Author Topic: 1957 indian infield 750  (Read 14348 times)

pancho

• Scooter
on: December 31, 2007, 12:31:26 am
i have a guy that wants to sell me a frame and motor i do not know much about this type of bike any help would be thank full, or what is something like this worth. also if you have any info to help me thanks
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 11:13:11 pm by pancho »

bill440cars

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 01:53:21 am

Hey pancho. Not enough info to go on. I do need to tell you though that IF it is a stock 57', it should be a 700cc instead of a 750. I don't have a clue myself, about the value (or what you should have to give for it) but, it would help if you had some pictures and/or some info (is the motor complete, does it turn over, does it have compression, etc).   

Later on, Bill :) ;)

pancho

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 01:08:42 pm
I will have more info on all this today before lunch thank you. OK here it is the #s I got off all 3  the first is HDL650 and SM2109 and 7T4139 // the next is SM4450 and R under that and HDS340 the last motor is SM5373 and P under that and HDO728 thats all on motors the fram # is 6364  AND SINGLE DOWN TUBE IF THIS WILL HELP ANYONE OUT THER TO TELL ME WHAT I HAVE THANK YOU ALL TWIN CYLINDER
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 11:26:29 pm by pancho »

rotorwrench

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 05:14:06 pm
It looks like you have parts from several machines. The SM engine with the 7T frame is an Indian Trailblazer 700cc from 1957 or there abouts. The other SMR engine is an Apache 700cc and the SMP engine is a Chief 700cc model starting in 1958. The 4 digit frame number begining with 6 could be for just about any 1958/59 model depending on whether it has studs on the rear shock mounts or not. The HDO prefix with number is for a transmission.

If any of these bikes came with wheels or sheet metal such as fenders, tool boxes, or tanks then I'd say you have a fair basis for a restoration. If not then most people wouldn't give much for them. I paid 450 bucks recently for a complete 59 Apache engine, primary guts, and transmission. Frames might be worth around 150 to 250 for someone that needs a specific model to mach an engine they might have. Many parts are available for these models from several sources including our host but they will add up to big bucks quickly if you don't have much to start with. Sheet metal is the hardest stuff to find unless you want to build one with non stock parts to look more like a Super Meteor, Constellation, or Interceptor model.

The prices lately for a complete machine of this vintage is anywhere from 4000 to 8000 bucks depending on condition.

pancho

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 06:58:46 pm
First I want to thank you for your reply that will help me alot with the offer and I think the only sheet metal might be a rear fender that is on the frame I will be getting more info on these items later today, and I really dont think i will be needing of this because I just got a call from a friend for me to purchase his bike but I am going to see what kind of deal this guy will give me Thanks again for all the help.