag was restricting air getting into the fuel tank, eventually stopping the fuel flow. You live and learn! :)

SSR

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 01:18:32 pm
Some people who do long tours in Himalayas get a extra hole done on the tank to get more air.

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 03:00:41 pm
I had a small but easily fixable problem with my Woodsman recently. It felt just like a two stroke fouling a plug and the engine management light would come on for a moment until the engine cleared. This happened several times until I realised that it only occurred when I had my tank bag fitted. I repositioned my bag so that it did not cover the filler cap and solved the problem! Somehow, the bag was restricting air getting into the fuel tank, eventually stopping the fuel flow. You live and learn! :)

RE is a good teacher !  Don't learn anything from a Honda  ;)
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5