Author Topic: Service in Los Angeles  (Read 1942 times)

VeniceBeachBullet

• Scooter
  • G5 with mods.
on: August 01, 2010, 08:41:00 pm
Hello One and All,

There are now two dealers in Los Angeles, but neither are set up for service.  Does anyone know of a place I can take my G5 and have the work done under its warrantee?

CA90290

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 10:18:21 pm
I am waiting patiently to buy a G5 in the Los Angeles area and have visited South Bay Triumph and NoHo Scooters.  I have also placed a phone call to Doug Douglas Motorcycles.

The person at Noho did not seemed interested in Royal Enfields and seemed annoyed that the owner was going to handle them.  He knew nothing about how service or parts would be handled and the shop did not look too impressive.  Supposedly, they has 6 deposits, but have had to refund 4 of them since they still have no bikes to sell.  I did meet the owner at the Venice Vintage event and of course he was big on the bikes in that particular setting and seemed eager to please.

The folks at South Bay seemed excited about Royal Enfield and their operation looks like they know a whole lot about motorcycles especially how to make them go fast.  I  was told by the owner (again at the Venice Vintage event) that if I emailed him I could find out what allocations were available.  I did that and got no reply. 

Lastly, when I called Doug Douglas Mortorcycles I was told only one person there knew anything and they would call me back.  That never happened.

I am beginning to think that doing it yourself or going to a good local shop will be the way to go after warranty is up since there is no close dealership so far.  Venice area (Lincoln Blvd) is big on motorcycles.  It would be nice to see a RE dealership come on board there in the near future.

As for now, I will visit Doug Douglas and then pick one of them for my purchase cause no matter how good or bad they are I'm still getting one!!!

CMB

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 01:21:14 am
Hey CA90290. I'm a Doug Douglas customer in the San Bernardino area, and I'm waiting for a G5 as well. I don't know why they didn't call you back. Here Art's email address - he's one of the owners. art@douglasmotorcycles.com

VeniceBeachBullet: I don't think there's anyone in California that can do warranty work on your bike since California doesn't officially have any RE dealers yet. Email Art and see what he can do for you.

CA90290

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 02:48:33 am
CMB - Thanks for the email; I will contact Art.

Did you put a deposit down and were you able to pick your color and classic versus deluxe?  I was told that dealers would know or be able to find out what their specific allocation would be so they could reserve a requested bike with a deposit.

I have not been to Doug Douglas, but they have a good reputation.  Have you any experience with them or can you comment on general impression from being a customerm?

CMB

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 05:04:24 am
I've had nothing but good experiences with them. I've been a customer for almost a year - bought a 2010 Thunderbird (the Triumph kind, not the Ford). I had emailed them looking for a quote, and the salesman, Daniel, asked me to stop by - like they all do. When I did, I asked Daniel what kind of deal he could do for me, and he went in the back room for what seemed like a half an hour, and I'm thinking "Here we go... normal auto dealer tactics." So he comes back out and says, "If you're serious we'll knock off a thousand bucks." I was impressed and I bought the bike. I've also bought a ton of accessories there.

And hopefully a brand new black G5 deluxe! Yes, I have money down on one. However it is contingent on the bike being okayed by CARB. Last I heard (and this is third-party so it might not be true) is that CARB wanted RE to ship them a California equipped bike to they could eye-ball it. I'd say we're looking at waiting ANOTHER month before they can actually sell bikes.

If you do go to Doug Douglas, don't be put-off by the way the place looks on the outside. It's an old garage stuck in the middle of an old residential neighborhood - I'll just say it has some character.