Author Topic: Federal laws suck!  (Read 15527 times)

Lahti35

• Currently Enfield-less!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • The Department of Redundancy Deptartment.
on: August 26, 2010, 06:32:10 pm
Excuse the rant...i'm a little miffed!

Bought an AK47 clone last week and the fun began..... Uncle Sammy wants it shipped between two FFL because i'm not smart enough to do it myself i guess. Its days like this I wish I ad a full blown FFL instead of just a C&R.

Anyway, went down to the local gunshop on Monday and gave him the sellers info so he could send out the FFL via fax.

Seller never got it. Ok back to the gunshop on Tuesday to get them to try again...no dice again.

Wednesday.... back to the gunshop again to have them send it via e-mail. I hang out 5 minutes and he says its all set. Talk to the seller today and the e-mail showed but no FFL attached >:(

Thursday..... Seller now needs another $30 on his end for his FFL, no mention of that til now >:( >:(

So anyway 4 days of workin' on it with some 6 different people involved and we've made zero progress. The gun was $650 but its going to be $770 by the time all the fees get tacked on. $120 to transfer a rifle From PA to MI?!?!

I wish I knew some of the local perps better...i could probably get one off the street for $150. Just another day for the Federal Gov keepin' the honest man honest and being totaly clueless about criminals :P

I'm seriously thinking about getting a refund and calling it good!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 06:34:14 pm by Lahti35 »
'03 Ex-Electric start 500....gone but not forgotten...

I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 07:31:56 pm
Might as well,  the EPA is about to outlaw the use of lead in firearms for health reasons anyway...
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 07:39:52 pm
What! I'm 68 and been shooting since I could heft one. Used to cast my own lead bullets for special shooting events (precautions taken with ventilation).

Let it go and improve the gene pool, Govt.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 09:16:33 pm
Yeah, gee ... I think the lead in the firearm ammo is SUPPOSED to f@#k you up ... am I right here? I personally don't lick bullets ..... and I SO agree that the gun laws in this country are SO ridiculous. You CAN own a full auto anything IF you have the money - or if you are hooked up with the right (wrong!) crowd .... but Paw-Paw can't go out and buy a .38 Special revolver to protect himself without a hassle .... Go Figger ....  >:(
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 10:55:42 pm
  But here's the kick..most ammo will probably be copper cast.  Now that'll really do some damage..increased range and knock down.  I like that end, but the cost will probably be over the top.  But my thought on that was you can't hunt with FMJ so what's the difference between them.  Copper cast..FMJ sound the same to me.

Call Cabelas or Sportsmans Guide quick and order a few bricks of ammo.
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

Lahti35

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 11:26:28 pm
Call Cabelas or Sportsmans Guide quick and order a few bricks of ammo.

Cashed in all my club points on ammo last week ;D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 12:08:13 am by Lahti35 »

I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 11:56:20 pm
That, they do!

I have a Yugoslavian M70AB underfolder(AK-type) in 7.62x39.
AK's are cool.

You can thank the Gun Control Act of 1968 for the prohibition on shipping guns direct from seller to customer without 2 FFL holders involved.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

oldsalt

• Bulleteer
Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 03:31:28 am
The lesson? 

Don't buy any wepon that isn't purchased from a private citizen.  The federal government that wants to take away our firearms will not have your name.

NEVER get a FFL or a Permit to Carry.  They will have your name when the time comes.  If you have a FFL your property can be serched AT ANY TIME without a probable cause or a writ!

Buy a good supply of primers and powder and slugs.  If lead is outlawed it is time to get a batch of 'depleated' uranium.  It's heavier than lead and does make for better projectiles. 

Buy a few pounds of black powder and some caps.  So far the left-wing do-gooders that wish to disarm us have not tightened up on black powder muzzleloaders.  My son ordered two .76 cal. [10 bore] rifle barrels yeaterday.  We are still allowed to build muzzleloaders without big brother's approval or knowledge.  Sales of potasium nitrate is now being restricted and sales watched by the government.   Get the picture?

-2006 Sixty-5
-1941 Knuckle
-Lotza Mini Bikes
-67 Triumph 500
-46 Hiawatha
-67 Triumph 650

Archersix

• Scooter
Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 04:16:20 am

We are still allowed to build muzzleloaders without big brother's approval or knowledge.  Sales of potasium nitrate is now being restricted and sales watched by the government.   Get the picture?

Not just muzzleloaders. You can legally build anything besides a machinegun if it is legal for you to own a firearm in the first place. You can just never sell any self built guns. Unless you have a Federal manufacturer's license.

I've got a single shot in .22 Hornet  I built many moons ago in gunsmithing school. I know of people who've built semi-autos .Unfortunately I don't have that much free time.....

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 03:30:22 pm
"Federal laws suck!"  Lahti

Amen, brother!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

Sam Simons

• Grease Monkey
Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 05:41:38 pm
"I'm seriously thinking about getting a refund......"

If you can get a full refund,do it......Then visit the gun shows and purchase one
from a private individual with one for sale-even if the cost matches what you
expect to pay now. The benefit-no documentation-and that is really what counts.....

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: August 27, 2010, 05:43:18 pm
I am so f'n sick of this left wing bs.I am ready to go somewhere else but love the country too much to leave it.I am not ready to die but I am not at all troubled by the fact that most of my life is behind me.It seems to me that since 1970,mostly bad news.I can forget most of it when I am busy or riding,still.I believe the anti gun fools are just biding their time at the moment.They need one more wingnut on the "Supreme" court to decide the issue.It is coming.We need to get rid of this once and for all,but how?

Lahti35

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 05:54:14 pm

If you can get a full refund,do it......Then visit the gun shows and purchase one
expect to pay now. The benefit-no documentation-and that is really what counts.....

Actauly Sam i was thinking i'd use the refund towards more GAZ69 goodies my soviet brutha from another mutha.

Its just out of control the more they try and control it.

I feel sorry for the poor souls who blindly think gun control is the answer to violence hands down. I just don't get the deep hate applied to guns and the almost total blindness to the real killer who pulls the trigger.

I went to school with a girl who thought every projectile launching thing powered by powder or rubber bands should be banned so people "wouldn't get hurt anymore"...

I bumped into her last year working for the cable company..... She now has 4 kids and a beard.

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 05:57:52 pm

How does a gun show work? You can just go in and buy from an individual directly? What about the ads in a newspaper? Same thing?
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: August 27, 2010, 07:08:50 pm

I feel sorry for the poor souls who blindly think gun control is the answer to violence hands down. I just don't get the deep hate applied to guns and the almost total blindness to the real killer who pulls the trigger.

I went to school with a girl who thought every projectile launching thing powered by powder or rubber bands should be banned so people "wouldn't get hurt anymore"...

I bumped into her last year working for the cable company..... She now has 4 kids and a beard.

Well, what is your solution to control gun related crime.

And, what about the 4 kids and a beard ??