Author Topic: Question on Maximum RPM's  (Read 11783 times)

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
  • It takes a villiage to raise an idiot.....
Reply #30 on: July 30, 2010, 09:32:29 pm
Does it take into account ambient temperature and sprocket wear? ;D
Any other Enfields in New England?

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #31 on: July 30, 2010, 10:05:54 pm
Ambient temperature is important, but don't forget the moon phase and star position.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #32 on: July 31, 2010, 05:12:36 am
And you need your horoscope and your bikes.  Don't be foolish, the bikes birthday is the day it rolled off the line and NOT the day you bought it.  I can't tell you how many times I've had people get that wrong!

Scott

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
Reply #33 on: July 31, 2010, 11:37:23 am
the bikes birthday is the day it rolled off the line and NOT the day you bought it.  I can't tell you how many times I've had people get that wrong

Good 'un,    heh heh heh..

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #34 on: July 31, 2010, 01:26:04 pm
And you need your horoscope and your bikes.  Don't be foolish, the bikes birthday is the day it rolled off the line and NOT the day you bought it.  I can't tell you how many times I've had people get that wrong!

Scott
Oh no, I gave the Stygian Witches the wrong date! Man are they gonna be mad at me.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #35 on: August 01, 2010, 01:10:38 am
I went online to search for Gear Calculators.  I found several that are not worth a darn, but this one looked pretty good. The creator allows you to enter data for Bikes that he did not list. You can also change the data to do "what ifs".

The entire site seems to be down except for this one page, so I don't know how long it will last.  But I entered the data for the C5 as I know it.  If you click the drop down menu at the top left Royal Enfield is the last bike on the list.

Numbers calculated at this website are spot on closer to yours than mine.

http://woodsware.aciwebs.com/gears/gears.asp

So I guess my question has been answered and I know where the tick marks go... :)
I went to this site that you have posted in the link.  Saw the data you had entered for C5 and it also showed the table of RPMs and speed etc.  Was interesting. 

Sounds like the BMW crowd is moving into the neighborhood.

Ernie:  RE is metamorphosing into A B  M   W   ;D   Keep the calculator handy.
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Reply #36 on: August 01, 2010, 09:13:02 am
".....I went to this site that you have posted in the link.  Saw the data you had entered for C5 and it also showed the table of RPMs and speed etc.  Was interesting...."

Agreed. And reassuring to discover that I habitually ride well within the most efficient torque range, even when I think I've been pushing it a bit..! One possible exception was when for no reason other than brain fade-out I changed down when I meant to change up!   :o
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
Reply #37 on: August 01, 2010, 03:06:43 pm
".....I went to this site that you have posted in the link.  Saw the data you had entered for C5 and it also showed the table of RPMs and speed etc.  Was interesting...."

Agreed. And reassuring to discover that I habitually ride well within the most efficient torque range, even when I think I've been pushing it a bit..! One possible exception was when for no reason other than brain fade-out I changed down when I meant to change up!   :o

That my new friends was exactly the reason that I wanted to go through the excercise.  I want to ride in the most efficient power range.  Particulary when I have the Sidecar on.