Author Topic: A**Hat on a bike gets a ticket, WTF is wrong with those people up there...  (Read 6409 times)

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
YOu notice that happened in the Peoples Republic of Maryland ..... It would NOT have happened next door in West Virginia .... otherwise some jackass blocking the road with his car and getting out with a gun would have been shot between the eyes ...... That wife-beater is lucky that he works in a state where getting a carry permit is almost impossible. I wonder if his wife pissed him off before he went to work - and that's why he had to "bare his teeth" and show the rider what a manly man he was ..... I'd have shot his ass .......  >:(
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

Bullet.wagon

• Grease Monkey
If that was tried here in Texas... would have been a gun battle,...badges first please!
2005 RE Military
2000 RE 350

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
NOW I get why bikers wear kevlar.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 10:08:27 pm by boggy »
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

blueberry

• Bulleteer
The police officer has no idea why this guy is speeding. Here we can dial 4 numbers to get the State Troopers while on the road. Did someone call when he was doing 127 mph? Was there police aircraft watching?  I think they are going way overboard by charging him with wiretap and I think he will win because the intent to wiretap was not there. Now, can the police give him more tickets based on the video? If they can he can be in it a lot deeper than if he didn't post it. The police will probably drop the wiretap charge in the end anyway if they know they can get him on all the infractions he committed.
I was pulled over on the turnpike towing my new trailer home. The Trooper placed herself in my blind spot on the passenger side with her hand on her gun. Keeping both hands visible I handed her all my paperwork. She checked it out and told me they were chasing a stolen trailer. She thanked me for pulling over right away and for keeping both of my hands where she could see them.
Ride Safe, Blueberry
2008 Electra
1985 Honda 250 Rebel
1970 Honda SL90

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
"......The Trooper placed herself in my blind spot on the passenger side with her hand on her gun. Keeping both hands visible I handed her all my paperwork. She checked it out and told me they were chasing a stolen trailer. She thanked me for pulling over right away and for keeping both of my hands where she could see them......"

".....He jumped out of a car waving a gun and shouting like a mad person. Not a uniform with a gun. Just a bloke with a gun, jumping out of a car and shouting......"

you can probably spot the difference here  --   yes?

;)
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

blueberry

• Bulleteer
I can, but I was not running at 127 mph, or doing wheelstands in my pickup. I'm sure if I made any kind of move or she couldn't see my hands the gun would have come out. After all she was chasing a stolen trailer and didn't know who I was or my intent. The biker was backing up as the cop got out. I'm not saying the cop is right but the biker was riding (IMO) like a moron on a public road putting peoples lives in danger. A husband/father riding like that on a public road is looking to make his wife a widow and his kids fatherless. I was trying to give an example on how both parties should act during a traffic stop. I find it hard to think a police officer would pull a gun just for simple speeding. I think he had a lot more info. on how this man was riding before he stopped him. Since I do not know all the facts I will reserve my opinion on the police officers actions but I still think the man rides like a moron. Just my opinion.
Ride Safe, Blueberry
2008 Electra
1985 Honda 250 Rebel
1970 Honda SL90

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
"....biker was riding (IMO) like a moron on a public road putting peoples lives in danger....."

No argument with that from me. Here's where I get concerned:
No uniform. No police car. Waving a gun. Shouting like a maniac.
You assume the training will kick in at such moments. There must be training I suppose for moments such as these? A bloke driving recklessly on a bike, that is, not some mad gunman with hostages or anything. It ought not to be all that difficult to hold back on all that Dirty Harry stuff which makes some of these pricks want to be coppers and get a free gun and the unearned upper hand in any situation they might just not be in the mood for that day.
I'm not talking about policemen in general. Please understand that. Just this particular arsehole with the gun and the shouting and the repressed inadequacy thing.

blueberry

• Bulleteer
I beg to differ. He did not wave the gun around or shout, IMO. He did what his training taught him to do. I watched a few more videos after that one and saw police point their guns after chases. This police officer drew his gun properly, to the side to avoid an accidental shooting. Once he saw there was no danger he holstered his gun without ever pointing it at him. I think the wire tap will go away because the rider had no intent to record the police officer and could not turn off the camera with his hands up. The traffic charges will stand and if the police can use the video to add charges they will. Its going to cost a lot of $$$$ and maybe the loss of his license. He could have lost his life. The 2nd dumbest thing he did was to post that video. You gotta know when to hold em, and know when when to fold em. You gotta be tough if your gonna be dumb. And no, I'm not a police officer, and I don't play one on tv. Just my poinion
Ride Safe, Blueberry
2008 Electra
1985 Honda 250 Rebel
1970 Honda SL90

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
Opinions is all it is my friend. Your opinion. My opinion.
It's not a winning it thing. It's opinions is all it is.

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Yeah, but did he accuse him of" High Speed Shenanigans?" :D
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

blueberry

• Bulleteer
Right on WillW, right on.
Ride Safe, Blueberry
2008 Electra
1985 Honda 250 Rebel
1970 Honda SL90

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead

she·nan·i·gan [ shə nánnigən ] (plural she·nan·i·gans)
noun  

Definition:

1. questionable act: something that is deceitful, underhanded, or otherwise questionable ( usually used in the plural )

2. trick or prank: a playful trick, mischievous prank, or other display of high spirits

[Mid-19th century. Origin ?]

Online dictionary.  

Articulate copper. Clever and armed.....   :o  ;)  :D

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Whats more disturbing then these two yo-yo's ( cop and cyclist) , is the state of Maryland raiding the dum cyclelist house and confiscating his computer for post on U-tube.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

blueberry

• Bulleteer
The state took his computer as evidence. IMO the state is busting his chops for posting the video
Ride Safe, Blueberry
2008 Electra
1985 Honda 250 Rebel
1970 Honda SL90

catastrophe

• Bulleteer
  • Love the ride, live the life.
Well living in Maryland I can tell you I've been pulled over for speeding in my car 6 times and once I got a ticket. I went to court for buying alcohol for my younger brother and all charges were dropped... no lawyer needed. I even was pulled over driving home after a party open whiskey bottle in car (against the law) and five drunk people, and the let us go after pouring out the drink. All in all their mostly good guys here in MD.
from 69' Beetle to 09' Bullet more than a fair trade.