Author Topic: My C5 accessory blog..  (Read 16826 times)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #45 on: July 03, 2011, 07:48:54 am
You can use various chrome polishes, Blue Job has been mentioned here as quite good.  You can remove some or all of the discoloration BUT it will almost surely come back.  It almost always does.  I'm surprised to see it that far back from the head.  Next to the exhaust port it's so hot almost everything discolors.  That far back things are usually cooler and don't show so many problems.

Scott

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #46 on: July 03, 2011, 12:38:09 pm
The head pipe is double walled. That's why it barely discolors. The single wall muffler is not so lucky. My original muff, the upswept and the Harley muffler all discolored. Probably the best solution would be to ceramic coat the inside of the muffler. I once used a coating that looked like mud and closed up much of the pipe. Can't recommend that one.

Sub

• Bob's Your Uncle
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2010 Black Bullet C5
Reply #47 on: July 03, 2011, 03:53:09 pm
Ah, I see. I'll give that stuff a try..I wonder what the full exhaust would look like powdercoated  black.

St. Beardface

• Scooter
Reply #48 on: September 22, 2011, 01:19:14 am
I have searched the Internet and cannot find the ace air filter you decided not to use. Do you have a link to it? Or brand name or something.

I would make my own like you did, but I don't have time right now. Maybe some time this winter.

St. Beardface

• Scooter
Reply #49 on: September 22, 2011, 01:33:54 am
I have searched the Internet and cannot find the ace air filter you decided not to use. Do you have a link to it? Or brand name or something.

I would make my own like you did, but I don't have time right now. Maybe some time this winter.

Never mind, I found them in the most obvious place.... The nfield gear store....  :P
Sold out though.
 I like the way you mounted yours. They have theirs mounted vertical.  http://nfieldgear.com/enfield-store/ace-air-canister.html

St. Beardface

• Scooter
Reply #50 on: September 22, 2011, 01:34:25 am
Posted my reply twice
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 01:37:09 am by St. Beardface »

Sub

• Bob's Your Uncle
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2010 Black Bullet C5
Reply #51 on: September 22, 2011, 04:42:09 am
Beard, they dont make them anymore. In fact, they never did for the c5, it was a previous gen accessory.

I've seen one and its just a piece of rubber pipe with a screw collar and a plumbing section from the hardware store (4"through piece with a smaller side outlet), then they use a filter and cap just like mine from a auto parts store.. its probably $25 in parts. They also spray paint it black and made some mounts from pieces of metal.

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #52 on: September 22, 2011, 02:11:04 pm
PM this guy about those things..

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1119

I do not think they are designed for the new bikes but I think someone on this or Aces forum was talking about fitting one.  I do not know what is going on with it though.
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

Monty

• Scooter
Reply #53 on: October 01, 2011, 04:12:16 pm
Sub

Great looking bike, thanks for the thread.  can you post a link or tell me where you got your pillion seat?  How is the ride, still comfortable?  I want a C5 but can only get one, if I get a good comfortable pillion seat for it.

thanks

Sub

• Bob's Your Uncle
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2010 Black Bullet C5
Reply #54 on: October 01, 2011, 04:34:00 pm
The pillion is very comfy although it is firmly padded, it was commented it was the most comfortable I've had so far. It has a bit of shape to it and its very wide. Its called a Butty Buddy and I bought it on ebay.

St. Beardface

• Scooter
Reply #55 on: October 04, 2011, 06:41:46 am
Beard, they dont make them anymore. In fact, they never did for the c5, it was a previous gen accessory.

I've seen one and its just a piece of rubber pipe with a screw collar and a plumbing section from the hardware store (4"through piece with a smaller side outlet), then they use a filter and cap just like mine from a auto parts store.. its probably $25 in parts. They also spray paint it black and made some mounts from pieces of metal.

Well, I got the bike last Tuesday and it rained the rest of the week. Went to the inlaws for the weekend, got back yesterday. Today, finally I got a chance to mess around with the bike. Side mount license plate/brake light, hidden rear turn signals, rear fender chop. Took the front fender off. Bar end mirrors. I ordered a lower profile seat from a guy on eBay.... I should have taken pictures of all of this. Hiding the wiring was the hardest part, and my brake light science project to find out what wire color does what.  (By the way it's black-ground, grey-running, green-brake).

Oh well, now I've got all day Tuesday to wander the hardware store for possible air filter canisters.  :D

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #56 on: October 04, 2011, 07:24:46 am
If you didn't take pics along the way at least give us pics of the finished product :)

Sub

• Bob's Your Uncle
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2010 Black Bullet C5
Reply #57 on: October 04, 2011, 03:43:30 pm
Ya lets see pics.. You should start a blog too! :)

St. Beardface

• Scooter
Reply #58 on: October 05, 2011, 05:18:25 am
Ya lets see pics.. You should start a blog too! :)

I took some today as I was getting the rear fender situated and making the air filter, I've got to make a bracket for it so it sits lower, my plumbing fixture hose connection is about an inch lateral from where it needs to connect. I will post a new blog tomorrow. I can't upload pictures from my iPad and my computer is about 8 years old and doesn't listen to me anymore.

I made the canister out of a 4" plumbing cap and went to the auto parts store and guess what size air filter they had? 4". I drilled the holes and painted it the matching red. It looks sweet. Did the whole thing for about $30 for parts, also for a hole drill bit and epoxy.

St. Beardface

• Scooter
Reply #59 on: October 06, 2011, 06:49:01 am
I took some today as I was getting the rear fender situated and making the air filter, I've got to make a bracket for it so it sits lower, my plumbing fixture hose connection is about an inch lateral from where it needs to connect. I will post a new blog tomorrow. I can't upload pictures from my iPad and my computer is about 8 years old and doesn't listen to me anymore.

I made the canister out of a 4" plumbing cap and went to the auto parts store and guess what size air filter they had? 4". I drilled the holes and painted it the matching red. It looks sweet. Did the whole thing for about $30 for parts, also for a hole drill bit and epoxy.

Sorry for being a lier. After doing yard work all afternoon I made it to the shop and got the air filter on and took some pictures with my real camera, not my phone. I will post them first thing tomorrow.