Author Topic: TOP SPEED?  (Read 7966 times)

Maturin

• Grand Gearhead
  • My Precious
Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 11:39:30 am
Your bike ran at 145 km/h, which is 91 mph.  Have you verified if the speedometer readings are accurate ?  It may be over estimating a bit.

You can verifiy by putting a GPS on the tank or handle and noting the readings on GPS and speedometer.    

In Germany we sometimes have display panels at the roads showing your current speed (people shall recognize that they´re speeding and stop to do so, that works surprisingly well). These instruments are calibrated and well suited to verify your speedo  ;)
So I can say that my speedo shows exactly the same differences like yours, Singh. I guess my 145 km/h I saw on my display are true 85 miles. No wind, no incline, only the skull retracted a bit  ;D
2010 G5
A Garage without a Bullet is a empty, barren hole.

When acellerating the tears of emotion must flow off horizontally to the ears.
Walter Röhrl

csbdr

• Bulleteer
Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 07:37:31 pm
I've had mine up to 95mph on the dial...who knows what that really is.  Probably closer to 85-90 by what's above.  That's on the highway, straight line travel, noone around, no wind, downhill, chin on the speedo, feet on the passenger pegs, everything tucked in, WOT.  About as ideal of conditions as you could ask for. And scary as all hell.  Can't wait to try it agin with the new pipe!  ;D

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #17 on: August 19, 2010, 09:11:21 pm
Is that G5 or C5?

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #18 on: August 19, 2010, 09:28:14 pm
Is that G5 or C5?

MUST have been a G5 - A C5 would surely have tossed the rider at that frequenc ... er, ah ..... SPEED! Hahaha! Sorry to all - I just HAD to do that to relieve some of the stress of "wobble chasing" ..... You know what they say - "If you can't laugh .... "  ;)

That is a pretty heady speed tho ..... I don't think my "mule" would get there - the (lightweight) Missus says that she "signs off" on the rev limiter at about 90 indicated with her on it. My fat arse takes a whopping three mph off of that .... I'm just not as AERO as she is - that's it ....... but at 185 I'm 60 pounds heavier .......
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 10:10:23 pm
He rides a C5,  ;D
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 10:15:00 pm
Heeheehee! - Must be one of the GOOD test mules ......  ::)

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: August 20, 2010, 02:29:36 am
Oh boy, gotta laugh, how could I  not try to sort this out, or ditch the bike, with a crowd like this?
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #22 on: August 20, 2010, 11:47:03 am
The pressure must be enormous! Hahaha!  ::)

csbdr

• Bulleteer
Reply #23 on: August 20, 2010, 12:19:02 pm
Definately a "good" C5!