Author Topic: Anyone put a TriBar light on G5?  (Read 1673 times)

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
on: July 15, 2010, 09:49:46 pm
Has anyone fitted the Tri Bar headlight to a G5? Is it a straight replacement with regard to wiring, fixing to the original rim etc, and is it the same depth - there's a lot of stuff crammed into that housing already.
I'm referring to the Adjure 7" Tri Bar as supplied by Nfield Gear. I've found a UK supplier, but a bit wary of buying into a weekend's worth of fiddling and modifying, and vehicle electrics is a black art of which I am afeared. ???  So, specifically, does it fit straight on and just plug straight in? Half hour job? Or is there gruesome stuff which isn't mentioned in the ad? :(
Lovely looking light, so here's hoping...... :)
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

DaBulletMan

• Scooter
  • Old School Is the Best School
Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 12:29:12 pm
Mine fit right in... Just had to bend the prongs down... Snug fit but no problem... Looks great...

Mine has a Halo circle at night and had to ride with bright Light on to see road... I think more for show than usability... I put original back in for night riding... Hope this helps...
Gotta Go New Old School or Don't Go... :{)>

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 03:26:25 pm
Thanks. Was that the Adjure light? (same as NField Gear one) The UK supplier lists it as DOT approved and I was hoping, apart from looking good on the bike, it would improve night time visibility. I've read good reports elsewhere for night riding, although some say the beam is aimed a bit high.

Quote from UK site  -  "Not just great looking, but a real improvement in nighttime riding. Using a 55/60 Watt halogen bulb, these headlights project a strong white beam uniquely directed by a diamond shape reflector. Resulting in a focused fan of light, eliminating the dark center usually associated with the use of halogen bulbs."

Also just found this  -  www.atvconnection.com/Features/Product_Reviews/adjureheadlight.cfm

sounds pretty good to me
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 04:14:26 pm by WillW »
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)