HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

My Bullet 350 in the Kangra dist. of Himachal Pradesh, India.

in
Members Rides

NField Gear

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2016, 06:49:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anyone put a TriBar light on G5?  (Read 616 times)

WillW

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Anyone put a TriBar light on G5?
« on: July 15, 2010, 03:49:46 pm »
Has anyone fitted the Tri Bar headlight to a G5? Is it a straight replacement with regard to wiring, fixing to the original rim etc, and is it the same depth - there's a lot of stuff crammed into that housing already.
I'm referring to the Adjure 7" Tri Bar as supplied by Nfield Gear. I've found a UK supplier, but a bit wary of buying into a weekend's worth of fiddling and modifying, and vehicle electrics is a black art of which I am afeared. ???  So, specifically, does it fit straight on and just plug straight in? Half hour job? Or is there gruesome stuff which isn't mentioned in the ad? :(
Lovely looking light, so here's hoping...... :)
2010 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)  -  fully Hitchcocked

2004 Kawasaki W650      (gone but not forgotten...)
~ the best british bike they never made ~

DaBulletMan

• Neophyte
  • Old School Is the Best School
Re: Anyone put a TriBar light on G5?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 06:29:12 am »
Mine fit right in... Just had to bend the prongs down... Snug fit but no problem... Looks great...

Mine has a Halo circle at night and had to ride with bright Light on to see road... I think more for show than usability... I put original back in for night riding... Hope this helps...
Gotta Go New Old School or Don't Go... :{)>

WillW

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Re: Anyone put a TriBar light on G5?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 09:26:25 am »
Thanks. Was that the Adjure light? (same as NField Gear one) The UK supplier lists it as DOT approved and I was hoping, apart from looking good on the bike, it would improve night time visibility. I've read good reports elsewhere for night riding, although some say the beam is aimed a bit high.

Quote from UK site  -  "Not just great looking, but a real improvement in nighttime riding. Using a 55/60 Watt halogen bulb, these headlights project a strong white beam uniquely directed by a diamond shape reflector. Resulting in a focused fan of light, eliminating the dark center usually associated with the use of halogen bulbs."

Also just found this  -  www.atvconnection.com/Features/Product_Reviews/adjureheadlight.cfm

sounds pretty good to me
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 10:14:26 am by WillW »
2010 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)  -  fully Hitchcocked

2004 Kawasaki W650      (gone but not forgotten...)
~ the best british bike they never made ~