Author Topic: 2010 Rally on the River - Royal Enfield Family Reunion  (Read 17457 times)

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Here's this years info right off Interstates web site.
Plenty of time to turn in your vacation memos and pack the bike up.
See ya all there.

Friday, September 24th thru Sunday, September 26th - Rally on the River

This is the original "Royal Enfield Family Reunion", sponsored by Interstate Motorcycles, Heartland Moto Guzzi Owners Club, and Green's Canoe & Campground.  There is no Rally Fee – everything is pay as you go, so you only pay for what you want to do.  We invite and love every make and model of motorcycle.  Kevin and his crew will again be there from Classic Motorworks.  We are also trying to organize a Winery Observation Run, so that you can experience part of the Missouri Wine Country, which is located on some of the finest motorcycle roads on earth.   

* FREE Draft Beer all weekend for club members - Weekend Charter Membership available for $10
  * Onsite Tent Camping for $6 per person per night or plenty of hotel rooms available   close by
  *  Friday night Chili Dogs for $2.50 per plate
  *  Saturday and Sunday morning Free Coffee and Donuts at Rally - Full Breakfast available at Maramec Springs (2 miles from rally) cooked to order country style - very affordable
  *  Saturday night 1 lb. Pork Steak Dinner with all the trimmings provided by Green's   
     - $12 per plate
  *  Live Music Friday and Saturday night
  *  Five local wineries all within 30 minute ride from rally

For info and directions, call Green's (724 W. Hwy 8, Steelville, MO) at 1-800-815-6721 or contact Interstate Motorcycles at (573) 265-6008
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 03:45:06 pm
HAIL yeah!! I'm lookin' forward to this Hoo Doo! I'm going to RIDE the bus this year, too .... Heeheehee!!!  ;D
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 03:46:38 pm
HAIL yeah!! I'm lookin' forward to this Hoo Doo! I'm going to RIDE the bus this year, too .... Heeheehee!!!  ;D

The small one or the big one? :D
1972 FLH "Sambo"

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 09:20:41 pm
I should be ready to make the trip on the RE by then, if not I'll haul it .
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 01:18:52 am
The small one or the big one? :D

You know - the metal framework pretend one? - Or did you miss the sweet, hammered hippie chick that was "driving" last year? She was a HOOT!  ;D

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 02:48:41 am
I'm looking forward to it, saw a lot of cool bikes last year and met some good folks too.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 12:11:44 pm by r80rt »
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 03:21:26 am
You know - the metal framework pretend one? - Or did you miss the sweet, hammered hippie chick that was "driving" last year? She was a HOOT!  ;D

Ahhhhh it's all coming back out of the fog now!
Seen and heard a lot of strange things sitting around that fire-pit.
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 03:26:06 am
if not I'll haul it .

I should do that too seeing that I drove my pickup down to the VMD last week.
First time I didn't ride a bike to a bike meet. Seeing that I already fell from grace I might as well do it again eh? Kinda goes along with getting a AARP card.
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 01:25:30 pm
Ahhhhh it's all coming back out of the fog now!
Seen and heard a lot of strange things sitting around that fire-pit.
CJ

Was it fog ..... or HAZE? I forget .....  ::) Look in the mailbox .... I'm betting you'll ride!  ;D

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 03:26:16 pm
::) Look in the mailbox .... I'm betting you'll ride!  ;D

Does that mean.................................... :)
1972 FLH "Sambo"

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 09:44:00 pm
Does that mean.................................... :)

Heeheehee! - Sure DOES - I had to go in the back, stick mah head in the box and say "What in the Wide, Wide World of Sports is THIS?" to find out that Raj had sent you a BOX of goodies - and get it on the way. I apologise for that little delay - apparently I WAS the only one here that knew about that ..... Go Figger! Get a beer and get yer readin' glasses on - you're (hopefully!!) gonna be wired up and cured!  ;)

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 05:59:10 pm
Here's this years info right off Interstates web site.
Plenty of time to turn in your vacation memos and pack the bike up.
See ya all there.

This is the original "Royal Enfield Family Reunion", sponsored by Interstate Motorcycles, Heartland Moto Guzzi Owners Club, and Green's Canoe & Campground.  There is no Rally Fee – everything is pay as you go, so you only pay for what you want to do.  We invite and love every make and model of motorcycle.  Kevin and his crew will again be there from Classic Motorworks.  We are also trying to organize a Winery Observation Run, so that you can experience part of the Missouri Wine Country, which is located on some of the finest motorcycle roads on earth.   

* FREE Draft Beer all weekend for club members - Weekend Charter Membership available for $10
  * Onsite Tent Camping for $6 per person per night or plenty of hotel rooms available   close by
  *  Friday night Chili Dogs for $2.50 per plate
  *  Saturday and Sunday morning Free Coffee and Donuts at Rally - Full Breakfast available at Maramec Springs (2 miles from rally) cooked to order country style - very affordable
  *  Saturday night 1 lb. Pork Steak Dinner with all the trimmings provided by Green's   
     - $12 per plate
  *  Live Music Friday and Saturday night
  *  Five local wineries all within 30 minute ride from rally

For info and directions, call Green's (724 W. Hwy 8, Steelville, MO) at 1-800-815-6721 or contact Interstate Motorcycles at (573) 265-6008
                       - bump -
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: August 21, 2010, 11:14:44 pm
yup...   only 5 weeks to go!
I'm looking forward to sitt'n around and shooting the shit with
CJ, Leonard, and Bob Beezin...   
Will Bob have his Fireball there?   Who else is going??
                  - Mike
'My dear you are ugly,
 - Winston Churchill

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 02:30:07 am
Gawd DAMMIT!! I may have a wedding in NoDak to go to that weekend ..... I am BESIDE myself! I don't wanna go to no dang WEDDIN'!! I wanna got to the REunion!! This might cause a divorce ..... it's my brother in law that's gettin' hitched ..... What to DO?? I'll send the "hot rod" if I don't weasel out of the funera .... er, ah ..... wedding. Dang UTT!!  >:(

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: August 22, 2010, 03:48:31 am
Gawd DAMMIT!! I may have a wedding in NoDak to go to that weekend ..... I am BESIDE myself! I don't wanna go to no dang WEDDIN'!! I wanna got to the REunion!! This might cause a divorce ..... it's my brother in law that's gettin' hitched ..... What to DO?? I'll send the "hot rod" if I don't weasel out of the funera .... er, ah ..... wedding. Dang UTT!!  >:(

Sucks to be you....   hope you can make it. Who else will be making the
pilgrimage from mini soda?
'My dear you are ugly,
 - Winston Churchill

bob bezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • I ride therefore I am.
Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 12:04:36 am
hi guys i.m back from our motorcycle trip ,to the west coast. 5 thousand 518 miles on the triumph. pulling the inder trailor.. the fireball should be ready by rally time ,and the plan is to go from  Ace cafe's in tenn. to the rally .tell ya all about it there.
2000 RE classic ,              56 matchless g80
2006 RE delux fireball       86 yamaha SRX 600                       
2015 indian chief vintage
65 500cctriumph
04 bonnie black
71 750 norton.
48 whizzer

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 01:48:09 am
    Sucks to be you....   hope you can make it. Who else will be making the
pilgrimage from mini soda?

It sucks like a HOOVER to be me .....  >:( Of course the mere MENTION of not going to the weeding (testing the waters with "What if" - you know ...) brought about a tirade, complete with hands on hips, pouting and the ubiquitous "Well FINE, then - DON'T come along ....." (meaning I sure as heck BETTER be there). I'm keepin my fingers crossed for an accident to delay it by a week .......Dang UTT!!  :'(

I think Old Tall and Skinny (Mikhail) will be there as well as Kevin and perhaps his better half. You may even see Tim, too - he was all about the brew LAST year (me too!) - but I don't know if you'll see either Jane or Doneen. Again - I'M gonna be pissed to not be there .... it's SUCH a gREat crowd!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 01:10:40 pm by ScooterBob »

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 04:36:43 am
hi guys i.m back from our motorcycle trip ,to the west coast. 5 thousand 518 miles on the triumph. pulling the inder trailor.. the fireball should be ready by rally time ,and the plan is to go from  Ace cafe's in tenn. to the rally .tell ya all about it there.

I was wondering what happened to you and here you are off on a grand ride.  Any pictures?  Looking forward to seeing the Fireball.

Enfield Pro

• Bulleteer
Reply #18 on: August 24, 2010, 09:58:05 pm
It sucks like a HOOVER to be me .....  >:( Of course the mere MENTION of not going to the weeding (testing the waters with "What if" - you know ...) brought about a tirade, complete with hands on hips, pouting and the ubiquitous "Well FINE, then - DON'T come along ....." (meaning I sure as heck BETTER be there). I'm keepin my fingers crossed for an accident to delay it by a week .......Dang UTT!!  :'(

I think Old Tall and Skinny (Mikhail) will be there as well as Kevin and perhaps his better half. You may even see Tim, too - he was all about the brew LAST year (me too!) - but I don't know if you'll see either Jane or Doneen. Again - I'M gonna be pissed to not be there .... it's SUCH a gREat crowd!

$10 for all the beer you can drink?!?!? Count me in!
Tim
2009 G5 Military W/Sidecar
USCA #9136
REOC Member

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 12:22:20 am
$10 for all the beer you can drink?!?!? Count me in!

Yeah - That's what I thought! Hahaha! I'm STILL hoping for a farm accident so I can go, TOO! Dang UTT!! I don't want nobody killed or nothin' - just laid up for a week so I can party with the hippie chick in the "bus" ...... Heeheehee!!  ;D

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: September 09, 2010, 05:08:23 pm
   it's only a couple of weeks away....   any luck on skipping that wedding thing
Scooter Bob? Tell Doneen that I'll have the trailer there if we need it.
    Hey cj- you've been quiet on this; have you been braking in the new one so you can ride it down? Hell, bring it in the back of a truck if you have to!!
BoB Beezin- any word on the fireball?
   am I the only one that already has my bag packed and the cooler loaded??
                    - Mike
~~~~~~~~~~~~

FREE Draft Beer all weekend for club members - Weekend Charter Membership available for $10
      Onsite Tent Camping for $6 per person per night or plenty of hotel rooms available close by
      Friday night Chili/Chili Dogs for $2.50 per plate
      Saturday and Sunday morning Free Coffee and Donuts at Rally - Full Breakfast available at Maramec Springs (2 miles from rally) cooked to order country style - very affordable
      Saturday night 1 lb. Pork Steak Dinner with all the trimmings provided by Green's - $12 per plate
      If possible, bring your instruments for a Jam Session!!
      Five local wineries all within 30 minute ride from rally

For info and directions, call Green's (724 W. Hwy 8, Steelville, MO) at 1-800-815-6721 or contact Interstate Motorcycles
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'My dear you are ugly,
 - Winston Churchill

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: September 09, 2010, 05:59:47 pm
Hey cj- you've been quiet on this; have you been braking in the new one so you can ride it down? Hell, bring it in the back of a truck if you have to!!

Yea, things are not looking good right now. The sT has got a long time before it's ready for a trip like that. It only has about 20 miles on it and I got to work this Sat. and we got a booth at the Battle of the Brits on Sunday. So I got no time to ride.
I've been riding the Triumph most of the summer and is the most roadworthy bike I have now but I wouldn't do a trip like that to it plus it would turn me into a quadriplegic.
Truck need help too and I don't want to sink the bucks into it to fix it.
I'm looking into a rental truck but due to all the fricken "change" up here in the motor city don't know if I should sink a pile of money into this trip.

OTOH I haven't missed a Rally on the River in about 7 years and it is my favorite event of the year so I'm working on it.
We'll see.
CJ

1972 FLH "Sambo"

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: September 09, 2010, 06:40:25 pm
Yea, things are not looking good right now. The sT has got a long time before it's ready for a trip like that. It only has about 20 miles on it and I got to work this Sat. and we got a booth at the Battle of the Brits on Sunday. So I got no time to ride.
I've been riding the Triumph most of the summer and is the most roadworthy bike I have now but I wouldn't do a trip like that to it plus it would turn me into a quadriplegic.
Truck need help too and I don't want to sink the bucks into it to fix it.
I'm looking into a rental truck but due to all the fricken "change" up here in the motor city don't know if I should sink a pile of money into this trip.

OTOH I haven't missed a Rally on the River in about 7 years and it is my favorite event of the year so I'm working on it.
We'll see.
CJ

Looks like I won't be getting there till Friday. Leonard is counting on drinking
YOUR BEER  Thursday evening....
                   - Mike
'My dear you are ugly,
 - Winston Churchill

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #23 on: September 09, 2010, 06:44:17 pm
The sT has got a long time before it's ready for a trip like that.

Not to change the subject, but we need pictures of said sT!

Eamon
Eamon

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 10:30:22 pm
Looks like I won't be getting there till Friday. Leonard is counting on drinking
YOUR BEER  Thursday evening....
                   - Mike

That hurt.
But like I said I am working on it.
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 10:43:57 pm
Man! I THOUGHT I had lucked out as the blushing bride-to-be fell off her horse over the Labor Day Weekend .... sadly, she just bounced on her fat arse and didn't break anything to delay the nuptials by even a week ...... Dang UTT!!! I am conniving EVERY which way to get outta that - I'm told I DO have a choice tho .... one of them is living in an appliance box under a bridge with all my sh!t if I DON'T go ..... I'm not convinced that is appealing. Now if we lived in Key West ......  ;D

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: September 09, 2010, 10:53:06 pm

Eamon

The only pic I have so far is the one I posted in another thread here (the maroon one) and that's one that IMWA took of the bike before they shipped it. I'm already getting grief over the color choice, one of the guys I work with got some yellow and pink flower fridge magnets for it. I knew I should have got black.
I didn't get all the things I wanted to do to it last weekend so it's still out at the shop.
I put a rear fender support and a deep sump oil pan on it so far. At this point the G5 was much easier to set up for touring use using available accessories. I'll have to make a bunch of stuff like saddlebag supports and a luggage rack for the sT.
This Sun. we're going to take it and the Enfields to a show so I won't even even get it home until Sunday night.
Pics will follow.
CJ

1972 FLH "Sambo"

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #27 on: September 10, 2010, 03:43:24 am

am I the only one that already has my bag packed and the cooler loaded??
                    - Mike

Hey, today I adjusted the chain, bolted on a new mirror and new rear blinkers.  Once I change the oils and load up I'm good to go.

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #28 on: September 12, 2010, 01:18:01 am
Eamon

Ask, and you will receive.

http://picasaweb.google.com/t120rbullet/ST#
1972 FLH "Sambo"

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #29 on: September 12, 2010, 01:33:52 am

I don't care what anybody says about that bike - THAT is a machine! I like the COLOR, too .... most people are scared to death of color .... There have been QUITE a few changes on that little mill since last I looked at one REALLY close (2008?) I hope those cats can continue to print bikes despite the ever tightening EPA rules .......

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #30 on: September 12, 2010, 03:04:42 am
Vewe, vewe cool, Br. CJ!!!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #31 on: September 12, 2010, 03:14:27 am
I saw one at a URAL dealers this week and he told me they will easiily do 90? Any truth to that. I also like the color
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: September 12, 2010, 03:38:14 am
I saw one at a URAL dealers this week and he told me they will easily do 90? Any truth to that. I also like the color

I think it will but it's going to take a bunch more miles before I find out for sure. It does have a higher gear ratio than most of the sidecar rigs.
90 on a naked bike like that would be a handful though.
CJ

1972 FLH "Sambo"

Kevin Mahoney

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #33 on: September 12, 2010, 03:42:45 am
You know you are going to try it.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: September 12, 2010, 04:15:22 am

Looks GOOD !
now all you have to do is figure out a way to get it to Rolla....
'My dear you are ugly,
 - Winston Churchill

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #35 on: September 12, 2010, 05:07:52 am
I think it will but it's going to take a bunch more miles before I find out for sure. It does have a higher gear ratio than most of the sidecar rigs.
90 on a naked bike like that would be a handful though.
CJ

At 90 you couldn't keep that ciggy butt in your mouth.  It's looks comfortable, is it an easier ride than the G-5? 

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #36 on: September 12, 2010, 05:37:10 am

Nice!  I like the color, although I think I lean towards the desert tan or black.   Seeing some actual pictures of the red though, I am liking it much more than I thought from the pictures on the Ural site.  I think for myself I'd go with the solo seat and and rear luggage rack option, but that seat looks comfortable.  If I could get another bike right now it would really be a tossup for me between one of those or a C5.

Eamon
Eamon

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #37 on: September 12, 2010, 11:44:06 am
At 90 you couldn't keep that ciggy butt in your mouth.  It's looks comfortable, is it an easier ride than the G-5? 

Like most things Russian it's kinda industrial and clunky. Not sleek, sexy and ergonomic like an Enfield.
The tires are going to be a handicap and the rear brake pedal is going to take some work. The seat and bars feel good.
When you start it it wobbles from side to side like a dog shaking off water, nothing I'm used to.

As far as hitting 90 I haven't gotten up there on my Triumph yet and it's been ready for that for a number of years now.
It does get up to 70 in about a half a block though ;D

Now, getting to Rolla. I priced out rental trucks. Ain't worth 800 bucks plus gas.
Looking for another option.
CJ

1972 FLH "Sambo"

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #38 on: September 17, 2010, 01:01:40 pm
The weather report is looking great (If our press isn't lying to us like usual).
I'm borrowing a flatbed trailer and hoping the tires on my truck hold up for the trip.
I'm not looking forward to this after all the years of giving Mike grief for trailing his bike.
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"

bob bezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • I ride therefore I am.
Reply #39 on: September 17, 2010, 02:34:14 pm
well i just might be trailoring my bike  . if indeed it is together. it sure wont be broken in for a ride from tenn. yet . so if is ready i will pick it up and go directly to steelville  if its not ready ill have to take the triumph. 
65 500cctriumph
04 bonnie black
71 750 norton.
48 whizzer

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #40 on: September 17, 2010, 10:24:53 pm
looking forward to seeing you both; trailers or not.
cj-  are you bringing the new one??
'My dear you are ugly,
 - Winston Churchill

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #41 on: September 17, 2010, 11:45:22 pm
looking forward to seeing you both; trailers or not.
cj-  are you bringing the new one??

Yup. Maybe the White Bitch too although I am ashamed at the condition it's in. I've had it almost 2 years now and never cleaned it.
I got to take the truck in for some quick servicing on Monday and then I'll get to start packing.
Working up a day trip too. Got any ideas? I was thinking of using that one we did last year for the first half and working our way over to Salem and coming back the route we did 2 years ago when you got us lost. Looks to be about 100/120 miles with a splattering of good twisties. Take a look at MapQuest and see what you can come up with.
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #42 on: September 18, 2010, 12:02:19 am
Yup. Maybe the White Bitch too although I am ashamed at the condition it's in. I've had it almost 2 years now and never cleaned it.
I got to take the truck in for some quick servicing on Monday and then I'll get to start packing.
Working up a day trip too. Got any ideas? I was thinking of using that one we did last year for the first half and working our way over to Salem and coming back the route we did 2 years ago when you got us lost. Looks to be about 100/120 miles with a splattering of good twisties. Take a look at MapQuest and see what you can come up with.
CJ

Are you coming in on Thursday?  I plan on getting in Thursday and sure hope the weather holds. 
As far as a ride.........I don't know where we went last year but it sure was fun.  You lead and I'll keep up the best I can.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #43 on: September 18, 2010, 03:12:07 am
yes, lets duplicate last years ride for sure...
        Leonard- you might as well trailer it; Hell hath frozen over!!
                 - Mike
           hey--  the spell check is back!!   

'My dear you are ugly,
 - Winston Churchill

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #44 on: September 18, 2010, 03:25:43 am
Are you coming in on Thursday?  I plan on getting in Thursday and sure hope the weather holds. 
As far as a ride.........I don't know where we went last year but it sure was fun.  You lead and I'll keep up the best I can.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.

I'm going to leave Early Thurs. morning. It's about a 12 hour drive if everything goes right.
Being as I'll be in a pickup I'll bring creature comforts.
Yup, getting pumped.
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #45 on: September 18, 2010, 03:58:34 am
yes, lets duplicate last years ride for sure...
        Leonard- you might as well trailer it; Hell hath frozen over!!
                 - Mike
           hey--  the spell check is back!!   

"Hell hath frozen over!!"
That hurt!

Spell Check? Right click on your message, if the Spell Check is checked it works. If it's not, it don't!
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #46 on: September 19, 2010, 12:23:20 am
It looks like I'll only have time to ride up for a few hours Saturday, plenty of time to drool all over a Ural.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #47 on: September 22, 2010, 12:04:02 am
Just a couple more days Boys and Girls.
I'm packing up right now, trying to find all the stuff I can't seem to find.
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #48 on: September 22, 2010, 12:49:16 am
   yea, me too....
          It doesn't sound like very many from here will be there....
what happened to the weather??
  http://www.accuweather.com/us/mo/rolla/65401/forecast-hourly.asp
'My dear you are ugly,
 - Winston Churchill

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #49 on: September 22, 2010, 01:04:57 am
The weather dude is lying. Besides the way, we had a tornado at the Mn. rally and still managed to have a good time. You can drink beer in the rain, I know that for a fact.
I'll throw a pop-up awning in the truck just in case.
I'll bring something for dinner Thursday night too.
CJ

1972 FLH "Sambo"

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #50 on: September 22, 2010, 01:25:33 am
speaking of Thursdayyyyyu

I was just informed that things have changed and "if" I don't mind the fam
will head for Chicago thursday, so if I don't mind....
    "i'll get over it!!""   count on seeing my arse Thursday afternoon. If you got
dinner covered  I'll have the cooler loaded...  save me a spot in the trailer parking...
            - Mike
'My dear you are ugly,
 - Winston Churchill

Kevin Mahoney

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #51 on: September 22, 2010, 03:10:52 am
I have been hoping against hope, but I am going to have to break my unblemished streak of being at every Rally. I had my ass kicked last week by a ruptured appendix. I was in the hospital for a week and got home yesterday. I am still crawling around like an inchworm and am pretty sick. I will be better, but travel is out of the question. I know what I missing which makes it all the worse. The yearly update on gossip and drame from Skip alone is worth the trip.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #52 on: September 22, 2010, 03:34:03 am
I have been hoping against hope, but I am going to have to break my unblemished streak of being at every Rally. I had my ass kicked last week by a ruptured appendix. I was in the hospital for a week and got home yesterday. I am still crawling around like an inchworm and am pretty sick. I will be better, but travel is out of the question. I know what I missing which makes it all the worse. The yearly update on gossip and drame from Skip alone is worth the trip.
[/size]

WTF ???   The BiG  Cheese is out on a medical...
                    Scooter Bob is out on a threat of mental health...
                        (and negative marital bliss)
   Are you at least going to send Doneen and Jane for humanitarian purposes??
          .....   this could be interesting...

and sorry to hear of your issues Kevin. This reminds me of sumth'n my chiropractor
told me many years ago....   
" Ya know Bairdie; the older we get; the longer these things take to heal..."
you might have a little wine with that vikaden....   what the hell!!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 04:00:23 am by baird4444 »
'My dear you are ugly,
 - Winston Churchill

Enfield Pro

• Bulleteer
Reply #53 on: September 22, 2010, 09:00:45 pm
[/size]

WTF ???   The BiG  Cheese is out on a medical...
                    Scooter Bob is out on a threat of mental health...
                        (and negative marital bliss)
   Are you at least going to send Doneen and Jane for humanitarian purposes??
          .....   this could be interesting...

I will be there to make sure no one gets out of control on the bus.  :o If you were there last year you know what I am talking about.
Tim
USCA #9136
REOC Member

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #54 on: September 22, 2010, 09:27:54 pm
I will be there to make sure no one gets out of control on the bus.  :o If you were there last year you know what I am talking about.

Don't worry Tim, if by some slim chance someone pours a massive amount of beer down your throat we'll let you drive the bus.
But only around the fire pit. Your not taking it out on the road.
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"

Enfield Pro

• Bulleteer
Reply #55 on: September 22, 2010, 09:40:28 pm
Don't worry Tim, if by some slim chance someone pours a massive amount of beer down your throat we'll let you drive the bus.
But only around the fire pit. Your not taking it out on the road.
CJ

I will have to fight off the Guzzi chick for the driver seat. I am a big dude but I don't know if I can take her out.
Tim
USCA #9136
REOC Member

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #56 on: September 22, 2010, 10:53:44 pm
" I will have to fight off the Guzzi chick for the driver seat. I am a big dude but I don't know if I can take her out. "

maybe if  SHE drinks enuff...
'My dear you are ugly,
 - Winston Churchill

Kevin Mahoney

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #57 on: September 23, 2010, 02:48:23 am
1. No need to wonder it she'll drink enough.
2. What in the world would you do if you did get it away from her? She might find you cute?
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #58 on: September 24, 2010, 01:54:16 am
Bob Bezin's Fireball 535 was completed today, and he's leaving here Friday morning for the Rally on the River.
He should be there by Friday night, with his Fireball on the trailer.

We put about 15 test miles on the bike, and he's going to have to ride easy for breaking it in. But it came out fine, and it's running strong in the lower rpms, which is all we've tried out yet.

So Bob and his Fireball will be showing up on Friday night.
 ;D
Home of the Fireball 535 !

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #59 on: September 24, 2010, 02:17:03 am
Well, I'll finally get to see a fireball in the flesh, I can't wait!
Iron Butt Association

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #60 on: September 25, 2010, 02:36:09 pm
Rats, I can't make it after all. :-[
Iron Butt Association

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #61 on: September 26, 2010, 11:30:07 pm
GOOD TIME HAD BY ALL!!
   Bill Dunkus of Interstate Motorcycles
 http://www.interstatemotorcycles.com/Blog/index.htm
and Greg still put on a good Rally. It was the usual cast of characters minass
any representation from CMW. Leonard, CJ, Bob "fireball" Beezin, Don, Dustin,
Chris, George and myself were there to do all things Enfield. Note the little 305 Honda
below that Dustin rebuilt...  it was an eye catcher!  Then there is CJ with his
new Urnal...  I'm sure there will be more stories, pics, and lies to follow
so I'll leave the lies to the pro's.
     next year Cabo....     Mike
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 11:34:55 pm by baird4444 »
'My dear you are ugly,
 - Winston Churchill

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #62 on: September 27, 2010, 12:11:29 am
Was Bob's fireball as cool as I think it is? Cj the Ural is very cool.
Iron Butt Association

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #63 on: September 27, 2010, 05:13:25 am
Was Bob's fireball as cool as I think it is? Cj the Ural is very cool.

Just got home this evening after a 10 hour ride from the Rally.
 Bob Bezin was gracious enough to let everyone take a spin on the FB.  We all took it easy of course but you could tell there was some serious power there.  After some breaking in and a little tweaking Bob will have sweet running machine.
CJ also was generous with the brand new Ural, it's a different kind of ride and very comfortable.
I'll post a few few photos tomorrow.

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #64 on: September 27, 2010, 05:35:38 am
Thanks for the update.  Sounds like fun, but a little far to ride to from Seattle.   :D

Does Ural sell a bike w/o sidecar?
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

bob bezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • I ride therefore I am.
Reply #65 on: September 27, 2010, 02:52:50 pm
the rally was great  we put about 90 miles total(including those in tenn.)  on the fireball  in short little rides .  i especially would like to thank dustin for letting me take that sweet little honda 305 on the group ride,. about 60 miles ,a little too fast and long for a fresh engine.  and thank you ace  who makes the fireball possible.
65 500cctriumph
04 bonnie black
71 750 norton.
48 whizzer

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #66 on: September 27, 2010, 11:01:21 pm
"next year Cabo...."     Mike

God willing, brother!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

StL_Stadtroller

• Bulleteer
Reply #67 on: September 27, 2010, 11:22:45 pm
Tally ho mates!

As usual it was great to see everyone in real life once again. I regret that it was only for such a short visit.

To those concerned, I did make it home safely Sat night, with a light sprinkle coming down as soon as I pulled out of the campground.
ahhh... mid-50's temps, rain, and total blackness on twisty country roads on an Enfield. Nothing quite like a little proper terror to get the blood flowing.
The worst came though on the northbound stretch of MO-21 where I hit headwinds that had me barely maintaining 50mph for a good 30-mile stretch or so.
Arrived home just before midnight. took just under 3 hours.

Kevin, sorry you could not make it. Hope you're still on the mend, and I'll just have to post the package of goodies I had for you from the scooter rally.  ;D

And as Baird(?) predicted - that windshield I was wanting to have before the ride down shipped TODAY.

I'm also now having a serious love-affair with the thought of a new red Classic sidehack combo.

Cheers!
Brian Wittling, St. Louis, MO
Her Majesty's Own Royal Enfield Motoring Enthusiast Society
Member Emeritus
https://www.facebook.com/brian.wittling

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #68 on: September 28, 2010, 05:09:44 am
Here is a short video of Bob Bezin fireing up his new Fireball.  Sorry for the shadows but he wouldn't move it to the other side of my lawn chair.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlFv9T9TBo4

Here is one of the rooster that terrorized the camp ground starting around 0430.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsCzRYH29OI
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 05:13:02 am by Leonard »

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #69 on: September 28, 2010, 05:43:45 am

We missed you big guy, what happened?

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #70 on: September 28, 2010, 06:31:30 am
I've posted a few Rally photos in the Photo Gallery.

My thoughts on the 2010 Rally on the River:  Friday was hampered by rain in the morning but a few of us managed to get a nice ride in.  CJ and his new Ural lead us through the twisties around Steelville and then to an ice cream joint for lunch.  The afternoon was spent napping and taking rides on Bob's Bezin's Fireball and CJ's Ural.
  Friday night is usually a fairly rowdy evening but this year there was no band and the CMW crew were not in attendance so it was a quiet evening and uneventful except for someone's cell phone waking everyone up at 0230.
  Saturday was a gorgeous day and after lunch seven of us burned up the twisties again in a 70 mile ride.  Thanks to CJ for planning a route and leading the way.
   The evening meal of pork steak and all the fixins was a good way to end the day.  Sitting around the bonfire for the awards and raffle the Royal Enfield guys made out very well.  I took home the prize for long distance rider since CJ trailered  from Detroit.  Almost everyone got swag of some sort, courtesy of Interstate Motorcycles.
    As I packed up the REB Sixty-5 in the drizzle for the 410 mile ride home I began to see the wisdom in trailering to the rally.  It was a cold and wet ride until about noon and I made it home in just over ten hours.  My Kansas-Arkansas-Missouri was a little more than 1600 miles.  The REB performed flawlessly and used barely 8oz of oil.  Gas mileage was in the 55-65mpg range.
  Thanks to Mr. and Mrs Dunkus of Interstate Motorcycles, the Moto Guzzi club and their president, Greg ,who does all the work, and to Skip, the owner of Green's.  My thanks also to CJ (t120rbullet) and Mike Baird (baird4444) whose beer I drank and food I ate.  See you next year.

NEBullet

• Scooter
Reply #71 on: September 28, 2010, 10:27:41 am
i especially would like to thank dustin for letting me take that sweet little honda 305 on the group ride,.

No Problem Bob.  I try to help out when I can.  Hope to see everyone again next year.  I'm gonna have to think about going to the MN Rally too.

Dustin

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #72 on: September 28, 2010, 05:05:26 pm
I'm SO sad I missed the festivities - this was a really sh!tty year for everyone here I think .... I attended the dismal wedding (a Jerry Springer event by any standard .... ) Kevin had a ruptured appendix that almost took him out of the game and Timmy and Mikhail both got the short of the stick with the flooding that ripped through Faribault and surrounding areas. Poor Tim got nearly FOUR FEET of poop water in his basement when the lift pumps in Faribault got over-run and blew up ........  :(

I'M hoping that next year's party will be bigger and better than EVER ... and come (literally!) hell or high water - I'm THERE!!

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #73 on: September 28, 2010, 06:35:32 pm
I knew it would take something like poop water to keep tim off that bus.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #74 on: September 28, 2010, 09:47:35 pm

He hasn't been to work all week so far to try and clean it all up before the Government condemns his house as a toxic waste dump .... It's BAD .... very bad ......  :(

chumma7

• Bulleteer
Reply #75 on: September 28, 2010, 11:40:21 pm
I hope he's not using a straw!

He hasn't been to work all week so far to try and clean it all up before the Government condemns his house as a toxic waste dump .... It's BAD .... very bad ......  :(
ACE Fireball 001

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #76 on: September 29, 2010, 12:59:47 am

Bad news for both Tim and Greg. When Skip got his insurance bill this spring he found that his insurance had doubled due to the liability issue of some kid (drunk) falling off the buss. He lowered his insurance dramatically with a saws-all and a trip to the scrapyard.

Aside from that this year was another great little rally. The division between the Guzzi guys and the Enfield guys became greater this year when they took all the firewood and moved the bonfire down to the other end of the campground.  The Enfield people stayed up on the hill (Enfield Heights) and the Guzzi people stayed down at the bottom of the hill (Guzzi Low Lands). The sleeping was much better with all the noise down there and the beer tent was still in the middle so it was all good.

I forgot to thank Leonard for lunch on Saturday so Thanks Leonard!

I promised Kevin I would round up everyone at the feed store on Sat. and hoist a toast for his quick recovery. We didn't make it to the feed store but a new restaurant opened in the building that the feed store used to be in and we had the toast there.

Put a bit over 500 K on the Urinal over the weekend. Got the feel for it now and here's what I think about it so far.
It tends to over-steer a bit in the corners.
It's heavy enough for the freeways, I had it up to 70 once on a real windy day and it remained firmly planted on the road.
The location of the rear brake peddle sucks.
It averaged 30.7 MPG down there.  My packed up Electra Glide would get 45 on the freeway and one day riding around near Steelville I got the best out of the E Glide which was 56 MPG. 30.7 is about as piss poor as it gets.
The Duro tires that come on it, 4.00 x 18 rear and 3.50 x 18 front don't cut it and the 3.50 x 18 front really limits the choices. I wish it came with a 3.50 x 19 on the front because there are many good tires available in that size.
The seat is great.
Power is good enough.
It had a different final drive ratio than the sidecar models. 3rd gear is good up to 55 or so and when you plunk it down into 4th it kinda bogs down. Riding around the rally I found myself doing a lot of shifting between like 40 and 50 mph.
Suspension is a bit on the stiff side. I think it would be real good at hauling a load on long trips.
Overall?  It ain't sleek, sexy and agile like my Enfields but it might earn a spot in my garage.

Back to the rally.
Had a great time seeing all my old Enfield buddy's again.
Many thanks to Slam, Skip, Mary, Greg and hid lovely wife and all the Guzzi gals for putting up with the rowdy Enfield crowd again.
Next year is going to be the 10th annual Royal Enfield Family Reunion/ Rally on the River. I hope to see some more of you folks there.
CJ      

1972 FLH "Sambo"

StL_Stadtroller

• Bulleteer
Reply #77 on: September 29, 2010, 04:55:44 am

It averaged 30.7 MPG down there.  My packed up Electra Glide would get 45 on the freeway and one day riding around near Steelville I got the best out of the E Glide which was 56 MPG. 30.7 is about as piss poor as it gets.

I would hope that improves dramatically after you get a few more miles on it and she loosens up a bit. I on;y rode my double-naught 650 as a solo bike a few times, but when I did it returned about 65mpg and had plenty of juice for the highway.  Though I haven't kept up with the Urals in a while, so who knows what dreadful things they're doing with ignitions and overkill carbs these days...
Best thing I ever did for mine was sh-canning the CVK carbs and electronic ignition and fitting proper flat-slide K68 carbs and point ignition as God and Stalin intended. but I digress.

If it was a sidecar rig you could find some mighty fancy square-profile tires in the car section from Coker in the 18" range.

If it were me I'd probably stick with a C5 for a new solo bike. Urals do one thing really well, and that's pull a hack. IMHO a Solo Ural is just trying to be something it ain't.

Not that you asked my opinion or nuttin'
I'll go back to lurk mode now ;)

Brian Wittling, St. Louis, MO
Her Majesty's Own Royal Enfield Motoring Enthusiast Society
Member Emeritus
https://www.facebook.com/brian.wittling

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #78 on: October 05, 2010, 12:28:15 am
Next tank of gas worked out to 32.33 MPG. Pretty piss poor.

Here's a link to the pics I took out there. Used one of those disposable cameras, pics didn't turn out too well.
Might have to buy a battery or 2 for my good digital for next year.

http://picasaweb.google.com/t120rbullet/RallyOnTheRiver10#
1972 FLH "Sambo"

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #79 on: October 05, 2010, 03:34:17 am

yea, those pics do suck cept #5 and she wasn't with me...
              - Mike
'My dear you are ugly,
 - Winston Churchill

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #80 on: October 05, 2010, 03:43:58 am

yea, those pics do suck cept #5 and she wasn't with me...
              - Mike

That pic was when they threw the picnic table on the fire. There was 20 people standing just the other side of the fire but she just blocked everything else out.
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"

Kevin Mahoney

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #81 on: October 05, 2010, 05:11:56 am
Who's the girl? Even with a lot of beer and maybe a few shots I KNOW she is not the bus driver. Chris has threatened to throw me under the bus to see her new tattoo.  I am still not sleeping at might thinking about it.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #82 on: October 05, 2010, 03:00:10 pm
Who's the girl? Even with a lot of beer and maybe a few shots I KNOW she is not the bus driver. Chris has threatened to throw me under the bus to see her new tattoo.  I am still not sleeping at might thinking about it.

I'm pretty sure she is Greg Land's daughter inlaw...
'My dear you are ugly,
 - Winston Churchill

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #83 on: October 05, 2010, 07:30:54 pm
  I'm pretty sure she is Greg Land's daughter inlaw...

You could almost bet that it was someones daughter.

CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"