Author Topic: Choke/high idle friction  (Read 2824 times)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
on: August 01, 2010, 03:24:23 pm
Or lack thereof.  The lever on my bike moves but doesn't stay where I put it.  What do I have to tighten?

Scott

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 03:28:20 pm
I just held it in place for a few seconds when the bike was new, I haven't used it in a very long time, doesn't seem to need it anymore.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
  • It takes a villiage to raise an idiot.....
Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 03:44:16 pm
Mine does the same thing,  I have only used it once, really do not seem to need it, at least while the weather is warm.  If it does not stick in the enriched position then you have no fear of leaving it on and spewing black smoke and fowling plugs... ;D

Sorta' like having to listen to the decompressor.......just one of those things....
Any other Enfields in New England?

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 06:16:15 pm
Hold it down with your thumb scotty, you should hear the idle increase after a few seconds. when you let go it should return up, to the off position. The idea is you hold on to it for a few to warm up the bike. Like the boys said though, i've rarely used it, only on cold days, or if the bike has been sitting for a while."Manual Bi-Starter" it's called.Can't find any adjustment proceedure in the book,but as long as it's doing the above, you should be good.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 06:44:19 pm by gashousegorilla »
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Sub

• Bob's Your Uncle
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2010 Black Bullet C5
Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 12:59:13 am
Yup, mine doesnt stay either - I guess this is the design. My dealer said it was only for really cold mornings. I have held it a few times during break-in just to keep it from stalling. Now that my bike is a bit worn in, I dont have that idle problem..

Ragmas

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 01:11:25 am
Mine snaps back also.  Occasionally I oull it down if the idle is too low but the sam e can be accomplished with a slight twist on the throttle.

Sam
2009 G-5 Military
Little Falls, NY

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 02:11:03 pm
I actually read the manual and it says it may be necessary to 'press and hold' the manual bi starter for a minimum of one minute' on cold starts.  I just hope my 'trafficators' are ok after all of that.

Scott

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 04:38:52 pm
Yea, LOL !, don't forget to go" Anti-clock-wise" and keep your " oil tank" full. :D
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Ragmas

• Grease Monkey
Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 12:12:34 pm
" Anti-clock-wise"

"Widdershins"   ;)

Sam
2009 G-5 Military
Little Falls, NY