Author Topic: Fold away footpegs  (Read 7670 times)

Sub

• Bob's Your Uncle
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2010 Black Bullet C5
on: July 12, 2010, 11:23:27 pm
Is it possible to convert the foot pegs to the folding type?

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 11:26:15 pm
where would you put your feet   ???
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

Sub

• Bob's Your Uncle
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2010 Black Bullet C5
Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 12:11:24 am
I find that when starting from a stop, the foot pegs sort of grab my jeans because they are grippy rubber and stationary. On my current bike, they are spring loaded and fold up towards me which keeps my jeans from catching on the pegs. I was just wondering if its possible to get the same kind of folding pegs for the Enfield C5.

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 08:29:54 am
My jeans used to get hooked over the pegs sometimes when coming to a stop - great way to drop the bike when you suddenly find your foot wont reach the deck!  New boots solved the problem - the jeans fit more snugly around them and don't flap around now. :)

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
  • It takes a villiage to raise an idiot.....
Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 04:25:14 pm
Any other Enfields in New England?

Sub

• Bob's Your Uncle
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2010 Black Bullet C5
Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 04:36:26 pm
Stirrups! Uhm, no. :)

Maybe I can just get a peg that has metal on the ends instead of grippy rubber..

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 05:52:03 pm
Or wear jeans inside the boots, retro rocker style..

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 06:11:19 pm
Or wear jeans inside the boots, retro rocker style..

BING!! Good Answer!!  ;D A man COULD take it a step farther and get some of the GREAT riding pants from Italy or East Germany that the Sportsman's Guide has .... They are quite comfy, VERY functional with the TALL boots ..... and they are "cooler" than the Harley costume of black leather with fringes, concho's and diamond-stud rivets from the Ronco Rivet-teer .... I an't sayin' - I'm just sayin' ....
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 07:14:57 pm
It does make sense for riding. I wear engineer style boots and did put the jeans inside until I got my Hood kevlar lined bike jeans (recommended) - heavy duty and hard to tuck inside the boots until they start wearing in a bit. Either way, I'm allegedly bullet proof from the waist down :D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 07:23:51 pm by WillW »

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
  • It takes a villiage to raise an idiot.....
Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 07:24:25 pm
Stirrups! Uhm, no. :)

Maybe I can just get a peg that has metal on the ends instead of grippy rubber..

Me neither, but they must be for someone!   ::)
Any other Enfields in New England?

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 07:45:06 pm
It does make sense for riding. I wear engineer style boots and did put the jeans inside until I got my Hood kevlar lined bike jeans (recommended) - heavy duty and hard to tuck inside the boots until they start wearing in a bit. Either way, I'm allegedly bullet proof from the waist down :D

I got used to wearing engineer boots (Dang Carolina doesn't make the 17" ones anymore!) when I was riding my Velocette. It would sprinkle a fellows nice pants with a bit of oil - so in the boots they went. The boots stayed well lubed, pliable and shiny, the britches stayed clean and I got used to doing it that way. Old habits die hard, I guess! Hahaha!
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

Meatballs

• Scooter
Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 08:31:44 pm
The UK Clubman EFI comes with folding footpegs as standard; however I must say that a couple of times when pulling away my foot has accidently flipped the pegs up and because they are not spring loaded has left me with nowhere to put my foot ,which has been a bit disconcerting!! ???

However this was only when I had just got the bike and was getting used to the different foot peg position from my other bike!

Sub

• Bob's Your Uncle
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2010 Black Bullet C5
Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 03:32:24 am
Ah, ok. Yes I'd definitely want spring loaded versions..

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: July 14, 2010, 04:04:05 am
Ah, ok. Yes I'd definitely want spring loaded versions..
Spring loaded rubber, I don't think you would be happy with a solid metal peg. Your Toes may feel like their doing the boogalou against you steel toe boots.It's a single. Might be able to use a Honda CB style. I'll look in the garage tomorrow, I have both here, I'll checkout the difference in the mount set up.
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 04:35:39 am
OK, I see no problem on the left side of the bike if you want to try the Honda cb750 style Flip up foot peg and arm. But on the right, the cb750 peg arm will be close to hitting the header pipe. It also may be set lower than where the stock Enfield beg would be, in relation to the brake pedal. It's one of them try it and see's. If your really interested, I'll try it and see's :D To be honest though, I do still find myself sometimes catching my cuff on these one too.
 Dan.
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.