Author Topic: Back in the forum, back in the hunt!  (Read 2801 times)

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
on: August 11, 2010, 03:24:01 am
Three weeks ago I sold my Moto-Guzzi Nevada 750 and presumed I was done motorcycling.  I had run out of roads to ride, so to speak.  Hey, I even contemplated getting a Giant electric-assist bicycle.

Some of you will remember me from my busy posting times here before signing off over a year ago.  I almost bought an Electra-X from Vince in 2008 but declined after the final test ride.  I told Vince that if his shop was in Seattle and not 50 miles away I would have bought it.

WELL, last week my wife called me in to listen to the motorcycle being ridden in some travel show from India.  That reawakened my interest in thumpers. 

THEN, this morning while lurking on this site I checked the dealer location and found much to my delight that Ducati Seattle is now a RE dealer!  That's only 5 miles from home.  OMG!  Anyway, I called them and set up a test ride. 

More on that later.

A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 03:30:20 am
Just when you think you are out, you get dragged back in. C5 or G5?
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 03:45:26 am
Dang, I was  just thinking about you the other day and was going to ask what happened to you.
Why did you get rid of the Guzzi? How did it hold up? Do you think you could be happy with an Enfield after owning the Nevada?
The reason I ask, I've been giving thought to going the other direction: selling the Enfield and getting a 750 Guzzi.
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 03:56:51 am
My Ducati Monster 800 got totaled about 6 weeks ago by a little old lady while parked.  I took the insurance money and bought a C5.  I'm very happy :)

Scott

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 04:50:11 am
Dang, I was  just thinking about you the other day and was going to ask what happened to you.

Why did you get rid of the Guzzi? How did it hold up? Do you think you could be happy with an Enfield after owning the Nevada?
The reason I ask, I've been giving thought to going the other direction: selling the Enfield and getting a 750 Guzzi.

I just edited my reply and attached it to your Guzzi Open House thread on the Campfire site.

In brief, I got tired of the Moto Guzzi Nevada 750.  I just found other things to do.

My test ride today was very positive.  I'll post a report later.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 06:50:10 am by prof_stack »

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 06:25:23 am
I remember your posts. Welcome back prof_stack. 

You missed a good time at the get together.

pm inbound.

-Ice
No matter where you go, there, you are.

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 04:49:41 am
I asked my good Moto Guzzi friend, the owner of the local shop, if he had heard that Royal Enfields are now in Seattle.  He said that he was approached earlier by a RE rep who was interested in having him sell the RE's. 

He said that his shop is too small to bring in another marquee.  I agree, but it's too bad.  Moto International is about the best small shop you will find anywhere.