Author Topic: Will it still be there I wonder  (Read 4027 times)

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
on: August 22, 2010, 04:40:36 pm
I left my RE under a sheet in the corner of the car park at the Royal Langkawi yacht club car park in Malaysia 8 weeks ago. My 66 AJS is next to it.

There is small plastic sheet over the AJS.

Its not even out of the rain but I took the mirrors of it to stop the monkeys from stealing them , god knows why they do that, they steal the valve caps also.

Battery still connected with a lock through the drilled disc, but its snakes when taking off the sheet that is the scary bit.

I expect it to be there.

I have no other choice, they wanted me to put it out on the road but I said no --or words to that effect.

Hey it only cost 2000 dollars from India 2 years ago, I guess its not the end of the world.

Ever left your bike in a funny place?  stressful ------init?

« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 04:45:36 pm by clamp »
I would never be a member of a cub that would have me as a member

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 05:08:00 pm
I've been kicked out of more than one motel for sneaking a bike in the room. Yeah it's stressful.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 06:43:33 pm
Br. Clampo, it's good to see you posting... and, oh yes, your RE and AJS will be there for you, man!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 07:02:28 pm
Hey Clamp, were your ears burning? People have been talking about you ... and some girls on the forum. I'm not sure if they were calling you a girl or saying you were hot for one. It could be nothing though, just forget it.....

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 07:45:05 pm
Something about a paternity suit......?   :o   ;)
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

jdrouin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 01:48:55 am
Something about a paternity suit......?   :o   ;)

I heard it was a birthday suit.

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 10:15:34 am
I think it will be there.

Just wonder how rusty is it?
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

fun2drum

• FUN 2 DRUM
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 11:42:06 am
Just a couple of months after I bought my Electra I was staying in Myrtle Beach, SC.  The hotel night manager told me and several other "bikers" that we should line up our bikes in front of the hotel in a no parking zone so they could free up parking spaces.  That was fine with all of us because we could just walk out the front door and there were our bikes.  That was all good.... until....
The next morning I heard shouting over the balcony outside and some guys were yelling down for them to leave their bikes alone.  It turned out that the next day's manager had called a towing company for the bikes to be removed because they were in a fire zone.  I had to go down and have words with that manager. 
Several of us, at that manager's suggestion, ended up parking our cars and motorcycles in the same parking space right next to the hotel to save parking spaces.  The funny thing is that whether we were in the car or the motorcycle, the space was still taken up by the other vehicle.  That tied up all the good parking spaces for the whole week.  One day I was getting out my bike and the door man came over to me laughing about it saying that he's never seen so many complaints coming to the desk about parking and there was nothing his boss could do about it.   Thanks Clamp for bringing back that parking memory.
The Family Fleet:
2008 Royal Enfield Electra
2002 Buell Blast
1973 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Convertible
...and a couple of boring and more practicle family vehicles that I won't mention here.

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 07:33:02 pm
but its snakes when taking off the sheet that is the scary bit.

Hmm... Sssnakes sssound like the perfect sssecurity sssystem.

I know.  That's not even remotely funny.
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 03:53:57 pm
Im having root canal surgery so I wont be going back for some time. Im in Thailand and I had 3 little Thai girl  dentist working on me at the same time. 
   Immaculate surgery and procedure ,--root and cap 20,000 baht

33 baht to the dollar.      Is that cheap?

Forgot about all the bike.

You know what!!!   they tickle your leg to divert you attention when initiating the first numming hypodermic.     Worked for me.

Going back Thursday  11 am for the next stage,----what RE?   who cares?

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 04:19:25 pm
Hmm... Sssnakes sssound like the perfect sssecurity sssystem.

I know.  That's not even remotely funny.

That'll work unless the place has Southern Baptists ..... THEY will get the snakes and dance around your bike WITH them! Hahaha!
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

RBHoge

• Old Bill
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 05:59:49 pm
Just a couple of months after I bought my Electra I was staying in Myrtle Beach, SC.  The hotel night manager told me and several other "bikers" that we should line up our bikes in front of the hotel in a no parking zone so they could free up parking spaces.  That was fine with all of us because we could just walk out the front door and there were our bikes.  That was all good.... until....
The next morning I heard shouting over the balcony outside and some guys were yelling down for them to leave their bikes alone.  It turned out that the next day's manager had called a towing company for the bikes to be removed because they were in a fire zone.  I had to go down and have words with that manager. 
Several of us, at that manager's suggestion, ended up parking our cars and motorcycles in the same parking space right next to the hotel to save parking spaces.  The funny thing is that whether we were in the car or the motorcycle, the space was still taken up by the other vehicle.  That tied up all the good parking spaces for the whole week.  One day I was getting out my bike and the door man came over to me laughing about it saying that he's never seen so many complaints coming to the desk about parking and there was nothing his boss could do about it.   Thanks Clamp for bringing back that parking memory.

Myrtle Beach has become notoriously "Biker unfriendly."
1972 Honda CB 450 Rufus, Murdered
1978 Triumph T-140 E, Sadly gone
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe Iron head, " Old Bill"
1971 Honda CB-100,"Kikuchiyo"-traded
O Day 20 Sailboat "Tempus Fugative"
1992 Mazda Miata "Lady Murisaki"250,00miles!
Too many Toys, what else is retirement for?

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 04:04:47 am
That'le be Harley bikers, noisy, ugly bikes with owners to match.

Tattoos, long hair , long beard with black dirty jeans with black shirt. Could you look more unfriendly?

Unfortunately there is a stigma attached to the Harley in this respect and some people buy them simply for this , in such a case they are not buying a bike but a  personality which they prob did not have previously.

Ille not mention the small penis thing but,----- it is the same thing.

I have a wimpy mate that had a Honda 200cc then he bought a softail standard. The guy immediately changed and was reluctant to  talk to me as I had a intruder 1400.

You know what the guy bought the waist coat before the bike was delivered,---I rest my case. Now he does'nt talk to me at all.

He fell off it once --I parked up and rushed over to see if his girl friend was Ok --she was but he was wiping his bike down and never asked her.

We have a word for these people and it rhymes with --banker!!!

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 04:10:30 am
Well, Br. Clampo, that guy is no gentleman!  How could he not check on his lady, first?  I once fought for a lady's honor, which is more than she ever did...   ;)
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 04:31:46 am
That'le be Harley bikers, noisy, ugly bikes with owners to match.

Tattoos, long hair , long beard with black dirty jeans with black shirt. Could you look more unfriendly?

Unfortunately there is a stigma attached to the Harley in this respect and some people buy them simply for this , in such a case they are not buying a bike but a  personality which they prob did not have previously.

Ille not mention the small penis thing but,----- it is the same thing.

I have a wimpy mate that had a Honda 200cc then he bought a softail standard. The guy immediately changed and was reluctant to  talk to me as I had a intruder 1400.

You know what the guy bought the waist coat before the bike was delivered,---I rest my case. Now he does'nt talk to me at all.

He fell off it once --I parked up and rushed over to see if his girl friend was Ok --she was but he was wiping his bike down and never asked her.

We have a word for these people and it rhymes with --banker!!!
I don't care for the " harley costum". I wouldn't mind finding a clean HD sporster with an up-right seating postion and foot pegs simular to a RE.
 Of course I'm only willing pay bargin basement prices for one.Thats why I still ride a RE.

Your "banker' friend might be willing to sale out....cheaply. Be ready for a good deal.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 07:37:41 pm
Im having root canal surgery so I wont be going back for some time. Im in Thailand and I had 3 little Thai girl  dentist working on me at the same time. 
   Immaculate surgery and procedure ,--root and cap 20,000 baht

33 baht to the dollar.      Is that cheap?

Forgot about all the bike.

You know what!!!   they tickle your leg to divert you attention when initiating the first numming hypodermic.     Worked for me.

Going back Thursday  11 am for the next stage,----what RE?   who cares?

$600,  I Paid $180 for my root canal, but I have dental insurance so I have no idea what the real cost here is...
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 07:40:49 pm
Wife said about 3 grand.