Author Topic: Looking For Some Decent Pictures And Info On The Indian Apache  (Read 12871 times)

bill440cars

• Scooter

I've looked several time for some good pictures and info on the Indian Apache and only thing I've found is a brochure that is supposed to be the 57' year models and it's not! The Apache ended up with the rear fender mounted to go up and down with the swing arm. The first ones were not done that way. In my opinion, the 57' was the best looking Apache made. It has a better cleaner look to me! Anyone have access to this stuff or know where I could pull it up? Appreciate any leads. ;)

Later on, Bill :) ;)

rotorwrench

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 12:07:03 am
Phil at www.re-indian.com in Australia is an avid collector of the RE/Indian badged machines. He has the Indian Sales Corp brochures posted on his web-site if you want to check those out.  I have a 1957 Apache that is still in a basket at this time but it had the same rear fender support as the Tomahawk 500 twin accept it had aluminum fenders which have long since gone. Most were replaced with the chrome plated steel types used later on the Interceptor models and some of the single models. The rear fender on my 59 Apache was replaced with a super meteor set up due to broken fender suports. I have yet to see a 58 or 59 that has the swing arm mounted fender. I think they just got beat to death by all the road vibration. The dual seat suports usually broke due to no fender to rest on so a lot of the dual seats went in the dumpster as well.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 07:12:08 pm by rotorwrench »

bill440cars

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 10:09:18 pm
Phil at www.re-indian.com in Australia is an avid collector of the RE/Indian badged machines. He has the Indian Sales Corp brochures posted on his web-site if you want to check those out.  I have a 1957 Apache that is still in a basket at this time but it had the same rear fender support as the Tomahawk 500 twin accept it had aluminum fenders which have long since gone. Most were replaced with the chrome plated steel types used later on the Interceptor models and some of the single models. The rear fender on my 59 Apache was replaced with a super meteor set up due to broken fender suports. I have yet to see a 58 or 59 that has the swing arm mounted fender. I think they just got beat to death by all the road vibration. The dual seat suports usually broke due to no fender to rest on so a lot of the dual seats went in the dumpster as well.

Thanks, I'll check out Phil's web-site son as I can. Your Apache is the one I really liked. I remember thinking just how stupid that rear fender looked, when they were mounted n the swingarm' and couldn't figure out why they'd do such a thing. I don't know that I ever saw an Apache with a Super Meteor rear fender, but I can understand the swap though. I think I'd have tried to find the parts (maybe be able to build a setup) for the 57' type mount.  Now, I did know of a Tomahawk with a set of TrailBlazer fenders except, it didn't have the Indian head fender ornament on it. Pretty nice looking. Seems like it also had the pipes and mufflers mounted like the TrailBlazer also. Thanks for the reply and the info.

Later on, Bill :) ;)