Author Topic: 2010 Rally on the River - Royal Enfield Family Reunion  (Read 17458 times)

bob bezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • I ride therefore I am.
Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 12:04:36 am
hi guys i.m back from our motorcycle trip ,to the west coast. 5 thousand 518 miles on the triumph. pulling the inder trailor.. the fireball should be ready by rally time ,and the plan is to go from  Ace cafe's in tenn. to the rally .tell ya all about it there.
2000 RE classic ,              56 matchless g80
2006 RE delux fireball       86 yamaha SRX 600                       
2015 indian chief vintage
65 500cctriumph
04 bonnie black
71 750 norton.
48 whizzer

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 01:48:09 am
    Sucks to be you....   hope you can make it. Who else will be making the
pilgrimage from mini soda?

It sucks like a HOOVER to be me .....  >:( Of course the mere MENTION of not going to the weeding (testing the waters with "What if" - you know ...) brought about a tirade, complete with hands on hips, pouting and the ubiquitous "Well FINE, then - DON'T come along ....." (meaning I sure as heck BETTER be there). I'm keepin my fingers crossed for an accident to delay it by a week .......Dang UTT!!  :'(

I think Old Tall and Skinny (Mikhail) will be there as well as Kevin and perhaps his better half. You may even see Tim, too - he was all about the brew LAST year (me too!) - but I don't know if you'll see either Jane or Doneen. Again - I'M gonna be pissed to not be there .... it's SUCH a gREat crowd!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 01:10:40 pm by ScooterBob »
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 04:36:43 am
hi guys i.m back from our motorcycle trip ,to the west coast. 5 thousand 518 miles on the triumph. pulling the inder trailor.. the fireball should be ready by rally time ,and the plan is to go from  Ace cafe's in tenn. to the rally .tell ya all about it there.

I was wondering what happened to you and here you are off on a grand ride.  Any pictures?  Looking forward to seeing the Fireball.
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

Enfield Pro

• Bulleteer
Reply #18 on: August 24, 2010, 09:58:05 pm
It sucks like a HOOVER to be me .....  >:( Of course the mere MENTION of not going to the weeding (testing the waters with "What if" - you know ...) brought about a tirade, complete with hands on hips, pouting and the ubiquitous "Well FINE, then - DON'T come along ....." (meaning I sure as heck BETTER be there). I'm keepin my fingers crossed for an accident to delay it by a week .......Dang UTT!!  :'(

I think Old Tall and Skinny (Mikhail) will be there as well as Kevin and perhaps his better half. You may even see Tim, too - he was all about the brew LAST year (me too!) - but I don't know if you'll see either Jane or Doneen. Again - I'M gonna be pissed to not be there .... it's SUCH a gREat crowd!

$10 for all the beer you can drink?!?!? Count me in!
Tim
2009 G5 Military W/Sidecar
USCA #9136
REOC Member

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 12:22:20 am
$10 for all the beer you can drink?!?!? Count me in!

Yeah - That's what I thought! Hahaha! I'm STILL hoping for a farm accident so I can go, TOO! Dang UTT!! I don't want nobody killed or nothin' - just laid up for a week so I can party with the hippie chick in the "bus" ...... Heeheehee!!  ;D

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
Reply #20 on: September 09, 2010, 05:08:23 pm
   it's only a couple of weeks away....   any luck on skipping that wedding thing
Scooter Bob? Tell Doneen that I'll have the trailer there if we need it.
    Hey cj- you've been quiet on this; have you been braking in the new one so you can ride it down? Hell, bring it in the back of a truck if you have to!!
BoB Beezin- any word on the fireball?
   am I the only one that already has my bag packed and the cooler loaded??
                    - Mike
~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Friday, September 24th thru Sunday, September 26th - Rally on the River

This is the original "Royal Enfield Family Reunion", sponsored by Interstate Motorcycles, Heartland Moto Guzzi Owners Club, and Green's Canoe & Campground.  There is no Rally Fee – everything is pay as you go, so you only pay for what you want to do.  We invite and love every make and model of motorcycle.  Kevin and his crew will again be there from Classic Motorworks.  We are also trying to organize a Winery Observation Run, so that you can experience part of the Missouri Wine Country, which is located on some of the finest motorcycle roads on earth.   

FREE Draft Beer all weekend for club members - Weekend Charter Membership available for $10
      Onsite Tent Camping for $6 per person per night or plenty of hotel rooms available close by
      Friday night Chili/Chili Dogs for $2.50 per plate
      Saturday and Sunday morning Free Coffee and Donuts at Rally - Full Breakfast available at Maramec Springs (2 miles from rally) cooked to order country style - very affordable
      Saturday night 1 lb. Pork Steak Dinner with all the trimmings provided by Green's - $12 per plate
      If possible, bring your instruments for a Jam Session!!
      Five local wineries all within 30 minute ride from rally

For info and directions, call Green's (724 W. Hwy 8, Steelville, MO) at 1-800-815-6721 or contact Interstate Motorcycles
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: September 09, 2010, 05:59:47 pm
Hey cj- you've been quiet on this; have you been braking in the new one so you can ride it down? Hell, bring it in the back of a truck if you have to!!

Yea, things are not looking good right now. The sT has got a long time before it's ready for a trip like that. It only has about 20 miles on it and I got to work this Sat. and we got a booth at the Battle of the Brits on Sunday. So I got no time to ride.
I've been riding the Triumph most of the summer and is the most roadworthy bike I have now but I wouldn't do a trip like that to it plus it would turn me into a quadriplegic.
Truck need help too and I don't want to sink the bucks into it to fix it.
I'm looking into a rental truck but due to all the fricken "change" up here in the motor city don't know if I should sink a pile of money into this trip.

OTOH I haven't missed a Rally on the River in about 7 years and it is my favorite event of the year so I'm working on it.
We'll see.
CJ

1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
Reply #22 on: September 09, 2010, 06:40:25 pm
Yea, things are not looking good right now. The sT has got a long time before it's ready for a trip like that. It only has about 20 miles on it and I got to work this Sat. and we got a booth at the Battle of the Brits on Sunday. So I got no time to ride.
I've been riding the Triumph most of the summer and is the most roadworthy bike I have now but I wouldn't do a trip like that to it plus it would turn me into a quadriplegic.
Truck need help too and I don't want to sink the bucks into it to fix it.
I'm looking into a rental truck but due to all the fricken "change" up here in the motor city don't know if I should sink a pile of money into this trip.

OTOH I haven't missed a Rally on the River in about 7 years and it is my favorite event of the year so I'm working on it.
We'll see.
CJ

Looks like I won't be getting there till Friday. Leonard is counting on drinking
YOUR BEER  Thursday evening....
                   - Mike
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #23 on: September 09, 2010, 06:44:17 pm
The sT has got a long time before it's ready for a trip like that.

Not to change the subject, but we need pictures of said sT!

Eamon
Eamon

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 10:30:22 pm
Looks like I won't be getting there till Friday. Leonard is counting on drinking
YOUR BEER  Thursday evening....
                   - Mike

That hurt.
But like I said I am working on it.
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 10:43:57 pm
Man! I THOUGHT I had lucked out as the blushing bride-to-be fell off her horse over the Labor Day Weekend .... sadly, she just bounced on her fat arse and didn't break anything to delay the nuptials by even a week ...... Dang UTT!!! I am conniving EVERY which way to get outta that - I'm told I DO have a choice tho .... one of them is living in an appliance box under a bridge with all my sh!t if I DON'T go ..... I'm not convinced that is appealing. Now if we lived in Key West ......  ;D

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: September 09, 2010, 10:53:06 pm

Eamon

The only pic I have so far is the one I posted in another thread here (the maroon one) and that's one that IMWA took of the bike before they shipped it. I'm already getting grief over the color choice, one of the guys I work with got some yellow and pink flower fridge magnets for it. I knew I should have got black.
I didn't get all the things I wanted to do to it last weekend so it's still out at the shop.
I put a rear fender support and a deep sump oil pan on it so far. At this point the G5 was much easier to set up for touring use using available accessories. I'll have to make a bunch of stuff like saddlebag supports and a luggage rack for the sT.
This Sun. we're going to take it and the Enfields to a show so I won't even even get it home until Sunday night.
Pics will follow.
CJ

1972 FLH "Sambo"

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #27 on: September 10, 2010, 03:43:24 am

am I the only one that already has my bag packed and the cooler loaded??
                    - Mike

Hey, today I adjusted the chain, bolted on a new mirror and new rear blinkers.  Once I change the oils and load up I'm good to go.
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #28 on: September 12, 2010, 01:18:01 am
Eamon

Ask, and you will receive.

http://picasaweb.google.com/t120rbullet/ST#
1972 FLH "Sambo"

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #29 on: September 12, 2010, 01:33:52 am
Ask, and you will receive.

http://picasaweb.google.com/t120rbullet/ST#

I don't care what anybody says about that bike - THAT is a machine! I like the COLOR, too .... most people are scared to death of color .... There have been QUITE a few changes on that little mill since last I looked at one REALLY close (2008?) I hope those cats can continue to print bikes despite the ever tightening EPA rules .......